🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Change the overlay hotkeys?

Currently it's set for Shift+F2, but I have my F2 key customized for something else. So I was wondering if I could change it to like Shift+F4 or something?
     2 people found this helpful

UbiVolfbane's Avatar Community Manager
    Unfortunately, the settings are by default with the Uplay client. This is not possible. Although, I will pass this along as a suggestion to the Uplay team. Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest changing the mapping use of the F2 key.

Gawd noooooo!!!!!!

Originally Posted by UbiVolfbane Go to original post
    Unfortunately, the settings are by default with the Uplay client. This is not possible. Although, I will pass this along as a suggestion to the Uplay team. Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest changing the mapping use of the F2 key.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! this means I have to turn off my Razer blackwidow ULT preset keys for music just to use this. /crysoftly

Darren_Evans's Avatar Member
    I too find this hard-coded overlay shortcut annoying. By every definition, it's an inexcusable design choice. Also poor is the inability to choose an installation directory at the time of installation start. You have to first change the default target directory globally first. It would also be a great quality-of-life improvement if there were built-in tools to move games from one drive to another for those of us with precious SSD space. This is why I default to Steam client wherever I can.
     1 people found this helpful

Yes, I'm going to necro this because I really want to change it from Shift-F2 (how in the world did they not give that option???) and it's been 4 years since the guy requested it.

Lets be honnest here

I really don't think Ubisoft cares enough to implement a feature to simply change the hotkey for the overlay. and I also seriously doubt the community manager sent that request to the tech team to see if they could possibly make that change happen.

Ubi-gabelikes's Avatar Community Developer
    Hey,

This request has been passed onto the Uplay team multiple times, however because of the way the overlay interact with games, their unique keybindings, players who run the client through Steam, it's not something we are able to do currently. We have it in mind though, so it may be something we get to in the future because we want to give you the ability to customize your controls as much as possible.

/gabelikes

ITs really weird

Literally, I just wanted to play r6 in the morning as usual. But whenever i press "shift" as my sprint/run, it just opened the uplay, it just happened this morning, can someone help me with this problem? I don't want a stupid Shift button ruining my day thanks.

hummm

Clearly it was a sad and annoying choice since we ALL KNOW that F1 F2 F3 keys and SHIFT are normally used in ALL GAMES...

Same would be to map 1,2,3 or Space... Wtf were you thinking when SHIFT+F2 was set ????

I just googled how to change the overlay hotkey and found a thread from 2014.

5 years later and still no option to change the button. Wow!
     5 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►