Matching for swiss tournaments

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, how does the matching for swiss tournaments work? Is it completely random, or will I be joining a tournament with players at similar skill levels (read: ranked elo) as me? I'm asking because I wouldn't want to start wasting my tickets this early if I'm just going to get stomped by more experienced players.

Revalon's Avatar Senior Member
    There is no matchmaking system in swisses, you can get players of every elo in your group.
    So keep saving your tickets until you have a deck that is stable around 1200 elo I'd say and that you can play fast, as you have only 7 minutes in total for all your turns per match in swisses.

Thanks for the info Revalon, looks like I will be holding on to those tickets then!

One of the facts I like in playing swiss tournaments is the chance to win a Emilios Pack even if you get stomped around.
    This is an easy way of getting more cards when you can use anything you can get your hands on.

Although I am not a very good player (elo around 900 now), I did win some FT packs (3 out of 20 played tournaments).

So if you are up for the challenge it may be wise playing swiss tournaments after all.

Originally Posted by mobamba Go to original post
    One of the facts I like in playing swiss tournaments is the chance to win a Emilios Pack even if you get stomped around.
    This is an easy way of getting more cards when you can use anything you can get your hands on.

Although I am not a very good player (elo around 900 now), I did win some FT packs (3 out of 20 played tournaments).

So if you are up for the challenge it may be wise playing swiss tournaments after all.
    If all 8 players finish a swiss tournament, your chances of obtaining that Emilios Pack is only 16.67%! With those odds it is definitely NOT worth wasting your tournament tickets until you are ready. It may seem like you have plenty of tournament tickets right now, but once you have a competitive deck and are actually ready for swiss tournament, you'll burn through those tickets fast. You could go for weeks before you get another ticket through daily rewards or achievements.