Has anyone at all tried the modding kit yet?

Hi all,

I've been reading that a lot of people are pissed over having to have Unity Pro to mod this game. I agree that it's a really steep cost that will prohibit any kind of casual modding.

I happen to already have Unity Pro though, so I figured I would give it a shot to see what the modding experience was like. Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious what others think of the tool.

Also, though, I got stuck on the loading screen after attempting to load my demo mod. Has anyone actually gotten a mod to load and run?

I just tried to modify some data and values via csv file (like start items, hp, skills, damage and so on) but with strange results. Mostly the game wonīt start a new game, because the whole character creation is buggy after modification. I donīt know why this happened. Also most parts of ingame dialogs are missing or erroneous.

Originally Posted by Fireseed Go to original post
    I just tried to modify some data and values via csv file (like start items, hp, skills, damage and so on) but with strange results. Mostly the game wonīt start a new game, because the whole character creation is buggy after modification. I donīt know why this happened. Also most parts of ingame dialogs are missing or erroneous.
    You probably screwed something up, I have been able to edit .CSV's just fine and seen the effects ingame.

I tried and got similar results with fireseed, I only changed mana cost and damage values of the spells, when i load previous save everywhere filled with strange icons etc and game was frozen and unresponsive ...

First I thought I probably screwed something up. But after several tests it seems some files are "protected" in any case. If I change MonsterStaticData.csv everything is okay and working, but if I modify a file like CharacterClassStaticData.csv or QuestObjectives.csv everything is screwed. The funny thing this happend also on parts of the game I didnīt changed in any way.

And yes I tried this with text editor and two real csv editors. I used "CSVed" (freeware) and "CSV Editor" by IN Media. All with exact the same result...

If anybody figure out whatīs going wrong please let me know!

The last post in this thread on steam may explain why it doesn't work for some people. Depending on which version of unity you have.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238750...4845502537558/

Originally Posted by Swiftari Go to original post
    The last post in this thread on steam may explain why it doesn't work for some people. Depending on which version of unity you have.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238750...4845502537558/
    I do have Unity 4.2, so that's not it in my case. I guess I'll just wait until the release and try again.

I didnīt use Unity, I just tried this via text editor and two external csv editor programs. But the result should be same.

Hum, okay time to fire up U-Pro and see what can be done.

Well, I would be very happy if someone can add at least SOME form of monster respawning.

I don't like RPGs that have a finite number of enemies.