🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

View Poll Results: Is this what you would like to see the next FarCry4 editor close to?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • What is FarCry?

0 0%
    GhostWind905's Avatar Member

CryEngine3 sandbox editor, FC4 editor needs to be similar!

This is more like what we would wish for in an editor. The fact that it is cross platform compatible is very interesting, and if the editor in the up coming FarCry4 incorporated this feature, then we could share maps regardless of platform. However, cross platform multiplayer would understandably be unlikely. This sandbox has definitely got some abstract ideas floating in my head regarding level design.
    Here is where you can get the free public edition:

http://www.crydev.net

I often see maps on this forum from other platforms (not PC) which I really would like to play.
    But as you say Ghost not likely because the consoles have more limits the PC does not have.

For editior in FC4 I would like the opportunity to create own gamemods and criteria in that map. So specific weapon rules, but also make capture the flag, defend the hill possible.
    Also vehicles are a must. So race maps, jetski maps or glider maps are possible again (like in FC2).
    So have opportunity to be really creative as mapdesigner. Also much more building types.

But above my list is dedicated servers. So we can run server with only the maps we love the most.

GhostWind905's Avatar Member
    One of the things I like most about the Cryengine3 editor, is that you can import your own objects from Google Sketchup. All you need is to install the plugin, and you can import your very own creations into the editor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqPNOqW1g4 If the FarCry4 editor had a user created asset option, It could allow people to create, upload, share, and download different assets to use in the game. The whole selling point of the FarCry series for me is user created content, period! I am not that interested in single player, even though it is well done. If the user created content could expand past just maps to include user created assets, then the fanbase for the FarCry series would expand exponentially. All they have to do is improve the problems with the previous versions, and don't rush production. People remember very well money they spent on an incomplete product. Hopefully they listen to those who have been loyal fans of the series. Some of the more common requests have been:

Vehicles: These ARE very important to certain types of game modes, and can change the experience altogether, not always in a negative way.
    Mounted weapons: These ARE needed for certain types of maps. Heavily fortified structures, or custom ships need these.
    Shared Spawns: NEED the option to NOT USE if desired. Sometimes I want to control locations where teams spawn.
    4 Ground Textures: NEED more than 4 ground paint textures. Also an ability to edit textures would be helpful.

I know there are many more, but many others have already posted these. I am very sure the devs are aware of the issues with FC3. I just hope they take those into account with the development of the next release. Unfortunately there seems to be an unfair focus on the console version with development, and PC gets the stripped down Nintendo"ish" feel.

I'd just like to be able to play custom maps on ANY ​platform. Seems a bit much to ask for multiplatform play, when they couldn't even give us a decent sharing system on closed platforms. I've maybe played 5 good custom maps since I've owned this game... and one of them was mine.

I bet they strip away more of the map editing features in the next game. This game was only successful because of the single player, so it seems to me they are going to focus on that. After all, you cant sell any multiplayer DLC if people are making their own content... Gotta get that money!