Well I just bought this now - thankfully didn't pay that much for it as it was 75% off but I'm getting these crashes.
    The only thing that I can't confirm are the exact 23 mins. My crashes are pretty much on the 29-30 mins but are reliably so.

I turned off cloud saves and went offline briefly to see if it'd start from the beginning but it seemed to start at the Paladin where I was. I've yet to try offline - it's time for bed now after trying so many things but I'll see how it goes tomorrow offline. Annoyingly I was on the the lighthouse mission and played it so many times not being able to get through it before the crash. The last time I finished the 3 objectives and just making my way to extraction and it crashed!!

Very painful!

What I'd like to know from any of you :

1) how do I tell what patch I have installed - guessing it's 1.03 but as I installed via Uplay I expect it installed the latest - I can't find a way to tell.
    2) how can I uninstall the patch - uplay just installs the damn thing and updates it presumably. I don't have the option to download and install manually so can't do what others are doing which is to install it and apply all patches to 1.02?

Blacklist crash fix GUARANTEED.

Blacklist crash issue solved. Guaranteed. Issue finally working no thanks to Ubisoft support. WARNING: USING THIS WILL RESET YOUR GAME AND WILL HAVE TO RESTART FROM BEGINNING.
    This fix will work for all. No need to change anything settings on you computer or in-game settings.
    So back up your save-game files before applying this fix. I applied this fix before I backed up my save-games and had to start the game over. Luckily I didn't get very far. I do not know that after you applied this fix and you restore your save-games that you will not have to begin your game from beginning or not. first download 7ZIP from http://www.7-zip.org as you will need It to extract the files.
    Copy this link in to your address bar: http://d34290979.consolebackup.com/?...D4Elt8%2Fq4%3D
    Then using 7zip extract the files in to blacklist\src\SYSTEM folder. when asked what to do replace the files. remember to restore your save-games. Multi player might not function but at least you can now play the game. For multiplayer you have to replace the extracted files with the original files. Don't know if game will still work then. NOW ENJOY YOUR WORKING GAME!

Originally Posted by Eugene760410 Go to original post
    Blacklist crash issue solved. Guaranteed. Issue finally working no thanks to Ubisoft support. WARNING: USING THIS WILL RESET YOUR GAME AND WILL HAVE TO RESTART FROM BEGINNING.
    This fix will work for all. No need to change anything settings on you computer or in-game settings.
    So back up your save-game files before applying this fix. I applied this fix before I backed up my save-games and had to start the game over. Luckily I didn't get very far. I do not know that after you applied this fix and you restore your save-games that you will not have to begin your game from beginning or not. first download 7ZIP from http://www.7-zip.org as you will need It to extract the files.
    Copy this link in to your address bar: http://d34290979.consolebackup.com/?...D4Elt8%2Fq4%3D
    Then using 7zip extract the files in to blacklist\src\SYSTEM folder. when asked what to do replace the files. remember to restore your save-games. Multi player might not function but at least you can now play the game. For multiplayer you have to replace the extracted files with the original files. Don't know if game will still work then. NOW ENJOY YOUR WORKING GAME!
    I wanted to try your solution, but files from this link belong to "Majesty 2"

Originally Posted by stephensycc Go to original post
    Just happened to re-installed my windows due to some other error. And guess what, the game works. All online features, reward from Uplay all works. I guess the current solution is to re-install windows, until Ubisoft came out with a new fix
    Well looks like 3 years after Launch they still haven't fixed it.
    Not Sure if reinstalling Windows is worth it. I'm gonna lose all the files on my Computer just to play this ???
    **** you Ubisoft, I hope you go bankrupt

Another FIX - not documented anywhere - Check your GAME KEY!!!

So just in case this applies to anyone else I'll detail my fix here.

Firstly I had both the 23 minute crash problem AND inability to go online with "blacklist servers unavailable please try again later".
    I was and am convinced they are related to each other and I could go offline and not have the crash.

BTW. I bought this game on a special deal directly through Uplay ... more about this later.

So after a ticket which remained unanswered for weeks I phone Ubisoft and ended up with many stupid and stock suggestion for checking various things on my computer. This proved only one thing to me - they ignored everything I told them about the problem.

After massive gaps in replies, like 3 weeks etc I finally got an answer from the first guy that replied to me telling me that the reason this was happening was: "YOU DO NOT HAVE A GAME KEY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET ONLINE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE"

I was astounded by this statement - How is it possible to buy something on Uplay and NOT HAVE A GAME KEY?????

I was told that they'd need to remove the game from Uplay then give me a key to activate it and also offered some extra content for the inconvenience.

So I told them to go ahead and once this was done (I didn't have to re-install, just get it removed from Uplay), I activated with the key and fired it up.

It worked immediately. Straight to online with no problems and no 23 minute crash!!

So given that not all Ubisoft support staff realise this and given that it is possible to buy a game on Uplay and NOT have a game key there is a chance that some of you out there might be in the same position.

My advice is for you to specifically request that the support staff check the existence of your game key. If you never put a key in (which is what happened to me - I bought it, it appeared in uplay and I downloaded it - at no point was I given a key it was simply auto-activated), then this may be what the problem is.

Good luck and I hope it solves the problem for some of you out there.
     4 people found this helpful

Now 2020, having this problem. Thought that the game key was the fix so tried entering it to find it's apparently invalid. Now looking for reasons as to why and finding 0. Super annoying really enjoyed this game when It was released and was hoping to enjoy it again but guess not.
     2 people found this helpful

So did I just waste money on the deluxe edition because I cant even access those bonus items..

I have this issue too, support told me it is an issue they are looking into so keep an eye on the forum but I have now owned this game for a month and still no supposed fix

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey guys,

As GR_BistoBoy79 has correctly posted, this is something that is currently under investigation.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while this is resolved.

Thank you!
     1 people found this helpful

same issue. Playing via Uplay +. Crashes same time period. Copied k over to regular launcher on sash it installed and it doesnt work. Very disappointed, was willing to buy the game for my own but not with this mess going on.
     1 people found this helpful