Found a solution to the every 30 min crash for my computer

Originally Posted by Taddis12 Go to original post
    Hello,
    I got this odd problem , ruining my gaming expierence. Game for some reason crashes and gives short error "blacklist_DX11_game.exe has stopped working". I've tried lowering settings, switching from dx11 to dx9, switching to windowed from fullscreen, turning off windows aero- all same problem. Very strange it's always happening right on 23 or 24 minute gameplay mark.

My pc specs:
    Intel I3-3240 3,4 ghz;
    Radeon 7850 1gb;
    4 GB ram;
    Windows 7 64bit.

Game overall runs really fluently, there is no lag or any stutter before crash, it just happens out of nowhere. Only this game crashes , other ones like battlefield 3, metro 2033, planetside 2 never crashes. I don't know what to do please help.
    Its all about the Ports that the game connects to...
    if you google, you'll find a list of ports you need to use for this game, but there is a few more on that list that I've found inspecting my firewall traffic.

UDP: 3658, 13000:13032, 13000,
    TCP/UDP: 1000, 21000:21036*
    TCP: 14000:14008*, 13200, 13005

*new ports discoved
    ':' range

I came to this solution after playing the game the first few times
    first time- offline (no network cable plugged in) passing the first two missions and expecting no issues with my saved game files => that was my first mistake... (over an hour of play and no crashes)

second time I started the game I forgot to unplug the network cable =>my second mistake, and the game notify me that I needed an update, tried to update behind my hardware firewall, with no luck, since I have every country in the world blocked and every port other than http. so I plugged straight to my isp's router and updated and played the game with no problems. (over an hour of play and no crashes)

third time I started the game, again I forgot to unplug the network cable and again I was behind the firewall. finally told uplay to start offline and the nightmare began...
    no saved game was loaded, the game started from scratch... I said ok, let see if i can recover from uplay cloud (reasonable functionality for a cloud storage system - my local data is lost, lets recover from cloud) => my recurring mistake, 'logical assumptions'
    plugged straight to my ISP's router bypassing my firewall, and the game decided to overwrite the cloud saved game (making sure what's the progress of the saved game before overwriting with a new game with no progress?=> logical assumptions again!)

so every time I wanted to play, I skipped the firewall and played the single person missions till I had the equipment I wanted (10hr w/ no crashes). then I google how to back up the game saved files before I tried to play with other people behind my firewall (i was not going to play multiplayer till I was protected by my firewall.) then I google for the ports, got a good list but not complete....

tried using the list and played behind the firewall and that's when the every 33min the game would crash at the egyptian embassy. no google solutions solved the issue
    decided to do some troubleshooting and figured out that just about everything that you need to run the game online was working except when I tryed to access the shadownet from within the game, it kept saying it couldn't connect. so I inspected the firewall traffic and that's when I found the rest of the ports that weren't listed. added them to the white list and haven't had a crash since then, 4 hours of play, 3 different times

Hope this helps, and really wish some of the other issues, like saved games get resolved by ubisoft

Ubi****,

This problem is getting ridicilous. How long has the game been on the market? Still theres no solution for the game crashing problem. No offense( at this point i dont even care if u do take) how untalented or money greedy bastards are you? If theres a problem it needs to be taken care of? How can it be that the problem still exists and theres no viable solution to fix it? You pay money for a game and it even doesnt work properly? Good job people... Ffs.

Ps. Waiting for the "Please send a ticket to support" message which wont help jack ****. Thank you for ripping people off from their money and giving **** quality in return.

Tried to open ports as well as enabling DMZ (opens ALL ports in router) , but no luck.

Only real solution support gave me is running game in offline mode. Although game isn't crashing this way, but its unplayable mode because saves doesn't work then and you have to start campaign all over again everytime you launch game.

I guess you can't blame people responding to your support ticket, they aren't people who developed game and uplay and could just release patch fixing the common problem. But we have to be persistent asking them for a fix, so this common problem will be heard for those who responsive releasing working product.

Still no solutions?
    Almost one month since I got this game.
    I tried ports open,firewall off,offline in uplay,no router,hostfile....

Re-installed Windows, Game runs smoothly

I was having the 24-minute bug as well. I tried forwarding ports, editing videosettings.ini, updating drivers, DX9 vs DX11, and every other "fix" I could find. Never got more than 24 minutes in-game, multiplayer/coop was unavailable, ShadowNet was unavailable, and I couldn't redeem any Uplay rewards. Radio silence from Tech Support on the tickets I submitted.

In a fit of desperation, I re-installed Windows (I'm running Win7 64bit), and now the game runs flawlessly. I can access all game modes, redeem Uplay rewards, and as a "stress test, I left the game running all day yesterday while I was at work. It ran for 9 hours with no crash. Note that I did lose my game progress, and had to start over.

Might not be a viable method of troubleshooting, but it got the job done.

Originally Posted by tre519 Go to original post
    I was having the 24-minute bug as well. I tried forwarding ports, editing videosettings.ini, updating drivers, DX9 vs DX11, and every other "fix" I could find. Never got more than 24 minutes in-game, multiplayer/coop was unavailable, ShadowNet was unavailable, and I couldn't redeem any Uplay rewards. Radio silence from Tech Support on the tickets I submitted.

In a fit of desperation, I re-installed Windows (I'm running Win7 64bit), and now the game runs flawlessly. I can access all game modes, redeem Uplay rewards, and as a "stress test, I left the game running all day yesterday while I was at work. It ran for 9 hours with no crash. Note that I did lose my game progress, and had to start over.

Might not be a viable method of troubleshooting, but it got the job done.
    I'll reinstal to win 8.1 today and see how that goes.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm, reinstalling your OS works ! No more crashing, online mode is functioning and I didn't even had to start campaign over again.

I've suffered the same issues as well. Still under troubleshooting until I found this thread. To me, re-install the windows just to play the game IS NOT acceptable! Ubisoft teams need to work harder on this!!

tried all these solutions opening ports video settings delete hosts etc nothing works. well short of reinstalling win 7 64bit ofc thats no solution to spend 1-2 weeks getting my pc back to where i like it somekind of shadownet bug since you cant login to that ingame either even though uplay works fine

also cant seem to get offline to save for some weird reason even with cloud turned off anyway needs a patch for now its just another bad port that dont work on pc

Rig failing to run this
    Mobo:Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z (using built in network)
    Cpu: I7 2600k @4.5ghz
    Gfx: Evga SC/ACX GTX 780 TI
    Ram: 16gb ddr3 mushkin redline 2133mhz

Just happened to re-installed my windows due to some other error. And guess what, the game works. All online features, reward from Uplay all works. I guess the current solution is to re-install windows, until Ubisoft came out with a new fix

Tried all fix, still crashing. The game AND uplay even got worse. There is only one word for this ....after so long time....FRAUD!