Originally Posted by KenTWOu Go to original post
    Do you have other Ubisoft games with multiplayer? Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3/4? Did they have the same connectivity issues? I've heard, that sometimes Uplay doesn't give you access to Ubisoft services because your Uplay password is too complex because of very rare symbols in it. Try to change your password, just in case.
    I have the same issue. 23 minutes is an automatic freeze and it never goes over. I can confirm that password doesn't impact it and I can play AC4 Multiplayer without issues. I can not connect to Splinter Cell online either.

Something this small impacts a lot of users. We've identified this issue so It should be an easy fix for Ubi.

I've tried shootmania demo on uplay and online connectivity worked there. So it should be this individual gaming having problem.

I'm convinced it has something to do with Blacklist communicating after 23 minutes.

I can't connect to multiplayer either BUT...I can click on Friends and it connects to Uplay just fine. Seems like a program error or conflict.

Splinter Cell Blacklist: Crashes after 23 or 24 minutes gameplay!

Originally Posted by Taddis12 Go to original post
    Hello,
    I got this odd problem , ruining my gaming expierence. Game for some reason crashes and gives short error "blacklist_DX11_game.exe has stopped working". I've tried lowering settings, switching from dx11 to dx9, switching to windowed from fullscreen, turning off windows aero- all same problem. Very strange it's always happening right on 23 or 24 minute gameplay mark.

My pc specs:
    Intel I3-3240 3,4 ghz;
    Radeon 7850 1gb;
    4 GB ram;
    Windows 7 64bit.

Game overall runs really fluently, there is no lag or any stutter before crash, it just happens out of nowhere. Only this game crashes , other ones like battlefield 3, metro 2033, planetside 2 never crashes. I don't know what to do please help.
    I am having the same issue with the "blacklist_DX11_game.exe has stopped working" after 23 minutes. Many people having the same problem, most of them downloaded the game from steam. It would be nice if ubisoft would fix this problem! Tired of restarting game! Many having this crash no matter what your PC specs are. I tried many of the same things everyone else has with no luck. My card: NVIDIA GTX 660 TI

KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Macho Go to original post
    Something this small impacts a lot of users. We've identified this issue so It should be an easy fix for Ubi.
    Originally Posted by wahigan Go to original post
    Many people having the same problem, most of them downloaded the game from steam. It would be nice if ubisoft would fix this problem!
    Man, It's Ubisoft, it's not Valve: One of the things you have to do to be successful in our business is to be responsive to reactions that people have. You can give ten people the same set of forum posts and only one of them will actually take it in a productive direction. So the fact that somebody has been able to build something and ship it and not get sort of bogged down and give up and then deal with the gush of responses you get, filter through that in a useful and productive way and iterate is really the core of product design and development in our world.

Ubisoft doesn't fix anything as soon as possible even if you describe them the real reason of your issue like I did here and here. Man, the game still doesn't save your progress in offline mode for lots of people on Steam including me. And their tech support knows about it. But Ubisoft still doesn't fix anything.

That's why you can only rely on yourself and try everything to fix this issue, even if it sounds as stupid as this: Go to Audio Settings and set the Speaker Configuration to 5.1 Surround... Don't ask me why this can work, but it did to me. Just did the change and kept playing.... And finally, no crash

Originally Posted by Taddis12 Go to original post
    Splinter Cell: blacklist is my first and i guess last game on this drm made by satan.
    You know, Uplay DRM isn't the real problem here, the lack of tech support and updates after game release is.

That's why you can only rely on yourself and try everything to fix this issue, even if it sounds as stupid as this: Go to Audio Settings and set the Speaker Configuration to 5.1 Surround... Don't ask me why this can work, but it did to me. Just did the change and kept playing.... And finally, no crash
    Tested and I can confirm this does not work. None of those hocus-pocus tricks will work.

You can edit (through other means) the game to remove the online access part, but it borks any save-game progress you have. I'd rather not do that. I would like to play the game through Uplay and play multiplayer as well someday...

KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Tested and I can confirm this does not work. None of those hocus-pocus tricks will work.
    Which type of sound card do you have? By the way, I have a discrete sound card from Creative.

You can edit (through other means) the game to remove the online access part...
    Reminds me about Crysis 2 hardware related issue. The final Crysis 2 1.9 patch had issues with certain hardwares (the game crashed on my PC during reloading of any checkpoint because of my CPU) to the point that one of the warez groups thought that the other one made a mistake during hacking By the way, EA tech support gifted me digital copy of Mirror's Edge because of this. AFAIK Crytek fixed that issue only in Crysis 2 Maximum Edition. At least C2ME works just fine on my PC.

Which type of sound card do you have? By the way, I have a discrete sound card from Creative.

Reminds me about Crysis 2 hardware related issue. The final Crysis 2 1.9 patch had issues with certain hardwares (the game crashed on my PC during reloading of any checkpoint because of my CPU) to the point that one of the warez groups thought that the other one made a mistake during hacking By the way, EA tech support gifted me digital copy of Mirror's Edge because of this. AFAIK Crytek fixed that issue only in Crysis 2 Maximum Edition. At least C2ME works just fine on my PC.
    Its some kind of check that happens every 23 minutes. The second it freezes and I exit, UPlay tells me I've played exactly 23 minutes. I doubt its a hardware conflict. I've never had any problems, my bios and graphics card have the latest drivers, and I run other games (including AC4) just fine. Re-installing doesn't help and neither did any of the Eyefinity, Windowsfinalstyle, or running in DX9 fixes. I've also tried every option I could in port forwarding. I'm inclined to think its some sort of connection error since I can't get online either and I can bypass it by disabling UPlay (which is what we don't want to do).

It sounds like that guy had another problem. I'm using the Realtek integrated sound card. If you come up with any other fixes, I'll try them. Since this problem isn't specific to just me, its worth a shot to try and fix it even if I do debunk all the possible solutions.

Happens to me too, although I can play SvM for 3 or 4 hours without problems and then all of a sudden it crashes with the same "DX11.exe" problem. After restart I get this notification over and over after 2 or 3 minutes.

I'm running on Windows 8 (not 8.1) and an Nvidia GTX 660 SC. When playing with a friend who has copy of this via steam, all sorts of strange things happen too ; sometimes I can't see anything on screen and it has turned into some blurry green and grey with black, seeing you use an Nvidia GTX 660, so do I (GTX 660 SC from EVGA), so could it be the graphics card then?

Since I use the latest drivers, and I can play any other game it's weird that this 1 crashes like the card goes too hot or so???

Yours may be hardware related. We've narrowed ours down to a specific time: 23 minutes EXACTLY.

I worked with the support techs on this and we tried everything: We followed all of the PC workarounds, confirmed all ports were forwarded with PFPortChecker (including port 3074), disabled all programs including anti-virus, and re-installed with a new serial key. We even examined the crash log to no avail and they confirmed that my computer is supported and exceeds recommended specs.

The last thing I was told was to wait and maybe they'll find something later to fix it.