SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager

Steam Patch Notes - 12/19

12/19 Steam (PC/Mac) Patch Notes
    - Streamlined Uplay Login Process
    - UI overlap issues have been addressed when quickly advancing through Profile selection.
    - Mouse input issues caused by using Riff Repeater phrase selection hotkeys have been addressed.
    - Text screen limits have been readjusted for German, Italian, and Japanese languages.
    - Addressed a very rare situation in which switching paths would not change the note layout.
    - Fixed UI issues caused by using the Xbox 360 Controller and Mouse in conjunction.
    - Fixed a random crash when entering Tone Designer after completing initial calibration.
    - Removed incorrect “Capo Required” tag from the song “Paint It, Black” in the Learn a Song songs list.
    - Fixed an issue where Num Lock prevented tone switching using the numeric (10-Key) keypad.
    - Guitar experience selection during profile creation now influences song starting difficulty properly
    - Tuning/Calibration tips have been added to help troubleshoot edge-case guitars
    - Mastery Level data loss issues have been addressed

Still not fixed: new songs start at 0% mastery level.

Did you tweak the green "Perfect Phrase" error tolerance in Score Attack? It seems to be more forgiving now, giving me "Perfect Phrases" even if I had misses during that phrase. And I mean more misses than what it considered "Perfect" before the patch. Before it might tolerate one miss, now I can make 2 or 3 and still get Perfect. Platinum Picks are easier to get now.

Originally Posted by Hipsu-kun Go to original post
    Still not fixed: new songs start at 0% mastery level.

Did you tweak the green "Perfect Phrase" error tolerance in Score Attack? It seems to be more forgiving now, giving me "Perfect Phrases" even if I had misses during that phrase. And I mean more misses than what it considered "Perfect" before the patch. Before it might tolerate one miss, now I can make 2 or 3 and still get Perfect. Platinum Picks are easier to get now.
    I wonder if you have to start a new profile in order to get the mastery level to work properly.

And yeah, I always giggle when I get a "perfect" even after I've made a couple of misses.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mrvega79 Go to original post
    I wonder if you have to start a new profile in order to get the mastery level to work properly.

And yeah, I always giggle when I get a "perfect" even after I've made a couple of misses.
    Could be. I've seen it a bunch with game patches. The patch will PREVENT the bug it's supposed to fix if the bug hasn't happened yet, but it won't fix it if it has. We got a lot of that with Skyrim.

Originally Posted by Hipsu-kun Go to original post
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought it strange when I flubbed a solo by starting on the wrong string and still came away with a perfect phrase.

Originally Posted by mrvega79 Go to original post

Any more comment on this from those with the patch? I am keen to know whether anyone's existing, bugged profile was fixed with the patch or did you have to start a new one?

I really don't want to start a new one...

Is there a Patch to address RS2014 keeps adjusting the record input level to 17?

I agree, is there a patch in the works to fix the record level resetting to 17? suddenly my game has become completely unplayable. unable to tune or calibrate correctly. never had a issue before but now it's doing this.. grrrr.....

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    The last PC patch seemed to have fix that for me. I can check again but I noticed it was at 50 now. The other thing I wonder is if the gain setting is tied to this. You can adjust that under audio settings. Don't go too high with it though or your sound will be distorted.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    I had a new patch installed today when I logged onto Steam
    what was that one for?