1. #1
    phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,527

    I know it's like pretty late... *SPOILERS*

    But have any of you guys thought about what Thomas Hickey said to Connor before he died?

    "Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty."

    I thought this dialogue really served as a foreshadowing element, because it sort of does reflect the ending of the game(Not the modern day ending). You know, Connor's lost a lot within the course of his lifetime we relive through, his mother, Kanentokon, Haytham, Achilles, and his village. At the end, he goes and talks to Juno on why his village was driven out, and Juno replies that sacrifices have to be made and then requests that he buries the amulet where no one would look. Connor came a long way, but he sacrificed a lot as an assassin, but gained little to nothing in the end after stopping the Templars.


    Share this post

  2. #2
    Charles_Phipps's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ashland, Ky
    Posts
    537
    Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    But have any of you guys thought about what Thomas Hickey said to Connor before he died?

    "Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty."

    I thought this dialogue really served as a foreshadowing element, because it sort of does reflect the ending of the game(Not the modern day ending). You know, Connor's lost a lot within the course of his lifetime we relive through, his mother, Kanentokon, Haytham, Achilles, and his village. At the end, he goes and talks to Juno on why his village was driven out, and Juno replies that sacrifices have to be made and then requests that he buries the amulet where no one would look. Connor came a long way, but he sacrificed a lot as an assassin, but gained little to nothing in the end after stopping the Templars.


    Connor actually ended up pretty okay because of the Homestead missions. While Connor lost his village and connection to the Mohawk people, he created his own community of multiracial and multinational people living together in peace and equality--which is the America Connor wanted to build but would take centuries to do so. The Homestead is a small American Dream but it's Connor's part and eventually grows.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Ezio is better...he lost Cristina...such feels
    Share this post

  4. #4
    phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,527
    Originally Posted by Charles_Phipps Go to original post
    Connor actually ended up pretty okay because of the Homestead missions. While Connor lost his village and connection to the Mohawk people, he created his own community of multiracial and multinational people living together in peace and equality--which is the America Connor wanted to build but would take centuries to do so. The Homestead is a small American Dream but it's Connor's part and eventually grows.
    Yeah, I know that the Homestead settlers became his family, but Connor eventually failed to protect his village...
    Share this post

  5. #5
    poptartz20's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Merica
    Posts
    2,251
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Ezio is better...he lost Cristina...such feels
    #truestory

    Haha... welcome back friend.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Charles_Phipps's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ashland, Ky
    Posts
    537
    Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    Yeah, I know that the Homestead settlers became his family, but Connor eventually failed to protect his village...
    Connor protected them as best he could, up to and including preventing George Washington from wiping them out completely. Sadly, they turned on him first. I don't think he really would have been welcome after killing one of his fellow tribesmen.

    I also liked Assassin's Creed: Forsaken and its coda with Connor.

    Connor isn't upset about the way things turned out. Dissapointed? Yes. However, he understands changing the course of nations and empires is a multi-century sort of deal.

    I applaud his courage.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by poptartz20 Go to original post
    #truestory

    Haha... welcome back friend.
    Thank you, dear friend...it is good to be back x)
    Share this post

  8. #8
    phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,527
    Originally Posted by Charles_Phipps Go to original post
    Connor protected them as best he could, up to and including preventing George Washington from wiping them out completely. Sadly, they turned on him first. I don't think he really would have been welcome after killing one of his fellow tribesmen.

    I also liked Assassin's Creed: Forsaken and its coda with Connor.

    Connor isn't upset about the way things turned out. Dissapointed? Yes. However, he understands changing the course of nations and empires is a multi-century sort of deal.

    I applaud his courage.
    Yeah, me too. I applaud his courage as well, but I don't really know of his impression when he saw a man on a stand with black slaves. I think the guy was trying to auction them off or something....sort of the beginning of a new problem...
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Charles_Phipps's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ashland, Ky
    Posts
    537
    Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    Yeah, me too. I applaud his courage as well, but I don't really know of his impression when he saw a man on a stand with black slaves. I think the guy was trying to auction them off or something....sort of the beginning of a new problem...
    Yeah, basically Connor knows he's going to be doing this **** for the rest of his life and probably his descendants lives too.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    Yeah, me too. I applaud his courage as well, but I don't really know of his impression when he saw a man on a stand with black slaves. I think the guy was trying to auction them off or something....sort of the beginning of a new problem...
    Judging by Aveline's DLC, I'd wager that's what Connor continued to focus on after becoming de facto mentor...freeing slaves, recruiting their leaders and supporting their resistance...another fight he probably never lived to see finished..
    Share this post