Not your typical save game thread

So last night I go to play in offline mode for the first time since 1.03 comes out, and it's not picking up my save game. It freezes for about 15 seconds at the intro screen, then when I press a button it wants me to select a difficulty.

It's almost as though it's trying to connect to the internet to read the save, because I still have the files all there, and when I put it online today it's perfectly fine. And no, I don't have cloud sync enabled.

Just curious if anyone else has had that happen to them? If it means I can only play when I have this computer online, so be it, I'm not that concerned..

i had perfectly the same situation as your first part.

and i lost everything.

nothing comes back since then.

peasantSufferer's Avatar Banned
    If you're on PC, the files are stored in C:\Profram Files\Ubisoft\Savegames, just copy the entire savgames folder, paste it desktop and copy it back, over-writing the files there, should kick-start the savegames...

Originally Posted by Limerick_ Go to original post
    If you're on PC, the files are stored in C:\Profram Files\Ubisoft\Savegames, just copy the entire savgames folder, paste it desktop and copy it back, over-writing the files there, should kick-start the savegames...
    Well there's no savegame directory there. There is Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist and Ubisoft Game Launcher.

There is a savegame one in the Launcher directory, if that's the same thing you mean?

peasantSufferer's Avatar Banned
    Yes, sorry i was overtired...

Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames...

Copy/pasting should work, if not, you can contact support let them know the time you lost your profile they can help you restore it.

Link to Support in my signature.

KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Weagles_Fan Go to original post
    It's almost as though it's trying to connect to the internet to read the save, because I still have the files all there, and when I put it online today it's perfectly fine. And no, I don't have cloud sync enabled.
    It's a wide spread issue, it seems like Uplay doesn't allow the game to get access to your savegame folder in offline mode.
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[,,,]\449\ for Steam version of Blacklist.

Just curious if anyone else has had that happen to them? If it means I can only play when I have this computer online, so be it, I'm not that concerned..
    I'm pretty sure only Steam version of Blacklist is affected, cause it has its own dedicated '449' folder. Could you confirm that you have Steam version of Blacklist?

Nah, I bought the physical disc. Not being on that computer right now I can't say for certain, but from memory I think I do have that 449 directory anyway. There was 3 of them, 2 were 4 hundred-something.

And Limerick, I was online yesterday and it's all still there. So it's definitely just something with being offline.

Nah, I bought the physical disc. Not being on that computer right now I can't say for certain, but from memory I think I do have that 449 directory anyway. There was 3 of them, 2 were 4 hundred-something.
    My friend has Uplay version and his savegame folder is 91.

Yeah, that was the other one there. But they all had data in them, so I don't know which one it's using.

Yeah, that was the other one there. But they all had data in them, so I don't know which one it's using.
    Еvery file has its own properties, so look for last modified date. Or you can temporarily rename each folder and figure out the right one when you 'lost' your progress.