• Meh, not really interested

12 8.05%
  • I´m indifferent

8 5.37%
  • I'm 12 years old and what is this?

8 5.37%
    GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bmark94 Go to original post
    Well it wouldn't be another full length game with Ezio again it would probably be done as a downloadable game like Liberation or as a standalone DLC like Freedom Cry. So Ezio wouldn't just eat up another one of the yearly releases. This would just be an extra thing since the plotline already exists. N they could stretch out developing HD versions of spin off games like this for several years releasing them once and a while. Maybe start with the Altaïr ones first since people seem very Ezio'd out at the moment, and by the time they get to Discovery you will be missing Ezio by then and it'd be a welcome nostalgic change of pace from whatever the main game time period would be by then
    Well, since you put it that way.. I'm fine with that.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by GunnerGalatico Go to original post
    Well, since you put it that way.. I'm fine with that.
    Then vote yes!

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post
    Important Ubisoft people are aware of a thread created by me?

We always highlight threads as needed

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    ^

I don't think something like this would be easily made, we are talking about a game that includes 3 fancy cities around the size of Firenze, but one can always dream.

Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Do not forget who conceived the idea, and who promoted you to create the thread. I want 50% of all profit revenue. You can get 40% and the remaining 10% can go to ubisoft.
    Since i went trough the trouble of creating the thread i should be the one getting the 50%.

^

I don't think something like this would be easily made, we are talking about a game that includes 3 fancy cities around the size of Firenze, but one can always dream.
    I don't think any of it could be easily made. That's why I wouldn't mind letting them do this kind of thing for several years.

But also I think it's incredibly wishful thinking to expect 3 fancy cities the size of Florence. They're never going to waste another main title on Ezio. So you would be far more likely to get cities more in the ballpark of New Orleans or Port au Prince(including plantations) fairly small-ish cities. The story is already out there I highly doubt they would go too far out of the way on a side project like this. I would expect smaller scale cities, perhaps reused building styles and other assets from AC2 and ACB. I wouldn't get my hopes up for 3 Florence like cities. It would just be a waste of resources to spend far to much time on detailing the cities like a main game for a story that they already have out there. I mean they haven't even said they are going to do it. If people expect too much and it becomes too complicated they probably won't even bother with it. I'm sure they have more important things to do than work on a side project that people will hype themselves up too much for and then get angry because if unrealistic expectations they had aren't fulfilled. So let's keep things realistic here and not demand too much.

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Definately, a Yes, but 99.9% chance of it not happening. Lol, I didn't even know AC2: Discovery existed until I saw this thread.

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Since i went trough the trouble of creating the thread i should be the one getting the 50%.
    Well since that now makes three of you, which doesn't divide easy, you can all take 10% and I'll take 70% for doing the maths...

Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake Go to original post
    Definately, a Yes, but 99.9% chance of it not happening. Lol, I didn't even know AC2: Discovery existed until I saw this thread.
    That is exactly why they should do this! People are missing out on big chunks of story in Discovery, Bloodlines and other games, many don't know they even exist! Ubi would get their money's worth out of them, people would fill in the gaps in the story and everyone is happy. Far more people will play a Console game over handheld, or books, or whatever else they use these days.

Unfortunately plot holes and scattered stories with obscure plot points hidden in spin offs and strange forms of media seems to be Ubi's M.O. these days. Instead of leaving protagonist's stories in games we get what isn't explained put in crappy novels that nobody will read(statistically speaking a very small fringe of the overall population of AC players actually read those things), or in a comic nobody reads either, or on Initiates where only the hard core fans get the info, or a crappy cell phone game holds plot points, or even multiplayer where you have to put in hours on hours of gameplay just to get a little bit of info about the MD story and so on and so forth. Its a mess. They are taking the important stuff they don't include in game(because they rush development to put out one game a year for $$$$) and putting it in dead forms of media and obscure places.

Next we'll find out that there's a Conner sequel movie only available by VHS tape or audiobook. Or if you're really lucky you may get a Shao Jun game only available in 8bit for players who may have an Atari laying around. Or instead of MD in Unity you have info Last Archive style, but only available in audio, so you have to buy the ACUnity Vinyl Record to advance the Modern Day story and get access to important MD revelations, only after using the phrases on the Record with an Assassin's Creed Secret Decoder Ring to understand it of course, which itself is only available in new AC Cereal boxes(which also have plot points hidden in games on the back of the box that you need to collect all the puzzles to understand) and so on and so forth it will be eventually. Of course I'm exaggerating a bit but its getting ridiculous.

If they are going to use multiple forms of media they should have separate story lines in each format so that nobody gets left behind when it comes to the goings on in the games themselves, And any plot points relating to protagonists should be shown in GAMES in my opinion, other unrelated stories and such can be in alternate media for all I care, but as things are it is becoming increasingly confusing, and more ridiculous every year as they add more of the story in random places, and more people will probably start to jump ship, out of confusion, and just forget about people jumping on board without playing the other games or knowing all the random stuff hidden everywhere, they will have NOOOO IDEA whats going on lol

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    I'd buy it, but only on the condition that the original gameplay be scrapped and it be formatted like an actual AC game, as opposed to a 2D sidescroller.

People are missing out on big chunks of story in Discovery
    Because 'life story' always equals to 'story'? That's like saying that Luke's story in the Star Wars movies wasn't complete and people are missing out and it has got a lots of plotholes and scattered stories because you can't have a complete story for Luke without reading all the novels, comics, and playing all the games with his participation.

Discovery doesn't add anything to Ezio's AC2 story. It doesn't have relevance neither to his character arc nor to the plot of the game. Heck, a few minutes into the game Ezio pretty much literally says 'I'm going to abandon the main plot of my main game to go on this side quest because I'm an Assassin now' (and Ezio's change of ways from 'revenge' to 'responsibility' after becoming an Assassin is looked at in AC2 anyway, i.e. at least Bonfire of the Vanities sequence, so again, Discovery wouldn't add anything to that). It's fine being a piece of extra material, for those who want to play on a handheld or want to know more about Ezio's life in general, but it doesn't NEED to be a part of any main series.