Can't make the crew sing at all

Hey, I can't make the crew sing at all. The options are always greyed out, I have quite a few shanties and have just unlocked the homestead island thing, I have never I once got the crew to sing so far and it's a bit disappointing. Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong? I'm playing on Xbox one.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Hawk Eyye Go to original post
    Hey, I can't make the crew sing at all. The options are always greyed out, I have quite a few shanties and have just unlocked the homestead island thing, I have never I once got the crew to sing so far and it's a bit disappointing. Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong? I'm playing on Xbox one.

Thanks
    Seems like a glitch, as the crew often starts singing by themselves anyway. You should report this is ubisoft support and hope for the best.

It won't work if you're sailing in stormy weather or in battle.

AngryRaisin's Avatar Member
    That sounds like a glitch if you are, in fact, sailing open waters without notoriety or being in combat (or escaping from it). How far in the game are you? Have you played through Sequence 3 (I think—or is it 5?) where you get full ship capabilities?

Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    Singing doesn't work if there's choppy waves, storms, red area with ships in it looking at you...

Originally Posted by AngryRaisin Go to original post
    That sounds like a glitch if you are, in fact, sailing open waters without notoriety or being in combat (or escaping from it). How far in the game are you? Have you played through Sequence 3 (I think—or is it 5?) where you get full ship capabilities?
    I've just done the mission where you unlock the home island / the fleet etc. I can't believe that I've been in a position where they can't sing for the entire game. Guess I will report this to technical support. Thanks for the help all.

AngryRaisin's Avatar Member
    If you've just gotten to that point then that would be why as you haven't been connected to the Jackdaw up until that point, therefore it would not play/acknowledge the Shanties you've collected just like you didn't have upgrade capabilities and that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by AngryRaisin Go to original post
    If you've just gotten to that point then that would be why as you haven't been connected to the Jackdaw up until that point, therefore it would not play/acknowledge the Shanties you've collected just like you didn't have upgrade capabilities and that sort of thing.
    Ah OK thanks - When does this unlock then?

Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    After I got out of the treasure fleet mission and took command of the Jackdaw to go to an island for supplies... I was able to make the crew sing. But as I've stated, they don't sing under certain conditions.

Originally Posted by Krayus Korianis Go to original post
    After I got out of the treasure fleet mission and took command of the Jackdaw to go to an island for supplies... I was able to make the crew sing. But as I've stated, they don't sing under certain conditions.
    Hmmm well I'm well last that, I'm on sequance 4. Guess I am glitches then. That's a shame. I'll report a fault I guess.