AC Puzzles have become too easy

The puzzles in AC games used to be challenging, particularly the subject 16 ones.

These days, when anyone who is stuck on a puzzle can just load up a spoiler site on their phone to help them out, there is no excuse for easy puzzles. You can't say that you might drive away customers if the puzzles are too easy, and there are plenty of people who ARE attracted to difficult puzzles.

Yet, the puzzles in AC4 are so easy, it's just insulting. During one puzzle, the difficulty the characters in-game are having figuring it out is so unbelievable that their conversation made me feel like I was playing a Dora the Explorer game, not Assassin's Creed.

"This block is RED. Can YOU see where the red block goes?"

Rather than complex puzzles that provide additional information each step of the way, like we had in previous games, we have... a frogger hacking minigame. Yay?

This is just really, really unsatisfying. Please put in some real puzzles in the future.

Since when have the puzzles ever been hard the Subject 16 puzzles were easy to me and always has been and I'm 14 (played Subject 16 puzzles when I was 9-10) without looking them up

By the way not everybody thinks that the puzzles are easy so yeah

Pretty sure those sites existed in 2009.

And those puzzles were pretty fing easy brah

Agree completely. If you are gonna make puzzles as easy as in AC4, it's better to just leave them out. One sort of general issue with AC is that they want everyone to consume all content. Therefor they make puzzles designed for people who don't enjoy puzzles, combat for people who don't like combat and so on. Problem is that people who actually enjoy these activities get bored very quickly.

Originally Posted by Sushiglutton Go to original post
    Agree completely. If you are gonna make puzzles as easy as in AC4, it's better to just leave them out. One sort of general issue with AC is that they want everyone to consume all content. Therefor they make puzzles designed for people who don't enjoy puzzles, combat for people who don't like combat and so on. Problem is that people who actually enjoy these activities get bored very quickly.
    You've got this forum figured out to a T, sir. Applause!

Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    You've got this forum figured out to a T, sir. Applause!
    Have no ide what that means, but tnx

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    what about the mayan stones "puzzles"?! (IMO a) wasted opportunity, story and gameplay wise...

And who's to say that there aren't people who actually enjoy all of it like me, the puzzles are mainly just part of the story, it's not like RE2 where if you didn't know about it you could spend hours trying to find out how to advance the story (atleast i did)

The thing I miss is the puzzles to get objects like keys to unlock armor. It wasn't just sail here, spin a thing around until it lines up and then hop down and press a button and it's done. I remember actually having to explore underground or through a building or church.