PS4 game flickering graphics

Just finished killzone and BF4 and finally moved onto Assassin's creed but i've noticed whenever i move just about everything flickers. The trees, the plants, the walls of anything in the distance. Not sure what's up i've tried going through every setting my tv has and the only thing that helps slightly is if i drop sharpness from the usual 70 to 0. This reduces the flicker by quite a bit but doesn't remove it completely.

Chipworm's Avatar Junior Member
    I have the same issue. The problem goes away if I set my ps4 to display at 720p while I play AC.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Odd, mines fine. Try deleting the install/game data and install it again

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi All,

'Flickering' can be related to the TV's settings - I personally found that if I had my TV's sharpness too high [it was 40] - then it can over sharpen the detail - normally leaves on trees, so I reduced it to the base line which is 25 on my TV - and it went away - some Presets on TVs - add in sharpness, so try manually altering the setting.

If you TVs sharpness range is 0 to 50 - 25 means it's 'off' - any less than 25 adds in blur - any more adds in artificial sharpness if its any other range - try setting it to the middle of the range.

If you still have issues after adjusting the image settings on the TV - please do contact support

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Mines on 65 but I used a calibrator disc...

It all depends on your TV really, get some images off the net or even better get "Disney World of Wonders". Its a blu ray calibrator disc, I use it and its amazing.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Also some picture processing effects can affect images too - so if you have a 'Game Mode' - best to use that if you do not want to alter all of the settings.

Mr_Shade,

Your spot on. I was seeing the same thing on the Xbox One version as well. By default my Samsung 46 inch was set to 50% sharpen, when I dropped it down to 0... The flicker pretty much went away, at least the major eye-jarring sections like foliage, roofing, nets, any textures that are close enough where AA would be suspect. There are some noticeable areas where it's still is visible. But at least it's at a the point where the game is actually playable, since I'm a bit more sensitive to flicker that hearken's back to the old CRT days. The game will look a little softer, by I'll take that over flicker any day.

A lot of smart/modern TV's have blur filters and other post processing effects which will also cause some interesting results. I played around with all the settings and got the game in a pleasant state overall. It might be worth making a sticky about flicker and having players check their TV settings. That's not exactly a step that an every day gamer would think to check. My TV is an older 60 Hz model, so I can't speak for the 120 and 240 Hz TV's out there.

Tech_Droid

according the the email i got, UBISOFT is working on the issue i hope it's true

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for reporting this issue. This is a known issue that the development team has identified. There is a planned resolution in a future update.At the current time, there are no official details or release date pertaining to the update but when it becomes available, there will be details on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm experiencing the same problem, it's most notable on foliage as you said, which I found also becomes a little over-saturated when adjusting the camera. I wouldn't attribute the issue to settings, my tv's brand new and calibrated correctly, I'm not running into such issues with other games I have on the PS4, and the PS3 version of Black Flag runs just fine on it.

Originally Posted by theredguy39 Go to original post
    according the the email i got, UBISOFT is working on the issue i hope it's true

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for reporting this issue. This is a known issue that the development team has identified. There is a planned resolution in a future update.At the current time, there are no official details or release date pertaining to the update but when it becomes available, there will be details on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).
    I know the message mentions that the team are aware of the issue, but it sounds like an automated response. I've seen a very similarly worded message before.

you might be right be cause the last email i got was saying that it's my TV fault and i should contact the manufacturer but i insisted that my TV was not at fault and i got that message. if that's the case cause we are a minority therefore don't care i will not be purchasing any ubisoft titles in the future.