Five towers QQ

well, I am not really sure how to put together all I have to say, so it will be a bit clunky.

I dont really understand Ubi thought process. 20 like 300 - 800 elo players complaining that stone shield, altar of shadows, puppet master, (put almost any spell/fortune here) is imbalanced, impossible to win against, not fun to play against, (put any common excuse for not being able to put effective deck together), they are politely and with great patience being corrected, given clues to improve by 2-3 1500-1600 elo guys. Effect: Ubi keeps nerfing directly or indirectly cards people crying about. Why would they do that? Biggest advantage DoC had over others card games was its complexity and diversity - one could play fortunes only, spells fortunes, creatures only - whatever you wanted, as long as it made any sense. Now, with every expansions, all options not inluding creatures are more and more limited. If they want catter to casual players then it is waste of time, as almost all of them will be playing heartstone anyway. But this is a great way of pushing away players which actually like some challenge.

Now about Five towers expansion:

Who on earth decided, that this hero (which I still believe is broken by itself):

http://tools.mmdocking.com/images/ca...er_Inf_006.jpg

(closely followed by Adar-Malik and Sandalphon)

should have acces to dispell (price of the void)??

Now for non earth magic heroes, when they stall, one of the biggest threats are direct damage cards, like pao, shredders, stampede, altar of destruction. What do we do?? Lets do "War tent" because paos and shredders are almost unplayable right now.

But we got some spells to balance things: Wither - to be honest to balance things up it should be global ongoing spell, otherwise we got another unplayable card.

Not sure where this game is going (as i am not sure if there is any way to reverse Dhamira + dispell combo), but it seems that you can soon be able to change the name to duel of fatties, or simply: sumo

QQing ended for now.

wow we are QQing about a set that isnt even out yet? :facepalm:

Have you just said they should just let about 50-60% of current playerbase go over to Hearthstone cause that's "inevitable" and be happy with something like 10% which is the hardcore fanbase? You really think Ubi would be happy doing that?

So, let me get this straight. First you are saying that Ubisoft is terrible because they listen to bad players whining about something. And then you continue to whine yourself about stuff? The irony.

Originally Posted by mriClipse Go to original post
    So, let me get this straight. First you are saying that Ubisoft is terrible because they listen to bad players whining about something. And then you continue to whine yourself about stuff? The irony.
    He clearly puts himself in the 300-800 elo QQer bracket.

Oh come on, it won't be that op.
    Really.

With that said, I'll run two of those bad boys in mah Dhamiria deck. Plus a Garant's Purge to get rid of any dispel my opponent has, as I gotta get to 3 destiny anyway.
    But seriously, before release we can never know what the meta will bring.

Originally Posted by Razyda Go to original post
    But we got some spells to balance things: Wither - to be honest to balance things up it should be global ongoing spell, otherwise we got another unplayable card.
    Ignoring everything else for a moment... wut? Global -x/-x permanent based on your magic stat?

The last group of players they should cater to are the 1500 ELO players. Those players already either spent the cash they are going to on the game or have played enough to not need to spend cash on it. The 500-1000 ELO players are really their bread and butter players for income. Those that want to get better and still need a lot of cards to get there.

Vengyre's Avatar Senior Member
    1500 players are competetive players, and any game should be balanced around competetive level.

Originally Posted by Vengyre Go to original post
    1500 players are competetive players, and any game should be balanced around competetive level.
    It depends on the goal of the game designer. A game like say SC2 where you buy the package and then compete and they hope to monetize the tournaments in some way I agree with you completely. A free to play game trying to make its money by getting people to purchase things they need is a bit different. The same reason that LoL isn't strictly balanced around the top players either and why it is consider by many to be a dumbed down MOBA game. If this game is going to survive it is going to be by making the more casual player happy so they are willing to spend money to get to high ELO.

So yeah if a card is obnoxious and driving people away yet 1500 ELO players figure ways around it, it does make some sense to change it still.