Sharks CONSISTENTLY Change Direction the Second You Throw a Harpoon......Cheap Tricks

I find hunting the sharks the most difficult of all. Those sneaky little dumps always shift their direction the exact instant you throw your harpoon. Almost like the game was programmed to recognize when the player pulls the trigger, for the animal to move completely in the other direction, causing a miss. Even with all the frustration, I have yet to fail a single hunt. Everything I've gone after harpoonwise I have managed to kill. The white whale was the hardest for me the first time. Even with fully upgraded harpoons, I missed a lot my first shots and the damage seemed minimal. The absolute hardest to hunt, besides the great white and their trigger direction changing, the Humpback whale I think is the hardest. For the fact that it blends in with the water so well, it is very difficult to see where it is. EDIT: Okay, so my complaint was only about the Great White. The Bull Shark is easy. I had no problem hitting any other harpoon target. For me it's the Great White that is the hardest. Except when he's about to attack your boat. Just aim straight down at the bubbles and jam a harpoon down his throat. Takes away A LOT of his health.

xCHEMISTx's Avatar Member
    The white whales were about the only ones I have had difficulty with but I'm 100% in harpooning now so even they are easy now. Your right about the humpbacks being hard to see and the sharks dodging your spears though. I usually stop to catch most fish now because they are good source of cash and crafting items.

AngryRaisin's Avatar Member
    The trick with the humpbacks is their bubbles give away where they are about to come up. It's a bit subtle but definitely there—a circle of bubbly/slightly foamy water.

Originally Posted by Yoshack Fyre84 Go to original post
    Even with all the frustration, I have yet to fail a single hunt. Everything I've gone after harpoonwise I have managed to kill.
    Then why the hell are you *****ing and complaining? It is supposed to be difficult. You are supposed to learn over time their movements and plan your shots accordingly.

For me it's mostly an Orca at night :P
    shark's....yeah I'll miss a spear or 2 but not too bad. the whales aren't too bad. Can take hit's but I don't find them necessarily as hard as Great white's

RoBg03's Avatar Member
    Its supposed to be varying degrees of difficulty. and if you haven't failed one, than whats the problem? personally i thought the white whales were very easy, they're big, slow and easy to spot. the great whte and killer whale were the hardest, as they move alot. if its night time, the killer and the humpback are hardest because of the darkness.

Originally Posted by RoBg03 Go to original post
    Personally i thought the white whales were very easy, they're big, slow and easy to spot.
    Yea they just kept breaking my boat with their tail early on before I upgraded it

RoBg03's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by xCHEMISTx Go to original post
    Yea they just kept breaking my boat with their tail early on before I upgraded it
    I thought this was gonna be a problem so i upgraded first, figureing i'd need all the armor i could get. but the first time i killed one, i don't think it hit me once! i thought it would be slapping my boat with his tail, and breaching and landing on me...but it mostly just plods along. when it does jump up next to the boat, they give you plenty of warning so i knew when to hit him. i think the closest i came to dieing during harpooning was a killer whale, because they charge you.

the first time i killed one, i don't think it hit me once! i thought it would be slapping my boat with his tail, and breaching and landing on me...but it mostly just plods along. when it does jump up next to the boat, they give you plenty of warning so i knew when to hit him.
    Yea that's the trick. Just hit them with a harpoon when they are going to flip their tail next to your boat and they won't hit you. Took me a few whale boats to figure that out

the great white and killer whale were the hardest, as they move a lot. if its night time, the killer and the humpback are hardest because of the darkness.
    Thank you!