I'm just voicing my opinion here so......

Be kind Anyway..., I'm currently on seq. 6 an just finished the first memory with the diving bell. An while the underwater segments are cool an beautiful, those had to be the stupidest parts in the game so far, period. I mean you have no armor, no indicator as to where the hazzards are coming from other than either a red or yellow "bubble" letting you know when/if an attack will happen (mostly when) an swimming fast is out of the question almost. The swimming controls are a joke. Please..., I'm beggin as a big fan of all AC's "Please leave that out in AC5" . I will get down off my soapbox an return you to your regular forum

Rogue Agent 035

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    I loved the underwater segments.

You dont like them cause you get no armor? I don't get it.

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Turn on Eagle vision in the water with a lot of hazards around. Scary 'nuff? Just wait till you go to the underwater location called "The Blue Hole".

You don't get to put on anything, because that would tire out Edward if he were to wear heavy gear.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    I loved the underwater segments.

You dont like them cause you get no armor? I don't get it.

By no means... gosh no, let me rephrase..., I am enjoying the underwater stuff, BUT...., there are problems. Especially when you have assassins contract (only 2) an they offer you more for staying out of combat, yet they basically tie your hands by taking away really the only item that keeps you out of combat. I've went through every contract where "Staying out of combat" was an option an got the bonus just by hitting them with a berserker dart an having a red kill them for me essentially keeping my hands clean. Then I get to the underwater contracts (only done 1 underwater so far) only to learn that..., "Oh btw..., we won't give any help, but we will give you a bonus for taking out the target with basically a loud weapon (sword which almost always requires open combat) an guards swarming the place. Outside of that..., I felt that certain areas were too dark an the swimming controls seemed clunky. Outside of those items I just described.,..., I love AC4, an yes...., will stick with the underwater section till complete as I'm a freak when I'm so close to 100% only to see that those sections were standing in my way

Rogue Agent 035

I don't like them. I only went there to get the upgrade plans...NEVER AGAIN. Sharks are scary ._.

AngryRaisin's Avatar Member
    They take some getting used to, just like any video game. Think back to your first experiences with AC—did you love everything at first or did it seem too hard and frustrating but then you figured out strategies and techniques so it became fun?

Kagurra's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah... they're just basically collectable hunts. The sharks are scary, but then as soon as one actually bites you, you're like "Oh, that only did like 20% damage. Who cares?" and you stop being scared. Especially when the air barrels refill health.

The sharks in Far Cry 3 where a lot scarier when you went underwater to get something. That game actually made me shriek a few times. Once while looking for a Tapir. It was a funny story actually. I was talking to one of my friends in party chat about how I haven't seen any crocodiles yet, and then the Tapir I was chasing dissapears and I hear a big spash, so I turn around and there's a river. I go near to see what happened and the croc jumped on me... aaand I screamed.

Landruner's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Rogue Agent 035 Go to original post
    Be kind Anyway..., I'm currently on seq. 6 an just finished the first memory with the diving bell. An while the underwater segments are cool an beautiful, those had to be the stupidest parts in the game so far, period. I mean you have no armor, no indicator as to where the hazzards are coming from other than either a red or yellow "bubble" letting you know when/if an attack will happen (mostly when) an swimming fast is out of the question almost. The swimming controls are a joke. Please..., I'm beggin as a big fan of all AC's "Please leave that out in AC5" . I will get down off my soapbox an return you to your regular forum
    Rogue Agent 035
    Lol...Soapbox...may be they could improve it instead of removing it - I personally liked those underwater segment, they were claustrophobic and actually very well done - I know underwater control was loose sometime and not always easier to maneuver, but this is underwater after all.

I hate to sound lame... but I'd like the underwater stuff even more... if there was a reason to revisit diving spots. For example if I could "hunt" there, for sea creatures or pearls which I could then sell to merchants. OR if they would have "diving reefs" where it was a large area full of small caves and life and what not, instead of just these one time through mazes. OR if each diving zone lead to a smuggler cave as I previously assumed and the smuggler chests reset every now and then. It would make farming them a bit more worthwhile.

xCHEMISTx's Avatar Member
    At least they gave us an option it dive underwater it would of been silly to have all this beautiful Caribbean turquoise water and no place to dive underwater in it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►