AvK KiNgKoBrA's Avatar Senior Member

Is Anyone Else Excited for Aveline on Console?

I kno ii am, I've been a fan of AC since ii first played AC2 an now I have played all of them to near 100% completion. When ii saw that they were making Liberation ii was pretty bummed out since it was pivitol to the AC storyline but was only available on Vita an ii didnt have one nor did ii intend on getting one.

So im really excited for when they release Liberation in Janurary, anyone else?

I am definitely looking forward to it!

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    We all are.

Rugterwyper32's Avatar Senior Member
    I definitely am. Undoubtedly planning to get it.

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    >February
    What? Did it get delayed? Wasn't it supposed to be coming out on the 14th of January?

And yes, I'm looking forward to it, especially since I don't own a Vita and thus haven't played it before.

I bought a Vita just for Liberation so can't say I'm thrilled. If the Vita version were being updated to include the new stuff, maybe I would. So far, seems those that got the Vita version just bought a beta test for the console/PC release of the same game. If I want the new version, I have to buy the game a second time which is rather unfair. I spent $300 just to buy the game the first time and now I have to spend another $40 or whatever the price ends up being just to get the final version? I'm terrible at console games and yet I went out and bought a Vita to play Liberation. This just reminds me of movie studios who release multiple versions of the same movie over a period of time hoping people buy more than one version. I.E. Star Wars or Avatar. It'd be one thing if the Vita were outdated and Liberation was relevant again to the main story via a plot twist, but Liberation just came out a year ago and the Vita is still very relevant due to PS4 connectivity.

Spoiler:  Show
    Liberation wasn't pivotal at all to the main story outside of the Eve plot which was hardly covered at all. It's mentioned once at the end. Yeah, big plot point. You can ignore the game entirely and not miss anything ... unless Eve's suddenly going to become rather important in the next few main games which somehow I doubt. Aveline's DLC in AC4 didn't mean anything, either. Maybe the new version will make the game more relevant but the story overall was confusing. You can argue the Erudito plot was the point, but how relevant is it really? It's not in the main series so is the re-release of Liberation meant to mean Erudito will be stepping up in the future? Or is Aiden Pierce (not sure how his name's spelled) in Watch_Dogs really Erudito? Seems a bit convenient to release Watch_Dogs and re-release Liberation around the same time. But that's still not relevant to the main AC plot. That's a potential Watch_Dogs plot.

I can usually remember most characters by the end of an AC game, but by the time Liberation ended, the only one I could really remember (besides Aveline) was Gerard. Everyone else was so bland or just thrown in. I remember some drunk captain Aveline screws over a few times and she eventually hires. I remember her back stabbing step-mother. I remember her deadbeat mother. I remember her rather dimwitted father. I also remember her rather confusing mentor and the two smugglers she met in the bayou. As for names? Forget it. I only remember them if I actually go look them up on the wiki.

Due to the apparent editing by Abstergo forcing you to kill Citizen E for the real story, the story was rather confusing to follow. I've honestly forgotten the entire point to the game. Something about a Company Man who turns out to be Aveline's step-mother and Templars chasing a disc in Mexico. Beyond that, what was the point?

Then the mini-games I found irritating. The ball game was frustrating and putting the Vita up to a light to find a hidden symbol on the map was nearly as bad. Obviously those will change in the console/PC version, but it doesn't change how irritating they were.

Also have to say, I did not like the costume system. Having to run back to a dressing room on a regular basis got annoying. Got to the point where I just said screw it and ran around in the same outfit the entire time outside of parts where I had to change my outfit due to story requirements. The one I hated the most was the Lady. Took forever for her to run around town only to have rapists/robbers (whatever they were) hiding around a corner attack me just as I get to where I'm going. You'd think that same group would attack the Slave, too. Who'd notice a slave was missing? Someone would notice a high ranking lady was missing. You hardly use the Assassin unless you purposefully return to the dressing room on a regular basis to change into it. Seems you spend more time as a slave, or maybe that was just me saying screw you to the costume system. If there were an option in the menu to change outfits on the fly with limitations like no changing when in combat or during a quest, it probably wouldn't be so annoying. The costume system just reminds me too much of Superman. How dense are people to not realize Clark Kent is Superman? Just throw on some glasses and it's a different guy. How dense are people to not notice Slave Aveline is Lady Aveline is Assassin Aveline? She changes her hat and clothes. She can't change her face. Either New Orleans is really dumb or no one looks her in the face so wouldn't even recognize her if she ran through the streets stark naked. You'd think people would recognize her voice at least. New Orleans didn't have that many people living in it for people to not be aware of which slave belongs to which owner, which woman is who's wife/daughter/sister, etc. Aveline was the daughter of a rich guy in New Orleans and the step-daughter of the Templar Grand Master. Surely she was known in higher circles so the higher ups would certainly recognize her regardless of her outfit and their servants would also recognize her in the same situation.

Having 3 different notoriety systems was also confusing and a pain to keep up with. I'd rather have one unified system or at least an avenue where I can wipe all 3 at once rather than one at a time.

I am curious to know what they changed in the game to see if the story makes more sense, but I already own the game so I have no intention on paying twice for the same game even if a few minor edits occurred to make it flow better. I'm also curious if the alternate Connor sequence will be included in the new version regardless if you have AC3 (or what version of it you do own) or if it'll be removed. I have the PC version of AC3 so missed out on that.

Isn't is 20 USD, not 40?

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by guardian_titan Go to original post
    I bought a Vita just for Liberation so can't say I'm thrilled. If the Vita version were being updated to include the new stuff, maybe I would. So far, seems those that got the Vita version just bought a beta test for the console/PC release of the same game. If I want the new version, I have to buy the game a second time which is rather unfair. I spent $300 just to buy the game the first time and now I have to spend another $40 or whatever the price ends up being just to get the final version? I'm terrible at console games and yet I went out and bought a Vita to play Liberation. This just reminds me of movie studios who release multiple versions of the same movie over a period of time hoping people buy more than one version. I.E. Star Wars or Avatar. It'd be one thing if the Vita were outdated and Liberation was relevant again to the main story via a plot twist, but Liberation just came out a year ago and the Vita is still very relevant due to PS4 connectivity.

Liberation wasn't pivotal at all to the main story outside of the Eve plot which was hardly covered at all. It's mentioned once at the end. Yeah, big plot point. You can ignore the game entirely and not miss anything ... unless Eve's suddenly going to become rather important in the next few main games which somehow I doubt. Aveline's DLC in AC4 didn't mean anything, either. Maybe the new version will make the game more relevant but the story overall was confusing. You can argue the Erudito plot was the point, but how relevant is it really? It's not in the main series so is the re-release of Liberation meant to mean Erudito will be stepping up in the future? Or is Aiden Pierce (not sure how his name's spelled) in Watch_Dogs really Erudito? Seems a bit convenient to release Watch_Dogs and re-release Liberation around the same time. But that's still not relevant to the main AC plot. That's a potential Watch_Dogs plot.

I can usually remember most characters by the end of an AC game, but by the time Liberation ended, the only one I could really remember (besides Aveline) was Gerard. Everyone else was so bland or just thrown in. I remember some drunk captain Aveline screws over a few times and she eventually hires. I remember her back stabbing step-mother. I remember her deadbeat mother. I remember her rather dimwitted father. I also remember her rather confusing mentor and the two smugglers she met in the bayou. As for names? Forget it. I only remember them if I actually go look them up on the wiki.

Due to the apparent editing by Abstergo forcing you to kill Citizen E for the real story, the story was rather confusing to follow. I've honestly forgotten the entire point to the game. Something about a Company Man who turns out to be Aveline's step-mother and Templars chasing a disc in Mexico. Beyond that, what was the point?

Then the mini-games I found irritating. The ball game was frustrating and putting the Vita up to a light to find a hidden symbol on the map was nearly as bad. Obviously those will change in the console/PC version, but it doesn't change how irritating they were.

Also have to say, I did not like the costume system. Having to run back to a dressing room on a regular basis got annoying. Got to the point where I just said screw it and ran around in the same outfit the entire time outside of parts where I had to change my outfit due to story requirements. The one I hated the most was the Lady. Took forever for her to run around town only to have rapists/robbers (whatever they were) hiding around a corner attack me just as I get to where I'm going. You'd think that same group would attack the Slave, too. Who'd notice a slave was missing? Someone would notice a high ranking lady was missing. You hardly use the Assassin unless you purposefully return to the dressing room on a regular basis to change into it. Seems you spend more time as a slave, or maybe that was just me saying screw you to the costume system. If there were an option in the menu to change outfits on the fly with limitations like no changing when in combat or during a quest, it probably wouldn't be so annoying. The costume system just reminds me too much of Superman. How dense are people to not realize Clark Kent is Superman? Just throw on some glasses and it's a different guy. How dense are people to not notice Slave Aveline is Lady Aveline is Assassin Aveline? She changes her hat and clothes. She can't change her face. Either New Orleans is really dumb or no one looks her in the face so wouldn't even recognize her if she ran through the streets stark naked. You'd think people would recognize her voice at least. New Orleans didn't have that many people living in it for people to not be aware of which slave belongs to which owner, which woman is who's wife/daughter/sister, etc. Aveline was the daughter of a rich guy in New Orleans and the step-daughter of the Templar Grand Master. Surely she was known in higher circles so the higher ups would certainly recognize her regardless of her outfit and their servants would also recognize her in the same situation.

Having 3 different notoriety systems was also confusing and a pain to keep up with. I'd rather have one unified system or at least an avenue where I can wipe all 3 at once rather than one at a time.

I am curious to know what they changed in the game to see if the story makes more sense, but I already own the game so I have no intention on paying twice for the same game even if a few minor edits occurred to make it flow better. I'm also curious if the alternate Connor sequence will be included in the new version regardless if you have AC3 (or what version of it you do own) or if it'll be removed. I have the PC version of AC3 so missed out on that.
    The Vita version has a slow fps. I think this HD version was a middle finger to the VITA Liberation players.

If Ubisoft release a physical copy and I'm in.

If it's still digital only, I'll pass.

Landruner's Avatar Senior Member
    I am too and looking for it, I am looking forward to playing an Assassin Girl for once......