Made the following reply on another thread, but also found this one on my Google search, so here's the answer:

I know it's been a while since this was asked, but I've been looking for an answer myself... Finally figured it out on my own!
    Pretty simple, but really stupid that we have to do this manually and that there's no option in the game for this.
    Step 1: Goto your Documents folder
    Step 2: Goto its subfolder called Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    Step 3: Open Assassin4.ini (might want to make a backup copy...)
    Step 4: Find all categories that are joystick-related. (by category, I mean anything like [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB] or [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB DefaultBindings])
    Step 5: Change ALL non -1 entries to 0 (except VendorID and ProductID)
    Step 6: Save and exit the ini
    Step 7: Start AC4BF and enjoy game controller-free pillaging!

Thanks to iRacing for having editable ini files and giving me the idea to look for one with AC4BF...
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by battlewithin Go to original post
    Made the following reply on another thread, but also found this one on my Google search, so here's the answer:

I know it's been a while since this was asked, but I've been looking for an answer myself... Finally figured it out on my own!
    Pretty simple, but really stupid that we have to do this manually and that there's no option in the game for this.
    Step 1: Goto your Documents folder
    Step 2: Goto its subfolder called Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    Step 3: Open Assassin4.ini (might want to make a backup copy...)
    Step 4: Find all categories that are joystick-related. (by category, I mean anything like [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB] or [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB DefaultBindings])
    Step 5: Change ALL non -1 entries to 0 (except VendorID and ProductID)
    Step 6: Save and exit the ini
    Step 7: Start AC4BF and enjoy game controller-free pillaging!

Thanks to iRacing for having editable ini files and giving me the idea to look for one with AC4BF...

I cannot believe this doesn't have more replies and thanks, so here's one:

THANK YOU battlewithin! I've scoured the internet and couldn't find a working solution at all, until I stumbled onto your comment. I followed your advice, and it works perfectly now

So, thank you again. I really hope your contribution gets more attention, seems like it's the only fix that actually works.
     1 people found this helpful