I've been looking around at different IL2 sites and I see that some people are actually making new models for IL2. There are 4 aircraft I'd love to see as addons for Forgotten Battles, SPADXIII, FOKKERVII, Mig-15 and F-86 sabre.

I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to make and it would really give the game a boost. I got flying the biplanes in Forgotten Battles and had a blast. Is anyone attempting to make any of these? if not I'd like to have a go at, bit I need some info on the proccess, does anyone know where I can find out how to do this?
    Thanx

I've been looking around at different IL2 sites and I see that some people are actually making new models for IL2. There are 4 aircraft I'd love to see as addons for Forgotten Battles, SPADXIII, FOKKERVII, Mig-15 and F-86 sabre.

I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to make and it would really give the game a boost. I got flying the biplanes in Forgotten Battles and had a blast. Is anyone attempting to make any of these? if not I'd like to have a go at, bit I need some info on the proccess, does anyone know where I can find out how to do this?
    Thanx

http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcfo...conf=DCConfID1

Has a good primer, but your must understand this is a very long and dedicated process. This isn't something you can pick up in learn and complete in a month. Most models in development by experienced modelers have taken over six months, some a year. Its is far too late to learn, finish, and submit a model for POSSIBLE inclusion to Maddox Games for IL2FB although PF still holds hope.

The F-86, and MiG-15 have no chance for inclusion as they are not part of the time period of WW2. Same goes for the first too if they where out of service before WW2.

This game is not like CFS where you can just drop a model in. All new aircraft have to go thru Maddox Games and must hold up to a very strict guidline and quality.

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    Yes, as cragger said, its a long process to learn and a long process to model.

Plus the cost of the software to model these planes is mind blowing. I'm not sure the exact cost but maybe a modeler could post and let ya know

S!

Hutch

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
    Badges!? We don't needs no stinkin' badges!

3ds Max6 costs about â£3,260.95... (I doubt that many people on Netwings are actually aware of that)
    It can take motnhs before you know how to make something with that reaches professional standards, but if you want to give Max a go why not download Gmax? http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

You can get the student version for $300.. however. You CANNOT sell anything under this license for profit or give it to a third party without full license that will sell it for profit. The legalities of this can be tricky, but for example if you produced a model with the student license then submitted it to Maddox and they where able to put it in a patch it would be legal as the patch is free. However, if it where put in a payware addon they would have to have licensing (which they do). For you to optain a payment for work done in a addon they would have to get your extended licensing which is costly for a single model.

I've dled gmax and am playing with it a bit. It's interesting, and the tutorials I have gone through so far have been pretty cool!!

I would say I need just probably another 2 years of learning before I could even hope of doing something to the quality required for games in 2 years time, hehe.

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Executive Officer, 69th GIAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland