Hey Oleg!!! If you did a WWI sim you could load it full of giant Russian goodies! Think PE-8 meets the Red Baron here... Wouldn't one of these be nice to fly about in!?!

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.
    Head FS-WWI Project Leader

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Hey Oleg!!! If you did a WWI sim you could load it full of giant Russian goodies! Think PE-8 meets the Red Baron here... Wouldn't one of these be nice to fly about in!?!

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    tasty plane, what is it?

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

The aircraft is the Il'ya Murometz heavy bomber, a military modification of Sikorskiy's "Le Grand" passenger aircraft which was the largest aircraft in existence at the time, and also became the first ever heavy bomber. Somewhere around 70-80 of these behemoths were produced during WWI, and they equipped the world's first heavy bomber squadron: the EVK Squadron.

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Komandir Eskadrilya, 69th GShAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    those tanks, are they for fuel?:\

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

Dunno. Prolly.

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Komandir Eskadrilya, 69th GShAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland

Just to confirm it is a Il'ya Murometz V type. And yes those things on the top front fuselage are fuel tanks.

"Go Fly A Kite!"
    -Jason R.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    after bob and the med, hopefully oleg considers a wwi addon. They said 1c is liscensed to 5 sims

aep
    aep2? "bombers expansion? maybe"
    PF
    PFEP? "addon aircraft pack probally"
    bob
    some addons for bob maybe.

wwi seems to make the most sense for the FB/PF engine, it would make cpt haddock alot of doe too

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    I fully agree. And I think enthusiasts would eat it up. Dogfighting in its finest.

The major problem is the FM issues of a WWI flight sim, very little test data available on even the most abundant aircraft. Anecdotal evidence does't really cut it.

And oh the joys of using a blip switch as a throttle in the camel and such. I can hear the whining now.

Not to say that I didn't love RB though.

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril." (III.31) Sun Tzu