Some clues from the "dev chat #3"

Ok, this endless torment has ended with the grave understanding that everything is even worse, than it seemed at first.
    I'll try to be concise this time, as i realy don't have much desire to exercise my wit at the moment.

The main idea:

"There will be no major changes. None. Period"
    Basically they have finished the frame of the game, embodied it's major principals.
    So no new ideas will be implemented, only modification of what we are having now. It will remain "move-move-fight-move-move-fight-etc railroad experience". Very poor count of choice driven situations. Yes, this is how devs regard RPG gaming process in 2014. For me it is more arcade with rpg elements.

Current stage, Early Access, is not about new ideas, it is not about sharing concepts and asking to implement those or these features, you bet it was. It is plain and simple bug fixing and a little bit of "numbers tweaking" (balancing). The worst thing is that dev team really think that what they are having right now is sufficient enough for the game, and that their goal at this point is to adjust the flow of what they are having right now, not to change it in any way.

Even more discouraging is the fact, that, as i was answered, Ubisoft has their own testing staff, so they are also testing the game, and will be testing it to the very end, unlike users of Early Access, who will only be limited to ACT I. Basically this mixed with solidifying the concept renders our feedback mostly irrelevant. We are like little monkeys in circus, dancing on a one-wheel bicycle, supposing we do something important.

So that is it.

Uhm about modding kit, which i'm not interested about, but just to let you know. The price is justified by the fact that "it is not a modding kit, it is a dev kit, an actual software they are using to create the game". No other free applications will be available for modding the game.

So, i'm out of here, i thought i could contribute smth to the game developing process, concept, ideas, but it turned out it has already been set in stone, and not going to be changed. And i don't want to waste time on giving mechanical bug-fixing feedback, especially if Ubisoft has its special team assigned for this kind of purpose.

Nothing to do here for me anymore, well, thank god, i found this out today, not tomorrow. Never would fall for Early Access bull.h.t again.

p.s.: the grid killed the game by the way, super standard gameplay process is justified by grid movement, they simply bet everything on the grid, thinking that it will be their joker, make their game distinct among others, and simply forgot about everything else, but this is an RPG, well at least it supposed to be, movement system alone doesn't define an rpg game, by far.

Is a transcript of the chat available already?

Originally Posted by LegacyForTheWin Go to original post
    No. I think the OP took part in the live chat. I was away for the evening. I checked on RPG Watch, RPG Codex and the Steam forums, where it sometimes pops up, but noone has it yet. I'm guessing the developers put it up on the blog tommorow.

I logged the entire thing:

#mmxdev:
    http://hastebin.com/vofowukaka.xml

#mmxfeedback:
    http://hastebin.com/jonupolumu.xml

EDIT: I created a separate thread for it as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...3-Complete-Log

Originally Posted by forgottenl Go to original post
    No. I think the OP took part in the live chat. I was away for the evening. I checked on RPG Watch, RPG Codex and the Steam forums, where it sometimes pops up, but noone has it yet. I'm guessing the developers put it up on the blog tommorow.
    I posted it on the Codex this morning?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...4#post-2969059

Originally Posted by evpkol Go to original post
    p.s.: the grid killed the game by the way, super standard gameplay process is justified by grid movement, they simply bet everything on the grid, thinking that it will be their joker, make their game distinct among others, and simply forgot about everything else, but this is an RPG, well at least it supposed to be, movement system alone doesn't define an rpg game, by far.
    Naaaah, the grid has nothing to do with most of game's problems. You can do awesome stuff with grid. See: Wizardry, M&M, Legend of Grimrock, etc. But!
    1) Ashan (no additional comments required)
    2) Low variativity
    3) Combat focus combined with unremarkable combat mechanics
    4) Unimpressive visuals which seem to remain the same
    These four things DO kill the game. At least two of them MUST be seriously reworked for the game to be able to work IMO.
    Plus modding kit which will be basically available only in pirated form.

Well, I have to congratulate Ubisoft: they've successfully stolen my money. Twice. No, thrice: HoMMVI, MMX, HoMMVI addon. I will no longer be fooled. No more. Ubisoft killed M&M and I will ignore any further products under this franchise.

Originally Posted by narupley Go to original post
    I posted it on the Codex this morning?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...4#post-2969059
    Thank you.

Wow, after having read through the answers I must say... I am underwhelmed. Very.
    No more spells, no changes to the game mechanics, no workaround for the modding, no massive speed up of the walking, no more content before release, no paperdolls (not even in DLC!! wtf?), etc.

I hate to say it, but evpkol was right with his judgement. Our input, our ideas, our effort... all a waste of time.

Have to agree.

At least it was a very, very poor expectation management of LE! They could have made it clear early on that its all about nasty bug fixing and not at all about innovative ideas or game changing feedback.
    For me it started with enthusiasm and now ends in complete disappointment.

Naaaah, the grid has nothing to do with most of game's problems.
    Yes it does. It plays the crucial role in this great downfall.
    For some reason the whole thing about grid occupied developers minds so much, they thought: "Yes grid is the defining feature, to hell with big world, to hell with player/world interraction, to hell with complex character development, to hell with choice driven situations, to hell with paperdolls, to hell with any other innovative ideas and novelties, we don't need them, WE HAVE GRID".

So generally it is: "To hell with a lot of elements which make an RPG game an actual RPG in favor of GRID."
    All their work is concentrated around the grid, their main efforts are dedicated to improving grid-playing experience, they don't have even a slightest intention of looking in any other direction.

This is what i meant when told that "Grid killed the game".
    If you won't get it this time, put so plain and simple...well i don't know then.

coltrek's Avatar Member
    Thank you.

Wow, after having read through the answers I must say... I am underwhelmed. Very.
    No more spells, no changes to the game mechanics, no workaround for the modding, no massive speed up of the walking, no more content before release, no paperdolls (not even in DLC!! wtf?), etc.

I hate to say it, but evpkol was right with his judgement. Our input, our ideas, our effort... all a waste of time.
    This is only November and haven't they read our bugs that we reported and changed it in the patch and as for the movement and loading time, that's take a lot programming time and skills to iron out.
    Have patient