PC texture rendering distance

Hello

First of all I want to say that this game runs definitely more stable than AC3 but I seem to have this weird issue (with every ubisoft game engine actually). The draw distance is kind of messed up. Especially in towns people, vegetation on the walls and shadows seem to render VERY close. Sometimes when you sprint, the townspeople render just in front of you. I anted to know if there is any .ini adjustments that need to be done?

I have a AMD 7870 with the latest beta drivers (which 13.11 beta 9.2). The frame rate is quite stable when you enable triple buffering with RadeonPro but the rendering is messed up in the town Havana. The jungle area's seem to be ok. Any advice would be helpful

IDefectedI's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Zurvan7 Go to original post
    Hello

First of all I want to say that this game runs definitely more stable than AC3 but I seem to have this weird issue (with every ubisoft game engine actually). The draw distance is kind of messed up. Especially in towns people, vegetation on the walls and shadows seem to render VERY close. Sometimes when you sprint, the townspeople render just in front of you. I anted to know if there is any .ini adjustments that need to be done?

I have a AMD 7870 with the latest beta drivers (which 13.11 beta 9.2). The frame rate is quite stable when you enable triple buffering with RadeonPro but the rendering is messed up in the town Havana. The jungle area's seem to be ok. Any advice would be helpful
    I was about to say the same thing... It's truly annoying~ the amount of assassin's creed 4 textures/NPC fading in all around you is frustrating. Truly ruins all immersion.

Yeah and the thing is that it only affects the towns. Don't know what went wrong there but I would like to hear if there is some kind of solution

This is thing specific to anvil engine, it exists since the first ac and ubisoft is not giving slider to set draw distance like you can do this for example in gta games.

The lowest draw distance had ac2 which was awfully terrible.

Thats interesting, I have been playing AC3 and so far there have not been any texture issues. In fact the game has been very stable.

I don't have texture problems but sometimes I see NPC materializing right in front of me in towns.

@warp2125 I'm talking about AC4, AC3 had the same issue but it was less noticible

@ Gind That is EXACTLY what I mean Texture is really sharp and beautiful in this game the only problem is that town folks pop in right in front of you when you sprint. It's like the npc, vegitation textures can't keep up lol

I feel you man. I have an rtx 2080 ti, and i see no reason why this has to happen. I honestly dont think that it would have any trouble loading the textures 10 times the distance. The worst of all is when you are 3 metres away from a human and his eyes and nose dissapear, it looks weird as f.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Gaming_Jacker Go to original post
    I feel you man. I have an rtx 2080 ti, and i see no reason why this has to happen. I honestly dont think that it would have any trouble loading the textures 10 times the distance. The worst of all is when you are 3 metres away from a human and his eyes and nose dissapear, it looks weird as f.
    Hey there,

Since this is quite a old post, please reach out to our Support Team if you need assistance.