🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE FFS

I lost 5 bloody hours of game play today + 4-5 hours of game play yesterday, total = 10 fXXking hours of game play lost
    and until now no fXXking single announcement regarding this issue from UBISOLF?!
    I paid you my money and you give me a broke product, very well done UBISOLF!

GIVE MY BACK ALL MY UPGRADS, UNLOCK AND SHIX UBISOLF or
    YOU CAN GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY

I lost 7 hours of gameplay too yesterday. After reading up many similar complains, I 'm really disappointed with Ubisoft not even putting up an announcement regarding this issue or any sort of response. Including the terrible experience from AC3, my trust in original games from Ubisoft has gone down the drain. Whats the point of getting an original, when I'm better off playing the pirated version.

ZZenwolff's Avatar Junior Member
    Just lost 10 hours plus myself, And to think I was playing This to get away from the bug ridden crashing x-rebirth. Doesnt anyone in the gaming industry test anything anymore ???

Same by me. many hours for nothing. what a *****

Why can't ubi make a traditional savegame.. **** cloud. Nobody need cloud saving by a singleplayer game. ???!!!!! The great result of this **** you can read here.
    BTW what should I do, when I have to reinstall the game? All gone ?

For a open world sand box game,

this kind of bugs is unforgivable,

I don't think you guys @ UBI tech support team can restore my all my progress, my saves, my loots, my upgrades, my 10 fxxking hours of time,

all you can give me is a fxxking technical support ticket. I have to find my own fxxking way to continue the game,

like keep the bloodly Uplay offline and disable the cloud save thing.

The game itself is pretty well done, my cup of tea, but this random saves lost bug ruined the whole thing.

Andrea11/25/2013 8:09:43 PM
    I am sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover lost data. We’ve reported the issue to the development team for further investigation. I suggest you disable the cloud sync using the steps below: 1. Start by launching the Uplay PC client (Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> Uplay) 2. Click the settings button in the top right corner 3. Uncheck "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games." That way, you can just use your local saves moving forward. I also recommend that you use a third party game save manager in case the issue reoccurs. I personally use GameSave Manager. You can find it here: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ We apologize for the issue and appreciate your patience while our teams continue to investigate.

11/25/2013 5:18:52 AM
    This issue continues to happen, whether or not Cloud Save is enabled, and whether or not Uplay is in offline mode or not. It's been Three Days since I reported on this issue, with no response. Looking through the Forums I can see it is a common problem, and one that is Game Breaking at that. When will this issue be resolved, and what is causing it?

11/22/2013 3:38:18 AM
    When I logged out of AC4 this morning around 2am EST, I was on Nassau and had just completed the mission to recruit crew members for the Jackdaw to fill it out the roster. When I logged on tonight around 9pm EST, my mission progress was listed at 9% and it loaded me into Havana, with storyline missions still needing to be completed. My question is, what happened to my saved game data, and how do I get it back?
    Here's the ticket I submitted to Ubisoft Support, and their answer back. Kinda telling that their own support team would suggest using a Third Party game save manager...

Really not impressed by this, I guarantee I will not be pre-ordering anymore games by Ubisoft, and likely will buy them used from now on.

yep did like 10 hours of gaming , came back to my game it was at 28% an now its at 9% I mean aren't you supposed to progress forward not backward in games like this. talk about a major joke

Originally Posted by Lupus Regalis Go to original post
    Here's the ticket I submitted to Ubisoft Support, and their answer back. Kinda telling that their own support team would suggest using a Third Party game save manager...

Really not impressed by this, I guarantee I will not be pre-ordering anymore games by Ubisoft, and likely will buy them used from now on.
    What they are trying to tell you to do is completely useless.
    I lost another 5 hours of progress today EVEN AFTER I TURNED OFF THE CLOUD SYNC + UPLAY OFFLINE,

so dear UBISOFT, should I just throw this game to the rubbish bin?

I had this problem but then I portforwarded:

Game Ports:
    TCP: 80, 443 (HTTP and HTTPS)
    UDP: 3658, 3074 (These should be the client/server/p2p

And my game save worked. I only tried 1 mission after doing this though so I'm yet to see how an extended play period will work out with ports forwarded.

I don't think port forwarding will do any good since even offline mode doesn't solve the problem, the issue doesn't lie in the connection to Ubisoft servers but within the executables/install.

Well, that's my opinion.