AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working

I bought Assassin's Creed IV on Steam but have never actually played it. I launch it, uplay comes up and allows me to click the PLAY button. I click PLAY, a black screen comes up, then I get an error message that says, "AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working." I close out of that and am back at uplay again. That's all I can do.

I completely removed AC4 and uplay, re-downloaded it all again which took a while, ran it, and get the exact same error.

If you're looking for my dxdiag, please refer to open Ubisoft support ticket 00778314, which was for Assassin's Creed II not working on my computer. Nothing has changed. The answer you gave me for Assassin's Creed II was to reinstall Windows 8 or go back to Windows 7 because you don't support Assassin's Creed II on Windows 8. There are many people on the Steam forums with this issue, so I can't believe that we all need to reinstall our OS.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by netrace32 Go to original post
    I bought Assassin's Creed IV on Steam but have never actually played it. I launch it, uplay comes up and allows me to click the PLAY button. I click PLAY, a black screen comes up, then I get an error message that says, "AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working." I close out of that and am back at uplay again. That's all I can do.

I completely removed AC4 and uplay, re-downloaded it all again which took a while, ran it, and get the exact same error.

If you're looking for my dxdiag, please refer to open Ubisoft support ticket 00778314, which was for Assassin's Creed II not working on my computer. Nothing has changed. The answer you gave me for Assassin's Creed II was to reinstall Windows 8 or go back to Windows 7 because you don't support Assassin's Creed II on Windows 8. There are many people on the Steam forums with this issue, so I can't believe that we all need to reinstall our OS.

the same thing has happend to me. I want a solution. my pc is fine, why will my game not work. i have just spen 40£ on this game and deserve an answer or some help please !!!
     2 people found this helpful

I have a similar problem, It would take 5 minutes to start up, I got through the first 5 minutes of the game, but when the 2nd cinematic starts, it crashes.
     1 people found this helpful

The same thing has happened to me. My computer has at least 100 GBs of space left, 16 GBs of RAM, i7 quad core 2.7 GHz processor, and a, Nvidia GeForce GT 650M. I should have no problem running the game. Please help!!!
     1 people found this helpful

same problem here crashes every time. Cannot play this game yet
     2 people found this helpful

About to try this...
    http://www.gurufixes.com/index/assas...d-working.html
    Ill check it for viruses, try it, and then get back...

Seems legit

Well, was it legit? Did it work?

Didn't work for me, no viruses, though

I found this in the event viewer

Faulting application name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5285f99f
    Faulting module name: nvapi.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5280d848
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x190cc2c0
    Faulting process id: 0x1ff8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cee5a56f441e83
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
    Faulting module path: nvapi.dll
    Report Id: b15d7dab-5198-11e3-8475-b8ca3ad628b6

Anyone know what this means?