Originally Posted by Fiztan2 Go to original post
    You can try other ways to convert RUS locked version to multi

Edit the language.lang with hexadecimal editor and change:
    position 4 put 03
    position 6 -> 1F
    position 7 -> FF
    position 8 -> 1C
    position c -> 2C

You only have to do it once, the game will always start as multi, single o multiplayer.

You will be able to change the menu, subtitules and audio language.
    Do you have a solution for Unity? Theese numbers don'r work there (game won't start).

Wow Ubisoft...You did it again.What i horrible company you`ve become.
    I Bought PC to play AC Unity and now you won`t even offer me choise to BUY the game, becaus of the Russian lock.
    I guess it`s no more money from me for Ubi. Only way to play English versyon is Torrent Version. Good Job Ubi

Originally Posted by Fiztan2 Go to original post
    You can try other ways to convert RUS locked version to multi

Edit the language.lang with hexadecimal editor and change:
    position 4 put 03
    position 6 -> 1F
    position 7 -> FF
    position 8 -> 1C
    position c -> 2C

You only have to do it once, the game will always start as multi, single o multiplayer.

You will be able to change the menu, subtitules and audio language.
    I did that and many languages appeared in menu, but there wasn't English language

Guys, which files should I replace in order to have English in game?

Solved it

Originally Posted by DartFly Go to original post
    Is there any 'official' way to use it?
    Most of CIS players hate russian localization, so why do you force them to use it? I have purchased game full game on uplay not steam (because of ridiculous pricing system and region locks included) but it seems that steam allow to select english, and uplay still have region lock and do not allow me to select another language.

Sorry, but it's not fare.
    I love most of your games, but if you will continue same politics that threat users as ***t - most people will still be using 'not official' game sources, because it's more easy and more convenient.

So back to first question - is there any way to enable english sound? As I see game downloaded all languages, but it's locked somewhere.
    I know this thread is OLD but I have solve the issue with the non English lang and wording

For the wording find the lang file in the ac4 bf file (copy it to a new file so you don't lose the original) open it with notepad delete whats written inside and copy it with this
    p L M N O P % % % % % !% "% #% $% %% &% '%) (%3 )%6 *%< +%C ,%L -%W .%c /%l 0%w 1%| 2%€ 3%… 4%‹ 5%’ 6% 7%Ÿ 8% 9% :%* ;% <% =% >% ?% @% A% B% C% D% E% F% G% H% I% J% K%
    L% M% N% O%# P%( Q%- R%2 S%8 T%? U%F V%M W%T t@[ u@b v@• w@› x@ y@ z@ {@ |@ }@ ~@ @ €@ @ ‚@ ƒ@+ „@/ …@: †@C ‡@J ˆ@O ‰@U Š@] ‹@d Œ@i @m Ž@~ @‘ @ ‘@ ’@ “@ ”@G •@U –@p —@ ˜@ ™@ š@ ›@ œ@( @J ž@ Ÿ@ *@ @ @' . defaultdefault1001005(empty)Untitled WebpageAll Files$1 File (.$2)PressCloseMinimizeMaximizeRestoreScroll to HereLeft EdgeRight EdgeTopBottomPage UpPage DownScroll LeftScroll RightScroll UpScroll Down&UndoCu&t&Copy&Paste&DeleteSelect &allOKCancelCloseEscTabInsHomeDelEndPgUpPgDwnLe ft ArrowRight ArrowUp ArrowDown ArrowEnterF1F11BackspaceCtrl+$1Alt+$1Shift+$1$1 B$1 kB$1 MB$1 GB$1 TB$1 PB$1 B/s$1 kB/s$1 MB/s$1 GB/s$1 TB/s$1 PB/sDetailsThis is a searchable index. Enter search keywords: SubmitSubmitResetChoose FileChoose FilesNo file chosenDrag file here$1 filesNo recent searchesRecent SearchesClear Recent Searches%s%d—%dHTML contentlinklist markerimage mapheadingpressselectactivateuncheckcheckjump2048 (High Grade)1024 (Medium Grade)Please select one or more files.Invalid value.Please enter a comma separated list of email addresses.Value must be greater than or equal to $1.Value must be less than or equal to $1.Invalid value.Please fill out this field.Please check this box if you want to proceed.Please select a file.Please select one of these options.Please select an item in the list.Please enter an email address.Please enter a URL.Please match the requested format.Please shorten this text to $2 characters or less (you are currently using $1 characters).This document is password protected. Please enter a password.Loading...Loading document: %d/%d pages...Failed to load PDF documentLoading save ot

and then find a English pack in a old game and transfer it over I did all of this and it worked is it doesn't work then open the game then do the above

Found solution for Russian version of the game:

1 Download English sound file sounds_eng.pck https://drive.google.com/file/d/153Y...ew?usp=sharing
    2 Put it in \sounddata\PC_DX11
    3 Delete sounds_rus.pck in \sounddata\PC_DX11
    4 Delete localization.lang in root game folder