Agree with ranger being weak they need a buff to their damage or something along the lines of an armor piecring shot or something.

Agree Rangers need to be able to use their bows at melee range form the start. At the moment Rangers do not seem to be hitting much harder than others with bows or corssbows. Mercany, Freemage, Barbarian, and defender I found to be fine.

Good summary. I have tried elves in my parties and they just annoy me. Their barks are lame too. The Druid can GM Mysticism, Prime, Earth and Water Magic, which is better than the Shaman. However, I think the Runepriest will be my second spell caster once they release that class. Also, I think the Paladin/Crusader will have GM in Sword and Dual Wield, which will be nice. The Orc Barbarian and Human Freemage are the best classes right now. I am not a big fan of hybrid classes in general. I like two good skull crackers in my party and two strong mages to do massive ranged damage with their spells. Also, Magical Focus is a good skill for the spellcasters.

Originally Posted by DreamWarden33 Go to original post
    Good summary. I have tried elves in my parties and they just annoy me. Their barks are lame too. The Druid can GM Mysticism, Prime, Earth and Water Magic, which is better than the Shaman. However, I think the Runepriest will be my second spell caster once they release that class. Also, I think the Paladin/Crusader will have GM in Sword and Dual Wield, which will be nice. The Orc Barbarian and Human Freemage are the best classes right now. I am not a big fan of hybrid classes in general. I like two good skull crackers in my party and two strong mages to do massive ranged damage with their spells. Also, Magical Focus is a good skill for the spellcasters.
    Looks like the Runepriest is going to be popular. Runepriest can GM Earth, Light and Fire, and master Primordial. Earth and Fire are currently the two most essential schools of magic, so a Runepriest may actually challenge the Freemage for the spellcaster slot.

Currently, the Crusader does not learn Dual Wield or even Two Handed at all. He does Master shields, and GMs swords, heavy armor, light and arcane discipline. As per usual tradition, the crusader/paladin is a defensive bastion who can heal.

How do you know such things ?

It's in your game files. It's an excel file - can't remember exactly where or its name as I saved it somewhere else to make notes and I renamed it.

Note that the classes haven't been released yet, and thus have not been balanced yet and are very much a work in progress. (i.e. no point critiquing something that hasn't even been released yet) Which is why I haven't talked about the unreleased classes in this class balance thread even though I know what they're like.

Originally Posted by mrbunnyban Go to original post
    they get an inordinate amount of starting support skills by virtue of being human.
    You might want to add that since we're now only getting 2 skill points a level instead of 3, that masisve human bonus is rapidly becoming even more overpowered than it might have been before. Levelling faster but getting less skill points feels like less (because one of those points were takena way). I haven't looked at te maths of how much xp is required to level as opposed to how much it was pre patch. It might be that we're actually getting skill points at about the same rate as before (but with more ability points to make the characters feel more powerful). Personally I would have preferred more skill points, less ability points myself since many items have harsh skill requirements.