Is there any way to request songs outside of Facebook?

Because I'm not ever joining Facebook or other social networking sites. There used to be a nice little request link. What was wrong with that?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    No.

No matter what we try here, it gets "abused".

So the simple thing is you can post about any band/song/music you like in the General Discussion forum. Just leave any wording out that is a dlc request or that you want it in the game.

I think by posting one likes something, it stands to reason that one would like it in the game.

This seems to work to keep the vast number of MOAR WHATEVER threads down.

Oh,yeah, we don't like huge lists either. Try to post videos or comments, so we know you really care. Not just copy some list of bands from somewhere.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    From what I understand, you don't actually have to join FB to use the DLC request app.

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    You don't have to join Facebook to post in the request app.

Carl

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    don't bother with requests, the lawyers will tell Ubi what songs are available, I don't think our opinions would make one iota of difference.

The bands we all want are not releasing their songs so don't bother, yes, you know the ones hehe

If Metallica,Beatles,Pink Floyd ,Led Zepellin,Black Sabbath were making their stuff available,don't you think Ubisoft would have released them by now?

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    ...If Metallica,Beatles,Pink Floyd ,Led Zepellin,Black Sabbath were making their stuff available,don't you think Ubisoft would have released them by now?
    I'm not sure I'm onboard with your logic. I think the math is prohibiting them from releasing it, they just don't think they'd make money. I'm sure the coveted "legends" will sell their music for the right price, problem is the "right" price is too much for Ubi to spend. Sure, there are a few exceptions to my theory, but I think most of them could be had if Ubi was willing to open the wallet a bit further.

I believe that thinking Ubi would purchase and release these bands at whatever price is required is just as nave as thinking these bands absolutely will not release the rights, even for the right price.

Indeed you do not need a FB account to use the DLC app, my bad. Course I know I can request Black Sabbath tracks till I'm blue in the face, but it likely won't help. I'd probably pay the nearly the price of the game itself for 4-6 song Sabbath pack.. just sayin.

Originally Posted by VarriusTX Go to original post
    I'm not sure I'm onboard with your logic. I think the math is prohibiting them from releasing it, they just don't think they'd make money. I'm sure the coveted "legends" will sell their music for the right price, problem is the "right" price is too much for Ubi to spend. Sure, there are a few exceptions to my theory, but I think most of them could be had if Ubi was willing to open the wallet a bit further.

I believe that thinking Ubi would purchase and release these bands at whatever price is required is just as nave as thinking these bands absolutely will not release the rights, even for the right price.
    I think you're correct that a major deciding facitor is if potential buys are going to make enough money to justify the licensing fee. I am sure that some of these pop-punk bands come relatively cheap and an artist like that Dylan that is already in the game is a pretty easy sell. One thing Ubisoft could do better is promote in game artists better. Get some exposure for legends that already have content ie: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, sell the heck out of their stuff so when you go to a crown jewel like Metallica you have numbers of buys, continuous sales and numbers for things like the average RS14 player who buys a song pack purchase is x times more likely to buy the artist's albums, merchandise, signature instrument, etc.

I like the Scorpions. just sayin'....

I do not know anything about the music business but I Imagine that there is also a lot of red tape and lawyers and ownership of music problems. I watched a interview where Paul McCartney stated he could not perform some of his own songs because the rights belonged to someone else. I watch a show last night about the Dave Clark 5 and they stated that he was almost the only band leader who had owner ship of his bands songs even after the band retired. So even if a song writer wants his work on worksmith it may not be his choice?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►