rupok2's Avatar Member

So basically they will milk the series and never give it a proper conclusion?

I see how it is now. They will milk the series until it cannot be milked anymore and then throw it aside. Thats what they basically said in reddit. If thats how its gonna be then I am done with this series. I have been a huge fan since the first 2 games with the epic intros and endings and immersed myself in the conspiracy filled wonderful storyline of the modern day. templars and assassins Now the writer himself says they don't even care about that storyline anymore. I mean I kind of expected this but didn't think they would straight up say that they don't care about the fans, and they care about milking the franchise for money. Thankfully with the past few games being meh its not that hard to say my goodbyes. Ill cancel that preorder of ac4 on steam too.

Inb4 "go ahead and leave" and "we don't care"

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    Sadly, this seems to be the case. Those of us who actually had an interest in the ongoing modern narrative were always a minority. People just wanted to frolic around in the past settings only, so now Ubisoft is giving it to them. That's probably why Desmond's story ended the way it did in the first place, after throwing aside what Subject 16 was doing entirely. In that regard, I really miss what AC used to be.
    I'll still be getting AC IV, though, since it looks like a really fun game, but unless Ubisoft can keep on delivering something of that level with each release, I'll probably stay away from AC in the future.

EDIT: Oh, and they do care about the fans, as in the fans who are ready to annually throw in money. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that, since Ubisoft is a commercial company selling a product, not a charity. It's the ruining of a good series in the process of that is what I find hard to agree with.

HiddenKiller612's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok.

You only just realized that they're milking the series? lol

There's still going to be a present day story but it will be less plot driven. Basically they've realized that a plot can't go on forever and at some point people will need a resolution. By making it less plot driven they can extend the life of the story and the life of the series.

rupok2's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MIA SILENT Go to original post
    You only just realized that they're milking the series? lol

There's still going to be a present day story but it will be less plot driven. Basically they've realized that a plot can't go on forever and at some point people will need a resolution. By making it less plot driven they can extend the life of the story and the life of the series.
    I knew they were milking the series but I didn't think they would completely just throw out the modern day plot. Thats what makes the games interesting, the assassin and templar fights and plot. Otherwise the stories in ac can be replaced with any other cliche storyline. I wondered why the modern day stuff suffered so much after revelations and ac3 and now I know why, they don't care about it and will destroy it so they can keep milking it. Many games and other series build a world, finish a plotline and then create spinoffs. The AC world has enough to do that but they are too lazy to do it. They should just drop the name Assassins creed because it seems like the series has already lost much of the connection to the creed. It is becoming more and more soulless and its very apparent with AC4. Many people tell me that while the games mechanics are still from old ac games the story has severed most of its ties to the Creed.

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    You can't always live by the creed, this is something that I thought Edward did get away from. He's sort of helping the assassins indirectly while seeking what he wants. They're not milking the series to the extent where it's become permanently damaged. With Desmond dying, it allowed more things to be put in, and there's always more than meets the eye. I always find something very special within all the AC games I played, and I still keep all of my AC games.

xx-pyro's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes that's exactly what Darby said. *dripping sarcasm*

Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    You can't always live by the creed, this is something that I thought Edward did get away from. He's sort of helping the assassins indirectly while seeking what he wants. They're not milking the series to the extent where it's become permanently damaged. With Desmond dying, it allowed more things to be put in, and there's always more than meets the eye. I always find something very special within all the AC games I played, and I still keep all of my AC games.
    I think a lot of people would like an Assassin with a more direct and personal relationship to the Creed. We haven't really had this since AC1. I do like Edward though.

While the series is being milked, Ubisoft do manage to make the yearly releases top quality and really enjoyable. Thinking about it, I've bought every major AC game on the day of release. I can't say that for anything else!

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MIA SILENT Go to original post
    I think a lot of people would like an Assassin with a more direct and personal relationship to the Creed. We haven't really had this since AC1. I do like Edward though.

While the series is being milked, Ubisoft do manage to make the yearly releases top quality and really enjoyable. Thinking about it, I've bought every major AC game on the day of release. I can't say that for anything else!
    AC, ACB, ACR, and ACIII, showed relationships with the creed much more. Altair & Ezio lived by the creed. Connor was drawn to it, but during his time the Creed was severely weakened. In my view, living by the creed only brings sorrow, and that is clearly seen in the previous AC games. I was pretty glad that Edward isn't.

Ubisoft has yet to fail to impress, and although many people dislike ACR, it was second to ACII for me. I have yet to complete ACIV, but the story is already getting more interesting,

Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by rupok2 Go to original post
    I see how it is now. They will milk the series until it cannot be milked anymore and then throw it aside. Thats what they basically said in reddit. If thats how its gonna be then I am done with this series. I have been a huge fan since the first 2 games with the epic intros and endings and immersed myself in the conspiracy filled wonderful storyline of the modern day. templars and assassins Now the writer himself says they don't even care about that storyline anymore. I mean I kind of expected this but didn't think they would straight up say that they don't care about the fans, and they care about milking the franchise for money. Thankfully with the past few games being meh its not that hard to say my goodbyes. Ill cancel that preorder of ac4 on steam too.

Inb4 "go ahead and leave" and "we don't care"
    I kind of felt that way since Brotherhood. XD

Now in theory, they should be able to do both by ending individual parts of the story and then moving on to other locations/characters, even different points in the modern day timeline. It's possible that they will, but for now it does seem like the goal is to drag things out, which I think is unnecessary. I don't think they have anything to fear from moving on to other parts of the AC world.

Many games and other series build a world, finish a plotline and then create spinoffs. The AC world has enough to do that but they are too lazy to do it.
    Yes, exactly.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last ►►