🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    DeanOMiite's Avatar Senior Member

Counters to bodyguard

I'm really frustrated so far by the effectiveness of bodyguard. Even when I see it activated or hear the audio cue that it's been activated, I can't stop it. Like, I KNOW it's there, but there's nothing I can do about it! I don't feel like I should have to smoke it or knife it to get around it (especially cuz that reveals me to a target, who no doubt only activated BG because they heard my whispers). Does wipe prevent a bodyguard from coming after you if it's already been activated? Does the bodyguard seek you out if the target locks you like it did in ACR?

Just looking for some help on BG. Anybody have any luck so far?

I miss the old days where you could just stun the body guard if you caught onto it now I don't see what you can do other then run or use an ability.

I've been wondering this. Is there a limit to the range of the Bodyguard?

Tysodie's Avatar Member
    Haven't encountered people using bodyguard at all so I can't really relate to the frustration your experiencing. Personally I am using bodyguard as a suitable replacement for the now unreliable knives, and it's working rather well. I don't believe wipe cancels it out once it's already been activated, haven't see anyone try that at all so I can't be 100% sure. Your target locking you does indeed make the bodyguard beeline straight for you. The only effective counter that I've seen people use is to simply just run at their target and get the kill before they're stunned, otherwise they run away from the bodyguard and come back, of course they've exposed themselves doing that.

Another counter that does work is to run up a wall and hang off a ledge/stand on a roof where the Bodyguard cannot reach, although that also may expose you depending on wether or not your target can see you.

Originally Posted by bomb3005 Go to original post
    I've been wondering this. Is there a limit to the range of the Bodyguard?
    I believe the range by a blind use is 12 meters but if you lock its range is limitless and it will walk/run the whole distance though it is timed and will run out if it doesn't reach in time.

I bet animus shield would prevent it as well but...then there's a big freakin shield on you!

I don't think Animus shield does. I heard you could use Bodyguard on a Bodyguard but that sounds untrue. In AC3, I used Decoy so my target would use Bodyguard to stun it, when a Bodyguard stuns a civilian the Bodyguard ends and the civilian disappears, maybe try making your target lock a civilian.

In AC4, you get 100 points if your Bodyguard stuns someone.

Has anyone tried to counter your target's bodyguard with your own bodyguard? I doubt it is possible, but it would be really cool!

Originally Posted by SquirrelInDaSky Go to original post
    Has anyone tried to counter your target's bodyguard with your own bodyguard? I doubt it is possible, but it would be really cool!
    Before this thread I hadn't heard anything like that, but I doubt it would work, since your bodyguard would be looking for your pursuer and not your target. Unless of course you locked the bodyguard first? I hope this works, it would be hilarious to watch two bodyguards kill each other!

Bodyguard counts as a civilian, Bodyguards can stun civilians. It might work but you'd have to find out where the Bodyguard is to use Bodyguard on it. Again I'm not 100% sure it works.