🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-Valentin's Avatar Community Manager

[What's new?] #5 - Perks

NEW PERK: FAST RECOVERY
    Using an ability just before dying can give the feeling of wasting it. With this perk, the cooldown of this just-lost ability can be boosted.

Parameters:
    • Reduces by 50% the cooldown of the ability used just before dying.

NEW PERK: SURVIVAL
    We wanted to provide a tool to players that are vulnerable after suffering a stun or a civilian kill, so that they can avoid being killed or stunned.

Parameter:
    • Survival makes the player almost invisible for 10 seconds when vulnerable.

NEW PERK: TRUE GRIT
    We wanted to provide a tool for players to act against the score reduction when being contested.

Update:
    • True grit ignores the score divider due to a Contested Kill.

SIXTH SENSE
    This perk is great to make players more aware of their pursuer’s approach. We think it’s also a great tool to introduce the Line of Sight mechanic to new players, while it will stay a useful tool for advanced players.

Update:
    • Sixth Sense now reveals the presence of notorious targets out of your screen.

COPYCAT
    Copycat is an interesting tool to scout, know and copy the set of your opponents, giving the player access to abilities or perks he may not have unlocked yet.

But this strength can be weakened by abilities already under cooldown, and loses a big part of its interest as soon as the player has unlocked the abilities he wants to use.

So in order to keep the perk interesting for high level players, we added a boost to Copycat.

Update:
    • Copycat reduces by 50% the cooldown of abilities previously used and still under cooldown.

HOT PURSUIT
    Hot Pursuit appeared as more conditional and less noticeable than what we expected, so we gave it a boost.

Update:
    • The speed bonus, when running after a Target, has been increased to 15% (from 5%).
    • The reduction of the approach meter decrease has been improved to 30% (from 20%).

RESISTANCE
    We noticed that when playing in team modes, Resistance partially unbalanced the game in favor of the Pursuers team, so we reduced its efficiency.

Update:
    • Resistance bonus has been reduced to 3 seconds (from 5 seconds).

RESILIENCE
    Resilience was not as effective as intended, we boosted it for AC4.
    Resilience also covers the new abilities, and the tweaks done on existing ones.

Update:
    • Smoke Bomb duration is reduced by 25% (from 15%).
    • Firecrackers duration is reduced by 30% (from 25%).
    • Wipe duration is reduced by 35% (from 20%).
    • Tripwire Bomb duration is reduced by 25% (from 20%).
    • Time Phase duration is reduced by 30% (new).
    • Knife duration is reduced by 25% (untouched).
    • Disruption duration is reduced by 35% (from 25%).
    • Sabotage duration is reduced by 30% (new).

OVERALL COOLDOWN
    AC3 revealed that Overall Cooldown was the most used perk by high level players. It also revealed it was often combined with abilities crafted reduce cooldowns to their maximum.
    Even if we think it is a valid strategy, we rebalanced Overall Cooldown to open the game to more viable strategies.

Update:
    • Overall Cooldown now reduces ability cooldowns by 8% (instead of fixed 10 seconds).

KILL BUFFER
    We adapted Kill Buffer to the changes done on the Streak and Bonus System (more details on Streaks topic).

Update:
    • Kill Buffer reduces the current Streak counter by 1 point when dying, instead of resetting it.

SENTRY
    Update:
    • Duration bonus increased to 5 seconds (from 3 seconds).

BLENDER
    No major change.

UNSTOPPABLE
    No major change.

Don't know if it's just me, but Blender seems to take longer to take effect.

Ubi-Valentin's Avatar Community Manager
    @bomb3005: We’re investigating this, but it’s not intended

Originally Posted by Ubi-Valentin Go to original post
    OVERALL COOLDOWN

Update:
    • Overall Cooldown now reduces ability cooldowns by 8% (instead of fixed 10 seconds).
    8% out of what? The abilitys max cd or abilitys crafted CD?

-Crafted CD makes sense, but you never know

Originally Posted by Ubi-Valentin Go to original post
    KILL BUFFER
    We adapted Kill Buffer to the changes done on the Streak and Bonus System (more details on Streaks topic).

Update:
    • Kill Buffer reduces the current Streak counter by 1 point when dying, instead of resetting it.
    What about when you get stunned?

What's the exact time you have to die in, after using an ability for fast recovery to work?

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    No more than a second. Dont expect (like I did LOL) to abuse it in MH by throwing a smoke bomb, stun a pursuer or two and then respawn with a half-cd smoke.

It may be more than a second though. Normally if I fail at a knife stun or firecrackers lock drop it activates. I was thinking 2-3 seconds myself.

Still can't get why this entry of "True Grit" aka "determined"!
    I can't get why implement a feature and then destroing it with a perk
    we can't even say that the perk is easily replaceable with another perk, is it the OPest in the game with score system based
    Also this perk is messing up with all the approach skills of every player, allowing them to not care about the obviousness of their approach to the target, because no punishment due to the contested
    My advice is not to remove this perk but in fact to change it, make it work only when the multiplier is turned on (exaple during an hidden kill, if you get contested, you dont get any halve of points, instead out of the blend group yes)
    This thing will also improve the combat system in Assassinate, makeing a bad decision perma-chase-lock a target

qubal's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by TEOmeansGOD Go to original post
    Still can't get why this entry of "True Grit" aka "determined"!
    I can't get why implement a feature and then destroing it with a perk
    we can't even say that the perk is easily replaceable with another perk, is it the OPest in the game with score system based
    Also this perk is messing up with all the approach skills of every player, allowing them to not care about the obviousness of their approach to the target, because no punishment due to the contested
    My advice is not to remove this perk but in fact to change it, make it work only when the multiplier is turned on (exaple during an hidden kill, if you get contested, you dont get any halve of points, instead out of the blend group yes)
    This thing will also improve the combat system in Assassinate, makeing a bad decision perma-chase-lock a target
    I know determined can be bad at times but look at this way, in the previous game everyone was on rooftops with guns because they knew they would be contested but thanks to determined we have less OSB just to get 450 points and way less roof runners, you gotta think of the positives man.

Actually I never had problems with roofers or with OSBers, I only had one problem in the previous games, the kill after stun, now they removed it and oplเ here determined comes -.-