A question about ship ammunition

I'm having trouble understanding the mechanics of ship looting in regard to ammunition. When I locate a ship with fire barrels or mortar ammunition and board it, the amount of ammo I have for these weapons doesn't seem to change. I've been boarding ships with the heavy shot for about an hour, and my stock isn't going up. When I do sink ships, I do get the ammo they were carrying. Do you only get the ammo if you sink the ship?

AngryRaisin's Avatar Member
    ??? Sounds a bit odd. If you are boarding ships you are taking them over, right—killing 10 crew and then it asks you what you want to do—either repair the Jackdaw or the second option (blanking on that right now as I have been always repairing). Every time I select Repair the Jackdaw I then get a cutscene of the crew carrying away the goods and then I get a tally of the stuff I obtained such as metal, wood, fire barrels and mortars.

I haven't been getting any tally. I get the cutscene but not the ammo. I can get sugar and rum just fine. Do I need to be at a certain point in the story?

I can't be sure but when you capture a ship you gain what is displayed on the capture screen where you can repair, reduce your reputation or later add to Kenway's Fleet. You may have to upgrade your stores in order to ensure you have a lot of ammo, the only thing I need to replenish most of the time is mortar ammo as smaller ships don't carry it, not sure if the larger ones do.

Originally Posted by EloquentIre Go to original post
    I haven't been getting any tally. I get the cutscene but not the ammo. I can get sugar and rum just fine. Do I need to be at a certain point in the story?
    Ah, yes, if you haven't got to mid-Sequence 3 yet where you get the tutorial about upgrading the Jackdaw and fighting/taking over ships then that would likely be the issue. You need to get through Sequence 4 to get all the fundamental functionalities of the game made available.

You can only carry a limited amount of ammo. Are you sure you aren't at your maximum allowed based on your current upgrades?

^^^^ Good point!!

Originally Posted by fightinTXaggie Go to original post
    You can only carry a limited amount of ammo. Are you sure you aren't at your maximum allowed based on your current upgrades?
    Yes. I'm currently at 18 heavy shot out of 20 and I'm not getting it when I plunder a ship that has heavy shot listed on the spyglass and after I kill the crew. I'm having to sing the whole ship and only get half the ammo as it stands.

Now I'm not getting any ammo or crew from the ships I board. Can anyone please help me with this?

Bump