peasantSufferer's Avatar Banned
    I'll see what i can do, i'm on the naughty-list for leaking "rumors" based on clues and hints on the Fifth Freedom Packaging and some other Media, but i am in touch with Zack and i will make it a Personal Mission to see this looked into, Thanks!

@Limerick_
    Congratulations for making me post for the first time after all this time.

There were 2 patches out saying "active sprint bug fixed" and there were countless threads about this being one of the most game breaking bugs in the PC version, yet as a 847 post "moderator", you were unaware of this. Worse, at the same time, arrogant enough to think like we (including me) were the issue because we didn't have the brains to do a ****ty remap in the options. OP is talking about solving the problem by examining the structure of the savegames using notepad++ and you are still arrogant enough to insist on, "I don't have this because I use sprint button with care, maybe change WSAD to something else, change cover button, toggle hold maybe blablabla". Plus, telling us "how could I know?". REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? Read the forum sometimes? Man, this made me so furious when I wanted to post, but couldn't on my phone yesterday.

You are a glaring example of what's wrong with the UBI support and their mentality in general. Anyways get back to licking UBI *** more, as I have seen you do in countless threads, maybe they'll give a job to you if they still haven't with your fancy computer graphics terminology. At least you can try to stay quite if you don't know **** about this rather than making yourself seem like an idiot.

Don't even try to contact with the dev team about a fix. They already know god damn well that there is this bug but can't do anything more than false patch notes for months. And feel free to ban me if you desire. Well, I am relieved now.

AND TO THE OP;
    If I understood it correctly; "saved games" have the bug rather than the game itself. Then, can't you upload your friend's savegame for us to use? So we can have the pleasure of actually being able to play the game properly, unlike some people that have brains to do some simple keymapping or careful sprint button usage.

KenTWOu's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xfausst92 Go to original post
    AND TO THE OP;
    If I understood it correctly; "saved games" have the bug rather than the game itself. Then, can't upload your friend's savegame maybe? So we can have the pleasure of actually being able to play the game properly, unlike some people that have brains to do some simple keymapping or careful sprint button usage.
    I have a better idea. Thefyrewire, I highly recommend you to make the next thing. Try to convince your friend to back up his savegame file and then set exactly the same mouse/keyboard settings as you have. So we can compare your savegame with his savegame and try to find the difference.

yet as a 847 post "moderator", you were unaware of this...
    Please, don't be so harsh. He became a moderator two weeks ago.

Originally Posted by KenTWOu Go to original post
    I have a better idea. Thefyrewire, I highly recommend you to make the next thing. Try to convince your friend to back up his savegame file and then set exactly the same mouse/keyboard settings as you have. So we can compare your savegame with his savegame and try to find the difference.
    Sounds like a good test case.

OK, guys, I did a little research. I took savegame file of my very good friend (he has Uplay version of Blacklist), and when I started the game using his savegame file I didn't notice two bugs. The first one is the Cover button bug in single player mode, I described above, the second bug is sniper rifle scope/ACOG sight bug I described here. BUT!!! As long as I set my control settings to default settings using 'RESET TO DEFAULT SETTINGS' button, both bugs are back again!

P.S: I'm trying to set the same mouse/keyboard settings in both savegame files and compare them with each other.

@Limerick_
    Congratulations for making me post for the first time after all this time.

There were 2 patches out saying "active sprint bug fixed" and there were countless threads about this being one of the most game breaking bugs in the PC version, yet as a 847 post "moderator", you were unaware of this. Worse, at the same time, arrogant enough to think like we (including me) were the issue because we didn't have the brains to do a ****ty remap in the options. OP is talking about solving the problem by examining the structure of the savegames using notepad++ and you are still arrogant enough to insist on, "I don't have this because I use sprint button with care, maybe change WSAD to something else, change cover button, toggle hold maybe blablabla". Plus, telling us "how could I know?". REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? Read the forum sometimes? Man, this made me so furious when I wanted to post, but couldn't on my phone yesterday.

You are a glaring example of what's wrong with the UBI support and their mentality in general. Anyways get back to licking UBI *** more, as I have seen you do in countless threads, maybe they'll give a job to you if they still haven't with your fancy computer graphics terminology. At least you can try to stay quite if you don't know **** about this rather than making yourself seem like an idiot.

i have just joined the moderation team last monday... i knew there was a bug but as i don't experience the bug, it is impossible for me to know what causes it and why the default key bindings are causing a toggle for Cover+ Active Sprint.

So before you step down off that high horse, because you must, know that i was aware of the bug since the first topics of the problem were posted, i do read the forums, I have a Weekend-Only Real-Life Job, so i have all-the-doo-dah-day to read these forums, and i do.

The OP never posted a notepad breakdown of the code involved until after i was enlightened by KenTWOu... how could i know what caused the problem if i don't have it? that's a pretty simple question... I couldn't. I could be aware that there is a problem, but that would be puzzling to someone who clearly doesn't experience it, and i suggested mapping to a control scheme that i've tested and works. trying to help, because i don't use WASD, never have, never will. But i've played a few games where it was forced on you to play with WASD.

I am not a glaring example of how Ubisoft Support is "wrong", i am a new moderator, not paid staff, in my free time trying to fix things and understand how a bug that obviously is game-breaking could have lasted and still persists.

I don't have to do what you tell me, you don't own me, and i will not ban you for being upset. though i should give you a single infraction worth 1 point out of 10, for insulting me. but i won't, it wouldn't prove or change anything, you don't read the forums enough to know how many DX11 crashes i helped fix, how many "Thank You For Playing" Uplay problems i circumvented, etc. before i applied for a moderator.

Again: I AM NOT PAID BY UBISOFT AND JUST JOINED A WEEK AGO.

Keep it proper or keep it to yourself.

How to fix COVER button and ACOG/scope issues using your savegame file and HEX editor.

1) First of all, back up your savegame files, you can find them in one of the next folders
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[your ciphered uplay login]\91\
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[your ciphered uplay login]\449\

2) Download freeware hex editor XVI32 from here:

3) Open your 1.save save file using hex editor.

4) If you want to fix COVER button issue press Ctrl+F and find the next Hex string CA C8 C9 change it to C8 C9 CA and press Ctrl+S to save your changes.

Here is the screenshot with the wrong bytes [CA C8 C9].

Here is the screenshot with the right bytes [C8 C9 CA].

5) If you want to fix ACOG/scope issue (a.k.a. inability to change NVG/sonar/thermal vision mode while aiming down sight using all types of scopes) press Ctrl+F and find the next Hex string D3 D2 CE CF D0 D1 change it to CE CF D0 D1 D2 D3 and press Ctrl+S to save your changes.

Here is the screenshot with the wrong bytes [D3 D2 CE CF D0 D1].

Here is the screenshot with the right bytes [CE CF D0 D1 D2 D3].

6) Don't try to reset your keyboard settings using 'RESET TO DEFAULT SETTINGS' button, because there is a very high chance that both bugs will return after that.

thefyrewire's Avatar Junior Member
    Sweet! Great work, I'll test this right now.

EDIT:

OK, I don't know who you are, KenTWOu but you are truly amazing. I switched the values as you have shown, and my bug has actually gone away. I'm not encountering this issue any longer. Repeat: it's fixed! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Thanks KenTWOu... Sorry for the misunderstanding, i will try to get this stickied, but creating a "Fix" Topic would be a better idea...

Originally Posted by thefyrewire Go to original post
    OK, I don't know who you are, KenTWOu but you are truly amazing.
    I've just compared two save files. My friend safe file and my friend safe file after I reset it to default settings. Basically it was the right safe file and the wrong safe file, which was affected by my version of the game. By the way, they have more differing parts not only these two.

Originally Posted by Limerick_ Go to original post
    i will try to get this stickied, but creating a "Fix" Topic would be a better idea...
    It's too early, I guess. Let's get some feedback from different sources, I've already posted this workaround on several gaming forums.