🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-Valentin's Avatar Community Manager

[What's new?] #3 - Ranged Weapons

Hello pirates,
    Today we will review the changes made on Ranged Weapon since AC3. Let's see what we have here...

NEW: SABOTAGE
    Countering and Planning are two notions we love and we want to push forward.
    With Sabotage, Players will have a Ranged Weapon dedicated to this type of action.

It will allow you to keep your two ability slots available, or to combine the effect of the Sabotage with other counters.

Once applied, the effect of Sabotage lasts for a few seconds. If a player affected by Sabotage tries to use an ability (or ranged weapon) during this period of time, this ability will be negated and placed under Cooldown for an extended time.

Parameters:
    • Aiming time is instantaneous.
    • The Duration can be crafted to 7.5 / 10 / 12.5 seconds.
    • Counter duration can be crafted to 30 / 40 / 50 seconds.
    • Cooldown can be crafted to 64 / 60.8 / 57.6 seconds.

KNIVES
    There was a bug on AC3 that let players run at a “Knifed” target to stun them, if they walked just a few meters before the confrontation.

At first we tried to just change the timing required for knife-stunning, but if we considered the Knife-Stun as a skill, this aspect of the ability brought some misunderstanding and frustrations.

So we reworked the Weapon and removed the Knife-Stun mechanic. We think the ability is powerful and versatile enough even without this.

Updates:
    • Your Action range will now stay untouched when you are the victim of a Knife.
    • The Duration of the slowing down has been reduced to 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds (from 2.5 / 3.0 / 3.5 seconds).
    • The Severity of the slowing down has been reduced to 90 / 80 / 70 % of player’s speed (from 80 / 75 / 70 %).
    • The Cooldown has been increased to 85 / 80.75 / 76.5 seconds (from 70/ 65 / 55 seconds).

DISRUPTION
    Disruption introduced a new way to play against opponents by almost blinding them for a while. Unfortunately the ability suffered from its Casting Time that made it too hard to use efficiently. For this reason we decided to get rid of the casting delay.

We also reworked Disruption FX to let you play with it as a crafting parameter (without damaging your opponents’ eyes ).

Updates:
    • Casting Time is now instantaneous
    • New crafting parameter: Disturbance intensity. This parameter lets the player intensify the disturbance applied on their opponent’s screen to Light / Medium / Strong.
    • The Cooldown has been reduced to 52 / 49.4 / 46.8 seconds (from 60 / 55 / 50).

POISON DART
    Poison Dart introduced a good alternative to the Pistol for ranged kills, but was too restrictive in its use because of a limited range.

Also, due to the global change we did on the Scoring System, we reviewed the Bonus awarded with Poison Dart.

Updates:
    • Poison Dart bonus is now rewarded with 300 points (from 250 points).
    • The crafting of the Delay has been increased to 8 / 6 / 4 seconds (from 8 / 7 / 6 seconds).
    • The Range has been increased to 15 / 20 / 25 meters (from 12 / 14 / 16 meters).
    • The Cooldown has been updated to 96 / 91.2 / 86.4 seconds (from 100 / 90 / 80 seconds).

PISTOL
    With AC4, we changed the parameters of the Variety Bonus (see our post about Game Modes updates). In AC4, the Pistol does not allow the player to obtain this bonus anymore.

We also merged the old “In Air” and “Execution” bonuses into a unique Bonus - “Executed” (+50 points).

Updates:
    • “In Air” and “Execution” bonuses have been merged into the “Executed” bonus (+50 points).

So tell me how me(and other people!!) are getting knive stuns! I got 10-100 of them already..... it can't just all be because of lag

Don't understand too. I make today about 8 succeful knife's stuns on 10 attempt.

Yeah, funnily enough i don't have problems knife-stunning people even from the front =)

Nice job I think you balanced the abilities to be pretty even, although I'm still getting knife stuns. They aren't as easy, and I don't think it's bad to have them in if they're harder, but they are definitely still here.

DomdudeDaGreat's Avatar Banned

If knife stuns are removed then explain this... it works without lag almost all the time.

Should I assume sabotaged counter duration is the length of cool down should your sabotage works?

Is knife length of duration length of time they can't move? Or is that like. 5 seconds then they can move at 90/80/70% of normal speed after (insert accurate length of tine here please).

Thanks for the invaluable post. And hopeful response from Ubi-Valentin

Originally Posted by Ubi-Valentin Go to original post
    KNIVES
    There was a bug on AC3 that let players run at a “Knifed” target to stun them, if they walked just a few meters before the confrontation.

At first we tried to just change the timing required for knife-stunning, but if we considered the Knife-Stun as a skill, this aspect of the ability brought some misunderstanding and frustrations.
    The ability worked like that in Revelations as well, although you probably never played the multiplayer more then a few times, if at all (I dont blame you, a head developer officially stated "We make the game, we dont play it").

Another UBI developer even made a guide on how knive stuns worked, and how to do them, in AC3.

-Comments?

Also, even though I doubt any of you will reply, you never do, Im still gonna ask another question.

-Why do you remove / nerf all the defencive abilities? At this point people can just run at us (no chase) and kill us. Do you even realize how much you have changed the game to the worse?
    Dont bring up the point that "they can, but they wont score as much and thus lose" That is irrelevant for most players, they realize they wont win and just run around ruening the fun for others.

-How can we possibly have a competitive game if we cant defend ourselves. If you nerf knives we are basically left with 2 options: Die, or run and die a few sek later.

In before questions are: Not answered or answered by someone that havent really played the multiplayer that much.

Exactly !!!!! Amen !!!!
    Originally Posted by casualcreed Go to original post
    the ability worked like that in revelations as well, although you probably never played the multiplayer more then a few times, if at all (i dont blame you, a head developer officially stated "we make the game, we dont play it").

Another ubi developer even made a guide on how knive stuns worked, and how to do them, in ac3.

-comments?

Also, even though i doubt any of you will reply, you never do, im still gonna ask another question.

-why do you remove / nerf all the defencive abilities? At this point people can just run at us (no chase) and kill us. Do you even realize how much you have changed the game to the worse?
    Dont bring up the point that "they can, but they wont score as much and thus lose" that is irrelevant for most players, they realize they wont win and just run around ruening the fun for others.

-how can we possibly have a competitive game if we cant defend ourselves. If you nerf knives we are basically left with 2 options: Die, or run and die a few sek later.

In before questions are: Not answered or answered by someone that havent really played the multiplayer that much.

How is something a bug (knife stuns) when it is being used as it is designed to work....reduce the range of action,etc. of affected player...bug ???....please !!!! So far this is the least enjoyable MP !!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►