pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert

Question about the Templar crew in AC4 (NO SPAILERZ PLS)

Without going into spoilers, I just want to know whether the Templars in AC4 are the ambiguous AC1/AC3 types or the cliched mustache twirling lolevil!!1! types found in AC2/Brotherhood. Is there moral ambiguity in the story? I think there is, but a confirmation would be nice from those who have played it. A simple yes or no to these questions would suffice. I don't need to know more than that. Thanks.

Yes.

(well, I haven't played it yet, but as I said in one thread I lost my restraint and have watched everything, so that's close enough, right? )

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    It's more ACR then anything, like we fight for a cause rah rah.

Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    Yes.

(well, I haven't played it yet, but as I said in one thread I lost my restraint and have watched everything, so that's close enough, right? )
    Lol, son I am disappoint.

But thanks for confirming , ACR-types will do too. As long as they don't go like we wanna rule cuz we want powerz and moneyz

Originally Posted by roostersrule2 Go to original post
    It's more ACR then anything, like we fight for a cause rah rah.
    And that differs them from AC1/AC3 ones who also fight for a cause rah rah how?

Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    Lol, son I am disappoint.

But thanks for confirming , ACR-types will do too. As long as they don't go like we wanna rule cuz we want powerz and moneyz
    They're more well-developed than ACR ones, though. I personally consider it to be a mix of AC1 and AC3.

Considering AC1 and AC3 were the best Templar cast imo, I think I'll be well satisfied. Thanks people, I'm restraining myself by reminding me of dat awesome fuzzy feeling that you get when you experience a twist or an important plot point first hand inside the game.

lothario-da-be's Avatar Senior Member
    You won't be dissapointed, they aren't on the same level as ac1 and ac3 but certainly better then acr. Especialy because they realy work together unlike acr where they felt more like individuals.

roostersrule2's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    And that differs them from AC1/AC3 ones who also fight for a cause rah rah how?.
    Even ACB's fought for a cause.

Anyway it's because some of them still have that we want de monies, glories and powers lol element, although minor it's still there.

Originally Posted by roostersrule2 Go to original post
    Even ACB's fought for a cause.

Anyway it's because some of them still have that we want de monies, glories and powers lol element, although minor it's still there.
    Well, to be fair, power and money were always a goal of the Templars, even in AC1 and AC3 (for example, putting Charles Lee in the lead of the new nation - that's pursuit of power). After all, you can't be a shepherd of civilization without the power (be it 'public' or 'in the shadows'), and you have to fund your schemes somehow. The difference is that non-AC2/ACB Templars for the most part (there are those like Majd Addin and Thomas Hickey who are not like that) use that as the means to accomplish their goals of Order and Peace, rather than power/money being the goal itself.