🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Dagreenskins's Avatar Banned

Riff Repeater User Guide

Hey guys I put together a small user guide for Riff Repeater. I posted some of the information already on a thread but thought I would make a seperate thread for this subject. Let me know what you think of it and what changes need to be made.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the RR menu and the section highlighted in BLUE is the current menu selection. The top progress bar with the highlight BLUE [ ] show the section of the song you are working on. For an Xbox you can moved and expanded the [ ] by using the shoulder and triggers on the controller.

Start Riff Repeater: This will start RR. I am not sure why it is at the top of the menu but it is.
    Set Difficulty: This controls how difficult you want the song in %.
    Speed: This controls the speed you want the song to play in %.
    Difficulty Repetitions: This can be set at Infinite to 5. If this is set at 2, then after you complete the section at the current Difficulty Level twice then RR will move on (Level Up or Auto-Continue).
    Level Up: This is either On or Off. If it is On the section of the song will Level Up after you have accomplished the Difficulty Level and Difficulty Repetitions. If it is Off then the song will just play at the set Difficulty Level.
    Speed Repetitions: This can be set at Infinite to 5. If this is set at 2, then after you complete the current section of the song at the set Speed twice then RR will move on (Level Up or Auto-Continue).
    Accelerate: This is either On or Off. If it is On the section of the song will Speed Up after you have accomplished the current Speed and Speed Repetitions.
    Auto-Continue: After you have accomplished the Set Difficulty and Speed along with the Repetitions the song will continue to play from the current selection being played in RR.
    Error Tolerance: This can be set at None, Low, Medium or High. This will allow the set number of mistakes before Leveling or Speeding Up.
    Master Mode: This is either On or Off. I have not been able to figure out how this feature works in Riff Repeater or in the song. I will continue to explore how this works in the future.
    View Previous Mistakes: This is either On or Off. If this is on and you make a mistake that registers in the section you are playing, the next play through will have an ! next to the registered mistakes.
    Section Start/End: This is another way to select the starting and ending sections of the song. For the Xbox you can use the Left Thumbstick or Directional Pad to move the [ ] around on the progress bar.
    Resume Song: This will exit out of RR and just start playing the song.
    Exit Song: Will exit you from the song.

*Important Note: Level Up and Accelerate work together and will adjust back and forth if they are both on. So first you will Speed Up and next you will Level Up. After you Level Up the Speed will drop back down to the set Speed. It is hard to explain in text so I put together a video to show how these two features work together.

georgec5's Avatar Member
    The error tolerance settings are none, low, medium, and high. For some sections that is 1, 2, or 3 misses with other sections though it is different numbers. I forget which song, but one section I was working on allowed two misses when it was set to low.

WTG. Keepem coming Greenskins......Don't forget about that session mode thing we talked about.

Dagreenskins's Avatar Banned
    Fixed

GeoD2750 spent a few hours last night working on that project. I will work over the next few weeks. It does have a lot of moving parts it will take a bit longer to do.

I'll keep an eye out for it....thank you for taking the time.

The_Penguin222's Avatar Senior Member
    Good work, thanks for doing this!

Wow - this is great! Thanks for doing this. I'm new to Rocksmith and was having some trouble figuring out RR. This is a huge help.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Definitely something that will help the community! Awesome job!

Stickied and added to the following:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...es-Workarounds
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/785634

Yerbatera's Avatar Senior Member
    Great job ! By any chance, you haven't found out how to pause RR and than start it again at the same spot you were before, have you? This is a point that really bugs me. Why does it rewind to the beginning????

This bugs me as well. There just doesn't seem to be a way to pause then resume while in RR. Only pause then "resume song" (by "resume" they mean back to playing the song in non RR mode), or pause then re-start RR. I REALLY want a way to pause RR (so I can take my time to look at what's coming, adjust my fingering, or just take a breath), then keep going from that exact spot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►