Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

& ALL SYSTEMS- ACIV:BF, SP - Official Bugs/Issues Thread *SPOILERS *Updated 11/20/13

Hello Assassin's!

Please use the following thread for any Bugs or Issues you encounter while playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag while posting in the following format.

• Country + Format (ex: Russia - PS3 - disc or digital download )
    • Username and/or Gamertag
    • Frequency:(How often is it mentioned. How often does it happen to you?)
    • Occurrence: Since when does it happen? (This helps identify if it is a Patch or DLC that is the source of the Bug.)
    • Describe what the issue you've encountered is: (ex: Was it activating the game? Issue with a specific part of the game? Mission, achievement, etc.)
    • Help us with more details: What did you do before this error occurred? A written description is best and include a screen grab if possible. (ex: "When I launch from the desktop it crashes." "I received this error message: Error xx6546")

*When reporting a technical issue while playing on the PS4 console*
    • If the issue is persistent and/or reproducible, please include your Ubisoft Forum Name in the crash report generated by the PS4 by typing it into the field provided

** Please do not post story spoilers - if you have a problem with a certain mission - please do not post too many details - if the team require more info - they will contact you directly.**

Please make sure to also report any bugs, issues or code problems directly to Ubisoft Support immediately!
    http://support.ubisoft.com/

When you contact Support - please provide them with as much detail as possible, answer all replies from them and answer those requests within 48 hours - to avoid your question being marked as solved.

The first reply from support maybe a simple FAQ - this is normal - if that does not solve the issue, reply and inform them!

If for what ever reason your question is marked as solved, remember you have 48 hours to reopen it - please also do not make multiple support requests for the same issue, this may delay support answering you.

This thread is for general feedback on bugs and is not intended to replace support, or intended to provide feedback based on those bugs in all cases.

Want to post about something else?

If you want to give feedback about the Single Player Gameplay, please post here-
    AC IV: Black Flag - Single Player - GAMEPLAY Feedback - DO NOT POST SPOILERS

Multiplayer bugs? Post here-
    AC IV: Black Flag - Multiplayer- Official Bugs/Issues Thread - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Want to talk about multiplayer game modes or give feedback any other multiplayer aspect? Please post here-
    AC IV: Black Flag - Multiplayer - GAMEPLAY Feedback *Possible-Spoilers*

Information from this thread will be fed back to the team, and help they solve any issues, but it's vital you also report directly to support so that they can also report problems and help the team work on solving them!

Thank you for your feedback!
    The AC Forum Team

xXRazvanXx's Avatar Member
    Ok,i`ll start first.
    Username and gamertag is the same as here but i can`t use the internet on console no more for 2-3 years ago when i moved.
    I have a bug with an assassination contract.In the left corner of the screen under side activities it tell`s me to kill my target but on the map is not marked with the red skull or red bubble. I searched almost everywhere,it`s a big map and i got lost,i know is the contract is from Salt Key Bank,because only two contracts i got left and after i finish this bugged one i`ll get the last,and i want to finish them for 100% and those pistol blades.

XanderXVI's Avatar Junior Member
    USA Xbox360; Username XanderXVI; Gamertag ASSASSIN XVI16; Purchased Season Pass, downloaded & installed. Prices of additional content IN GAME MENU are NOT reflecting 20% discount. I purchased Time Saver: Activities Pack & paid full price of $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points), same price as shown in the Xbox Marketplace. The Death Vessel Pack was installed for free, so obviously system is recognizing the installed Season Pass. Please advise as neither my wife or I will make additional DLC purchases until we know if pricing is correct.

Support's initial response states that there is no 20% Discount on the Season Pass.

No disrespect but are you kidding? I am aware that there is NO 20% off the SEASON PASS ITSELF! As I stated, where is the 20% discount on the $0.99 or 80 Microsoft Points for the Time Saver Activity Pack? I paid FULL PRICE in the Game Menu area Additional Content. The price was the same as the Xbox Marketplace. AC4 Appearance Pack is shown at $24.99; again Full Price. ALL ITEMS are being shown at FULL PRICE on DISC 1 of the game, even though SEASON PASS IS INSTALLED. NO Discounts are being shown in pricing, every item has the same price as the Xbox Marketplace. The Season Pass is NOT reflecting discounts on any of the DLC. I can't be any clearer in the explanation.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by XanderXVI Go to original post
    USA Xbox360; Username XanderXVI; Gamertag ASSASSIN XVI16; Purchased Season Pass, downloaded & installed. Prices of additional content IN GAME MENU are NOT reflecting 20% discount. I purchased Time Saver: Activities Pack & paid full price of $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points), same price as shown in the Xbox Marketplace. The Death Vessel Pack was installed for free, so obviously system is recognizing the installed Season Pass. Please advise as neither my wife or I will make additional DLC purchases until we know if pricing is correct.

Support's initial response states that there is no 20% Discount on the Season Pass.

No disrespect but are you kidding? I am aware that there is NO 20% off the SEASON PASS ITSELF! As I stated, where is the 20% discount on the $0.99 or 80 Microsoft Points for the Time Saver Activity Pack? I paid FULL PRICE in the Game Menu area Additional Content. The price was the same as the Xbox Marketplace. AC4 Appearance Pack is shown at $24.99; again Full Price. ALL ITEMS are being shown at FULL PRICE on DISC 1 of the game, even though SEASON PASS IS INSTALLED. NO Discounts are being shown in pricing, every item has the same price as the Xbox Marketplace. The Season Pass is NOT reflecting discounts on any of the DLC. I can't be any clearer in the explanation.

Hello,
    Have you tried purchasing the DLC from the in-game store instead of through the Xbox Marketplace?
    1. Select Extras from the main menu
    2. Select Additional Content

There should be the option to purchase DLC after that. Please let us know if that works.

USA - PS3 - disk
    Username: Calico-Jack-
    Problem: Assassin's Creed: Black Flag will do a total "hang" freeze every 5-10 minutes of game play during solo campaign (I have yet to attempt multi-player). This problem does not fix itself upon waiting and requires me to shut down the console via manual means (the PS button on the controller, nor any other buttons, will not respond to any/all commands) The problem persists even while I am not connected to the PSN. There are no "error" signs/commands as it freezes. It will occur while in any action, even while I allow the character to remain dormant (no commands given through the controller)
    Actions Taken: - I have deleted and re-installed the game and it's data several times. - I have returned the disk and received new ones. - I have even gone to the lengths of re-formatting the console back to the original/factory settings.
    None of these have fixed or even decreased the occurrence levels of the problem.
    Additional: I have no issues with the system operating any other game. AC4:BF is the only one having problems what so ever.

- United States - Xbox 360 - Disc
    - Gamertag: Confederate Jeb
    - Every time
    - Once reaching the mission "The Treasure Fleet"
    - When attempting to load single player at this point in the game, the disc is unreadable. Attempts to reach the same mission by restarting the campaign on a different save file have produced the same error at the same spot.
    - I've tried cleaning the disc, restarting my Xbox, and clearing the cache. All other games work, as does everything else with AC4 as far as I can tell.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Country + Format - United Kingdom - PS3 DISC
    Username and/or Gamertag - Arun1910
    Frequency:Happened both times during this mission
    Occurrence: After day 1 patch I guess?
    Describe what the issue you've encountered is:

Help us with more details: - Adewale seems to be stuck on the wheel and the cutscene version of him is also present.

Contract Bug

Country + Format: USA - PS3 - disc
    Username: Eternal-CMO
    Frequency: It's a persistent problem.

Description of the issue: This occured after I picked up a contract telling me the guy is looking to do bad business at the plantation in Matanzas & I need to take him out. I recall seeing his red skull marker on the map just above Cuba afterward, but I got distracted by other things & all the sudden the icon had disappeared from the map when I went to do it. I went all up & down the northern coast looking for my target; I even checked in Matanzas & captured all the outposts I could to see if he'd appear near any. I vaguely remember an update telling me he'd gotten away while I was busy elsewhere, but then another said he had returned (only he hadn't).

My main gripe with this is not only can I not drop & pick-up this contract again so it may refresh itself, but the stupid quest log telling me to fulfill the contract is forever stuck on my HUD & reminding me I'm not allowed to complete it. There should be an option added that turns the quest log off at least. The text takes up too much space, and it's really obnoxious with this glitch around.

Please, look into fixing this terrible bug.

Abaco Island Bug

USA - PS3 Disc
    Username: Kogos (uplay user name = k0g0s)
    Occurrence: Since 10/29
    Frequency: Every time during multiple attempts at this mission.

Issue: After completing the hunt quest (hunting two iguanas and two ocelots) on Abaco Island, the game immediately shifts to the progress tracker in the Animus Menu screen. Pressing the O button to resume brings me back to the game for a second, but then immediately back to the Animus Menu screen. I can't continue with the story line at all. I am able to quit the Animus playback to enter the Abstergo storyline, but I am unable to continue the main game. Restarting the memory from the last checkpoint causes Edward to stand on the beach, then the menu pops up again and a again. When playing after restarting the whole memory, problem persists.

Unable to move forward in the game. Have tried shutting down the PS3 system, restarting the memory....nothing works.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Kogos Go to original post
    USA - PS3 Disc
    Username: Kogos (uplay user name = k0g0s)
    Occurrence: Since 10/29
    Frequency: Every time during multiple attempts at this mission.

Issue: After completing the hunt quest (hunting two iguanas and two ocelots) on Abaco Island, the game immediately shifts to the progress tracker in the Animus Menu screen. Pressing the O button to resume brings me back to the game for a second, but then immediately back to the Animus Menu screen. I can't continue with the story line at all. I am able to quit the Animus playback to enter the Abstergo storyline, but I am unable to continue the main game. Restarting the memory from the last checkpoint causes Edward to stand on the beach, then the menu pops up again and a again. When playing after restarting the whole memory, problem persists.

Unable to move forward in the game. Have tried shutting down the PS3 system, restarting the memory....nothing works.
    Hi,

I think this is an easy fix:

This is not a bug from what you discribe?

You must craft two items - a gun holster and Health upgrade - the reason for hunting those animals, I believe this is explained in the cutscene. though easy to miss!

On the screen - select crafting and those items should be available to craft?

It should then continue the game.