Hey Rockers!

We've created this to this to help you get started.

Official Rocksmith 2014 In-depth Guides and Video Walkthroughs

Community Created Help Topics

You can also find the full list of useful links and information here.

*Help/Frequently asked questions*

How can I find Help or a general Instruction Manual for the game?

• If you’re still in the initial part of the game, before you first see the Main Menu, then push the Help button. Here you’ll find troubleshooting tips and lots of information on basic guitar and bass skills, as well as tips for getting to know the Rocksmith 2014 interface.
  • If you’re already in the main part of the game, then select Tools > Options > Manual. Here you’ll find the same troubleshooting tips, basic instrument information, and tips for getting to know the interface from the game’s initial setup. You’ll also find information on the button controls, a Session Mode glossary, and a detailed, labeled guide to the key screens for both Learn a Song and Session Mode.
  • NOTE: Some of the topics and diagrams change based on whether you’re playing guitar or bass to ensure you’re viewing the information relevant to the instrument you have currently selected.

I'm having problems tuning my guitar or the notes aren't registering properly what do I do?

• ​Here are a few things to keep in mind while tuning your guitar:
    • Be sure you’re turning the right peg. You should be turning the peg that’s currently highlighted on the tuner screen.
    • Tightening the string makes the pitch higher and the needle on the tuner go up
    • Loosening the string makes the pitch lower and the needle on the tuner go down
    • Let the note ring out after you play it, so the tuner can get a good reading
    • Play the string again whenever the sound starts to fade out – as the note gets quieter, the harder it is for the tuner to get an accurate reading
    • Try loosening the string and then bringing it back up to the right pitch rather than starting high and bringing it down. If your string gets too tight, it will break.

The game is asking me to "Play another Song" in Non-Stop play. I've done that but I'm not progressing! What do I do?
  • Select "Play Another Song" from the dialog box that pops up at the end of Non-Stop Play Mode. It defaults to "Finish" so make sure you are choosing the correct selection.

There’s so much to do… I can’t decide what to do next! Any suggestions?

• Sure! Rocksmith 2014 has a ton of stuff to do, and you can play any part of the game at any time you want, right from the start. But for those looking for a little more guidance, Rocksmith suggests Missions for you to complete as you progress through the game. Each of path has its own set of missions. Select “My Path” from the options at the bottom of your screen to see a list of your current missions.

I’d rather not have the game set a song’s difficulty for me. Can I set a song’s difficulty myself?
There are a few ways to do this:
  • If you want to set your starting difficulty, but still want the game to adjust to your playing while you learn the song:
    • Enter Riff Repeater while in the song
    • Select the sections of the song that’s difficulty you want to set (the entire song, if you want), and adjust the difficulty to your desired value
    • Select “Resume Song”

• If you want to play a song all the way through with a fixed difficulty
    • Enter Riff Repeater while in the song
    • Set the difficulty to the desired level(s). You can set the difficulty for the whole song or for each section individually.
    • Select each section of the song until the entire song is highlighted in the phrase bar at the top of the screen, and then choose “Start Riff Repeater”

• If you want to play competitive, fixed difficulty, scored arrangements
    • Choose “Score Attack” from an individual song’s play menu
    • OR choose Score from the Guitarcade menu
    • Select difficulty and play song

I’d like to know the name of the note I’m playing. What note is this?

• Rocksmith 2014 has a chromatic tuner built right into its pause menu, and you can use that to tune up at any time to tune up. Another great thing about this tuner, though, is that it will tell you the name of any note you play.
    • Just go into the pause menu, play a note, and the tuner will tell you what that note is. Give it a try!

Are there chord charts?
  • Yes! And they are interactive. Rocksmith includes over 1,000 chords.
    • To access a basic, general set of chord charts, select Tools>Chord Book.
    • To access chords for a particular song, pause within that song and then select Tools>Chord Book.

The notes go by so fast, I can't tell what to play.
  • Select the section you want to work on using the Section Start and Section End markers. Then move the Speed slider down to 1%. The notes for that section will loop, along with the slowed down audio, until you resume song or start riff repeater. If you'd like to play through the passage at that speed, select Start Riff Repeater.

I can't tell how much I'm supposed to bend?
  • Bend notes have small arrows next to them indicating the size of the bend…. One arrow for a half step bend, two for a whole step bend, etc.

I want to see what notes I missed so I know what to work on.
  • This is an option in Riff Repeater. Set "View Previous Mistakes" to On, then Riff Repeat the section. The notes you missed will be marked with a small "!"

I play lefty. Does Rocksmith 2014 support left-handed players?
  • Yes! When you first start the game, it will ask you whether you’d like to play left-handed or right-handed. If you’d like to switch the handedness later on, you can do so by selecting Options > Play Settings > Select Handedness.
    • If you’d like instructional videos displayed during the game to show a left-handed player, select Options > Visual Settings > Mirror Video.

I can’t hear my guitar at all, but otherwise the game sounds fine. What’s wrong?
  • There are a few things that could cause this:
    • Make sure your bass or guitar’s volume knob is turned up
    • Make sure the cable is securely plugged into your bass or guitar
    • Make sure the other end of the cable is securely plugged unto the USB connector in your system, console, or computer
    • Some guitars have “active” pickups, which require battery power. If your instrument requires a battery, make sure the battery isn’t dead.