killzab's Avatar Senior Member

[SPOILERS] I've got the game, ask your questions !

So, in France the release date has been utterly broken, the game is basically out everywhere.

So I had the pleasure to try the game for a little more than an hour.

So feel free to ask your questions on the game. Try not to ask me to spoil the story, I just want to give early feedback and make you want to buy the game .

I've got the PS3 version.

I'll just say that graphically.... the game suffers from being on the PS3, you can definitely feel the game is too big for the system. Shadows are horrid.

The game plays like a charm though and most of my griefs with AC3 seem to be gone. It seems like the devs were true to their words for the most part.

I can't play AC3 anymore after trying Black Flag !

Raibuscus's Avatar Senior Member
    So the graphics are really bad? Or just AC3 with some tweaks etc...
    How is the freerunning?
    Is everything we expected in the game?

EDIT: Do you have a link to a French commentator that is doing a walkthrough of the game

Well, the artistic direction is outstanding, the colors are vibrant etc but you can feel it is very restricted by the current gen.

Also, the frame rate is TERRIBLE, even worse than AC3's. The biggest flaw of the game for me so far.

But otherwise, it really seems like the devs did everything they could to fix AC3's issues, the overly long intro for example. When you start the game, you jump right into the action . The modern day part comes only at the end of sequence 1.

ACHILLES4713's Avatar Member
    So in terms of the land based missions, did it seem like you were able to tackle the objectives in anyway you felt like (either more stealthily or guns blazing)? I'm wondering how "forced" into combat the missions may seem, though I'm aware that different players prefer different styles of play. Also, with what you saw of the story, did it feel like the writing was more morally grey (like AC 1 and AC: R and AC 3), or more black and white morality (like AC 2 and AC: B). I don't want you to spoil anything, I'm just curious about your thoughts on what you've seen of the story so far.

Azula2005's Avatar Member
    OH NOOOOO, my only concern was the frame rate from ac3 would carry along to ac4....but now ITS WORSE

Originally Posted by ACHILLES4713 Go to original post
    So in terms of the land based missions, did it seem like you were able to tackle the objectives in anyway you felt like (either more stealthily or guns blazing)? I'm wondering how "forced" into combat the missions may seem, though I'm aware that different players prefer different styles of play. Also, with what you saw of the story, did it feel like the writing was more morally grey (like AC 1 and AC: R and AC 3), or more black and white morality (like AC 2 and AC: B). I don't want you to spoil anything, I'm just curious about your thoughts on what you've seen of the story so far.
    Well, so far there's been no mention of the Assassins vs Templars conflict. But the game seems a little more lighthearted than AC3. The writing feels more like AC2 to me. But I'm not far into the game.

And well yeah I definitely felt more free during the few missions I've done ! Multiple ways to reach the objective, understandable patrol patterns and functional stealth ( a little TOO much sometimes ).

Raibuscus's Avatar Senior Member
    :/ I thought the PS3/XBox 360 version would be pretty awesome.

Oh well, as long as the story is good.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    are the various weapons introduced in story or are some like how AC3 handled trip mines, poison darts, and smoke bombs (they're just there)?

I have a few questions:

Can you remove weapons?
    Is the player forced to buy the blowpipe at some point in the game?
    Is combat hard or can you easily kill 5 enemies?
    Was stealth improved? Social stealth for instance.

Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    are the various weapons introduced in story or are some like how AC3 handled trip mines, poison darts, and smoke bombs (they're just there)?
    It depends, they're not shown in cutscenes
    Spoiler:  Show
    ( hidden blades might be, I don't have them yet, Edward just throws away the first one he finds.).

But they seem to be introduced during mission gameplay..
    Spoiler:  Show
    ( Smoke bombs are introduced as an optional objective).

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... Last ►►