🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Rocksmith 2014 Official Bugs and Issues Thread

Hey Rockers!

Please use this Thread to report any bugs, repeatable crashes and any major gameplay technical issues for Rocksmith 2014.

This thread is NOT meant to replace Ubisoft Support by any means. If you have an issue please make sure you contact them immediately.
    Ubisoft Support Website

If you decide to also create a Thread on the Forums for your issue, please make sure that you use the Prefix feature to avoid unnecessary questions and to speed up the process of getting assistance from the community.

If you would like to give us general gameplay feedback please use this Thread.
    Rocksmith 2014 Official Gameplay Feedback Thread

Thank you for taking the time to report any issues.

We will keep an updated list of Help, Issues and Workarounds here:
    Help/FAQ's & Current Issues Workarounds

Rocksmith 2014 Forum Team

I try to start Rocksmith and I get "No audio output device is detected. Please connect and enable an audio output device then restart Rocksmith 2014". My systems far exceeds minimum specs. All drivers are up to date. My audio device is an M-Audio Profire 2626. Everything else works; Skyrim, Bioshock, iTunes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the same error occurs.

System is: Rocksmith 2014 for PC. i7-3930 with 32GB RAM. Profire 2626 with the latest drivers. DirectX 11.

Originally Posted by BuckNodules Go to original post
    I try to start Rocksmith and I get "No audio output device is detected. Please connect and enable an audio output device then restart Rocksmith 2014". My systems far exceeds minimum specs. All drivers are up to date. My audio device is an M-Audio Profire 2626. Everything else works; Skyrim, Bioshock, iTunes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the same error occurs.

System is: Rocksmith 2014 for PC. i7-3930 with 32GB RAM. Profire 2626 with the latest drivers. DirectX 11.
    I'm getting the same message.....From what I'm reading.....this program is really buggy. Was looking forward to this release......not so much anymore......what a shame.

Vector_Shift's Avatar Senior Member
    String Skip Saloon will not recognize my E string on my bass. If I use my co-worker's bass, it will recognize it maybe half the time. Even on guitar, the detection, especially of the lower strings is a bit spotty. I calibrated and fine tuned every time I switched instruments. Everything else in the game works great!

The game froze up on my XBOX today.
    It froze a couple of times last week, even becoming unplayable saturday evening.
    Then no freezes at all till today
    Working fine all day yesterday while i was grinding through 30 songs.
    I hadn't said anything because I thought the day patch would address it but not so.

Originally Posted by Vector_Shift Go to original post
    String Skip Saloon will not recognize my E string on my bass. If I use my co-worker's bass, it will recognize it maybe half the time. Even on guitar, the detection, especially of the lower strings is a bit spotty. I calibrated and fine tuned every time I switched instruments. Everything else in the game works great!
    i had a guest over on Sunday that had the same issue on her bass

LvlNinety9's Avatar Senior Member
    I've been having some issues with the high e not being picked up but it's not that often. Also had the game freeze up once out of a whole day of multiplayer with the wife. We had just finished playing Chompers and went back to the song select screen when it froze.

pesto.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BuckNodules Go to original post

I had this issue when I was trying to use my Firewire soundcard (UAD Apollo), it seems that Rocksmith only see's the onboard soundcard so I had to connect up the monitors through the headphone out which is a tad messy but it works. I'd rather use the external soundcard for convenience sake if nothing else, but I guess there's a conflict between running that and the USB based real tone cable as an input.

Pre-purchased and downloaded the game off Steam. First time game started fine, For some reason now the game won't progress past the white background loading screen with the Rocksmith logo pick in the lower right corner. I've left the game on that screen for 40 mins and it never advanced, I've made 5 other attempts (at time of writing this) to start the game... But never progresses past white loading screen.

I've tested other steam games including the original Rocksmith and all have worked fine. I can still press Shift + F2 and access the Uplay menu during the loading screen, but nothing else.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Intel i7-2600k, 16GB Ram, SLI Nvidia GTX 660 Ti (Latest Drivers).

ProzacTheClown's Avatar Member
    The tuner drives me nuts with the high E string on both my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and my PC running Windows 8.

I am using a Gibson SG Standard in all 3 positions. Once it actually locks onto the string and decides it is in tune it works flawlessly.