1. #1

    Layout of AC 4?

    I was watching a gameplay video earlier and saw that each sequence has its own section. Kind of like the first AC. I never finished the other ACs, only tried them plus its been years since I played them. I was hoping AC 4 would be a good replayable game. I'm just wondering does each sequence remember where you left off from the previous one? So you can finish the game but still continue upgrading once the story is complete, kind of like GTA?

    I'll probably buy it anyway.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I thought that was just cos it was a demo, oh well guess we'll find out soon.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by DisbandedBox359 Go to original post
    I thought that was just cos it was a demo, oh well guess we'll find out soon.
    Yep, how linear was AC 3? Did it have sequence lines but at the end you could continue or had to restart again?
    Share this post

  4. #4
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    You can replay every individual mission exactly like GTA5.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Sturnz0r's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    202
    section of the map?

    everything is unlocked at sequence 3 as that is when you get full control of your jackdaw, and you unlock a visual of the map by taking over forts, except the Ships and forts get tougher as you progress through the game, so you are limited until you upgrade your battleship

    missions are always going to unlock in order, to portray a cinematic story, if that's what you mean?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Sturnz0r Go to original post
    section of the map?

    everything is unlocked at sequence 3 as that is when you get full control of your jackdaw, and you unlock a visual of the map by taking over forts, except the Ships and forts get tougher as you progress through the game, so you are limited until you upgrade your battleship

    missions are always going to unlock in order, to portray a cinematic story, if that's what you mean?
    So sequence 3 is the last one, there isn't a sequence 4, 5, 6 etc,,.?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Sturnz0r's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    202
    ..There are usually 12-13 sequences of memory
    Share this post

  8. #8
    pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, UK
    Posts
    17,516
    Originally Posted by Sturnz0r Go to original post
    ..There are usually 12-13 sequences of memory
    Spoiler tag that quickly before you get banned!
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Sturnz0r Go to original post
    ..There are usually 12-13 sequences of memory
    Right, I guess my question is can you continue your progress once you complete the story, or since it's set in a "level" system you have to stop at the end of last sequence and restart the game, and are unable to continue playing the last sequence?

    I seem to recall with AC 1 you couldn't progress with the story done
    Share this post

  10. #10
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,490
    Originally Posted by burner1232009 Go to original post
    Right, I guess my question is can you continue your progress once you complete the story, or since it's set in a "level" system you have to stop at the end of last sequence and restart the game, and are unable to continue playing the last sequence?

    I seem to recall with AC 1 you couldn't progress with the story done
    As I said, it's EXACTLY like GTA. You can continue playing in the open world after finishing the game, but you can also replay every individual mission. The layout is nothing like AC1. Forget AC1 even happened. None of the sequels were even close to its layout.
    Share this post