ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    Originally Posted by Eyrington Go to original post
    i can see your guide is not finished yet, what you think about [Okane no Okane] in cassandra match up? i know it's a useless card in other match up, but if someone has played [Okane no Okane] in millenium cup, like gold pile ishuma with revised tactics, it can be a monster card.

most ishuma play without bard, cause he doesn't really rely on his unique and bard slows him a lot.
    Matrix played with Okane. There is no place for RT in Ishuma so you cannot revised them and Okane will render them useless. I guess there are great side-boarding option. I played vs 2 Okanes on board as Cassa and i lost. They are very strong in this matchup. However i don't see sideboarding being implemented in DoC.

1. I updated the cards from the decks. Also i've written something about different matchups but it's still not done.

2. I played last 2 JP quite a lot. A few observations:Taxes, Taxes and arbiters everywhere, it was really hard to get to high TELO.

3. I played RushDown and i think it's quite strong (4 Pillages, no Strikes)

4. Since mills are still common i recommend plating with 1-2 singularity if you are playing RushLock

BASE SET 2 INFO

List of cards from BS2: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-Event-Forums

Let's take a look at the Cassandra deck (missing cards in the red):

1x Cassandra, Seeker of Light

Events (8):
    4x Mana Storm
    4x Week of Training

Creatures (25):
    1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
    4x Crusader Treasurer
    4x Crusader Watchman
    1x Griffin Knight
    1x Holy Praetorian
    3x Loyal Griffin
    1x Pao Deathseeker
    4x Radiant Glory
    2x Soothsayer
    4x Wolf Captain

Fortunes (25):
    1x Altar of Asha
    3x Broken Bridge
    4x Campfire

1x Cassandra's Imperial Devotion
    3x Cosmic Realignment
    2x Cosmic Singularity
    4x Pillage

1x Prison
    1x Revised Tactics
    4x River of Gems
    1x Wasteland

no Wolf Captain: it's kinda correct because Wolf Captains were a mistake. On the other hand they were reasons why they were added - haven was UP. I'm afraid that w/o WC haven will become one of the weakest factions.

Sandalphon won't be present in the BS2.

looking at the list im scared. Haven look very, very weak.

Haven will likely have to go back to a retaliation/fatties type deck because there is no other way for the now gimped haven creatures to fight stronghold or necro creatures straight up without efficient removal or fortune acceleration. For god sakes haven doesn't even have a playable turn 1 drop anymore!

I am just starting out playing a full Cassandra Rush-lock and took me a long time to get to 1100 rated. My highest rating right now is 1250s as I am still learning to deal with different deck types. Does not feel like an easy deck to play at all. You need both resource-generating cards at the beginning and draw lock-down cards or shuffle cards at midgame to beat a lot of decks. This takes luck.

The people playing it to the highest ratings seems to have a lot more skill and use advanced tactics such as memorizing fortune rotations and such. Don't think the deck should be nerfed just because a few highly skilled players are piloting it.

Edit: But I must admit that the deck is feeling more powerful the more I play it.
    Edit2: got 1300s ratings

@ZergRusher & EndlessRamble

You are both right that Haven will be weak!

I would go as far as to say that it will be less played than Necro is played now.

There is expansion "soon" after base set 2 where Haven players can put their hopes, but I wouldn't hope to much... Open format will still have Cassandra as best deck, but standard is going to be lacking Haven decks.

@Skywalking1
    This is not a nerf of Haven per se. Cassandra will still be played, just in open format.

If you don't know why this rotations occur, you can read about set rotations in MTG. Ultimately that is a good thing to avoid power creep.

GuyJoe's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by EndlessRamble Go to original post
    Haven will likely have to go back to a retaliation/fatties type deck because there is no other way for the now gimped haven creatures to fight stronghold or necro creatures straight up without efficient removal or fortune acceleration. For god sakes haven doesn't even have a playable turn 1 drop anymore!
    Hi all,

this might be a little out of topic but, well... it comes after one of the posts here.

I am not sure about the retaliation haven. I don't know if this will work, I don't know.

I just wanted to "report" that K immundi, the french community manager, when he talks about factions, insists often on how they kinda wanted the faction to be played and just like he insists a lot on Academy being the "mill faction", he also often talks about haven decks as "heal decks" (I am not too sure I heard him outright say that this is the way they want it to be played, but, well, often I asked myself if that was not exactly what he meant...

Now this may be even more scarier for haven players for heal strategy may have been the worst so far (not too great at least). Maybe this will eventually work, don't know. The haven heroes are the basic hero (Cassandra), Kieran (?) and the two heal heroes (Alia and Morgan). Well, who else, but still. They did not forget to include basically all the cards to heal in BS2 (you'll see that they kinda are all there), plus all the cards that must be full health to do something more... For sure, they probably won't make it the only way to play haven, but I wouldn't be surprised if they reinforced these decks even more with the next expansion.

My two cents,
    GuyJoe.

SIDEBOARDING

The game doesn't allow sideboarding (and i understand why, it's probably a correct decision) but many tournaments are implementing the feature. So i'd like to shortly discuss the possibilities and threats that sideboarding brings to Cassandra.

Cassandra is a very tight build and there isn’t really any place to exchange cards. It was build to counter almost every hero and she doesn’t benefit that much from sideboarding (at least compared to other heroes). Sideboarding allows players to implement crippling events that Cassandra is quite susceptible to not only Weeks of Taxes but also Blind Arbiters. Matches between ZergRusher and Hectoring (from GZ vs A1 showmatch) or Gialota vs Soulkr (Draft Tournament) showed that Cassandra struggles when enemies employ a lot of asymmetric, slowing events (Taxes and Arbiters).

Ward against Darkness seems to be an obvious choice. It shuts down Gazal (and might force her to waste Favorite Spell to fetch Mass Dispel to get rid of the Ward) Ward against Darkness is a hard counter to Gazal, quite good vs any Dark Magic user like Ariana, Hakeem or Adar-Malik. Another options are Immaculate Glory and Crusader Chaplain. Immaculate Glory is too weak to justify 5 resources but a Chaplain seems to be an interesting sideboarding option. Cassandra has access to light magic so Cleansing Light may be included (esp. vs mass rage decks - Alia/Dham/Adar rage and Hakeem Mill). The problem is that when your opponent can put the spells you are afraid of, which are usually pretty expensive, this is a late game and Cassandra player may lose anyway, despite casting Cleansing Light (Cleansing Light might be a “win-more” card – a card that helps you win a duel that is already won). The guards should be a common option: Holy Praetorians are always helpful when facing a creature based decks and Griffin Knights might be employed in mirrors or vs Crag Hack. Lightning Strikes are obvious choices for sideboarding. Especially in tournaments with sideboarding, I’d expect Ishuma players to bring Okane no Okane and Inferno users to include Lurkers of the Dark – both cards are hard counters to Cassandra. Finally, additional Wastelands should be the nail in the coffin against stall/control decks. Some other options to think of: Angels of Mercy vs removal heavy decks, additional Broken Bridges or The Tower of the Gardener vs creature decks, Week of the Mercenaries to exchange unnecessary Mana Storms. Some might prefer Path of the Ancestors instead of Mana Storms, especially vs Ishuma or exchange Week of Training with them against Sandal aggro. Singularity is still a decent answer to mill decks. Paos can help vs control decks without access to earth magic like: Gazal or Ignatius.

example of sideboarding:

deck:
    Spoiler:  Show
    Events (8):
    4x Mana Storm
    4x Week of Training

Creatures (30):
    1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
    4x Crusader Treasurer
    4x Crusader Watchman
    1x Griffin Knight
    2x Holy Praetorian
    3x Loyal Griffin
    1x Pao Deathseeker
    4x Radiant Glory
    2x Soothsayer
    4x Tithe Collector
    4x Wolf Captain

Fortunes (20):
    1x Altar of Asha
    3x Broken Bridge
    4x Campfire
    1x Cassandra's Imperial Devotion
    2x Cosmic Realignment
    4x Pillage
    1x Prison
    1x Revised Tactics
    2x River of Gems
    1x Cosmic Singularity

Sideboard (15 cards):
    2x Wasteland
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Ward against Darkness
    1x Crusader Chaplain
    1x Tower of the Gardener
    1x Loyal Griffin
    1x Angel of Mercy
    1x Cleansing Light
    1x Cosmic Realignment
    1x Revised Tactics

You can read about most of the aforementioned cards in the first post, under V. Thoughts on cards from the decks.

Milky97's Avatar Team GZ Captain
    Originally Posted by ZergRusher Go to original post
    SIDEBOARDING

The doesn't allow sideboarding (and i understand why, it's probably a correct decision) but many tournaments are implementing the feature. So i'd like to shortly discuss the possibilities and threats that sideboarding brings to Cassandra.

Cassandra is a very tight build and there isn’t really any place to exchange cards. It was build to counter almost every hero and she doesn’t benefit that much from sideboarding (at least compared to other heroes). Sideboarding allows players to implement crippling events that Cassandra is quite susceptible to: not only Weeks of Taxes but also Blind Arbiters. Matches between ZergRusher and Hectoring (from GZ vs A1 showmatch) or Gialota vs Soulkr (Draft Tournament) showed that Cassandra struggles when enemies employ a lot of asymmetric, slowing events (Taxes and Arbiters).

Ward against Darkness seems to be an obvious choice. It shuts down Gazal (and might force her to waste Favorite Spell to fetch Mass Dispel to get rid of the Ward) Ward against Darkness is a hard counter to Gazal, quite good vs any Dark Magic user like Ariana, Hakeem or Adar-Malik. Another options are Immaculate Glory and Crusader Chaplain. Immaculate Glory is too weak to justify 5 resources but a Chaplain seems to be an interesting sideboarding option. Cassandra has access to light magic so Cleansing Light may be included. The problem is that when your opponent can put the spells you are afraid of, which are usually pretty expensive, this is a late game and Cassandra player may lose anyway, despite casting Cleansing Light (Cleansing Light might be a “win-more” card – a card that helps you win a duel that is already won). The guards should be a common option: Holy Praetorians and Griffin Knights are always helpful when facing a creature based decks. Lightning Strikes are obvious choices for sideboarding. Especially in tournaments with sideboarding, I’d expect Ishuma players to bring Okane no Okane and Inferno users to include Lurkers of the Dark – both cards are hard counters to Cassandra. Finally, additional Wastelands should be the nail in the coffin against stall/control decks. Some other options to think of: Angels of Mercy vs removal heavy decks, additional Broken Bridges or The Tower of the Gardener vs creature decks, Week of the Mercenaries to exchange unnecessary Mana Storms.

You can read about most of the aforementioned cards in the first post, under V. Thoughts on cards from the decks.
    What about Tith collectors vs Full Event hate?

maly_drab's Avatar National Pride (PL)

Sideboarding

As zergrusher said before. THere is not too much space to put many sidecards into this deck. Simply because its already quite op
    Im not a big ongoing vs dark spell as this card can ruin your curve at the begining of the game and you would like to end game before gazal can spam too many spells. Great sideboarding lays on events - as you would probably not need mana storms and even extra dmg material, so againt huge control decks as gazal or ishuma ( yeap, its control via creatures) i would suggest trying events that can help you not losing key cards on the field. Like x4 path of ancestors and x4 day of the sanctuary. With those posibility of losing treasurer is way smaller and as cassandra you prefer to just gain board advantage and then snowball. Lightning strikes are great card, even if you run mana storms.