ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    @GuyJoe: Week of Training ofc, Week of Taxes in Cassa - wow that would be a surprise

Originally Posted by ZergRusher Go to original post
    - Strength in numbers - i dont think i will be using it but since we have to clamp unit together, maybe
    I know on stream they talked about how good this would be with Wolf Captains but this card works even if you aren't clumping together.

Still seems quite pricy to me though.

GuyJoe's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by ZergRusher Go to original post
    @GuyJoe: Week of Training ofc, Week of Taxes in Cassa - wow that would be a surprise
    I was re editing my post while you wrote that.

WoT is week of training and not Week of taxes . Indeed . makes more sense .

Zerg, what do you think about Treasurer Crusader nerf? Is it going to be a big hit for fortune cassa decks?

ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    It's gonna be a pretty big hit. I will let you read a part from the article i was writing about Cassa's weaknesses:

"Reliance on Crusader Treasurers (at least in the current versions) - the principle of today's Cassandras is not only establishing board control and rushing you down but also locking you with cards like Pillages, Wastelands and the Prison. In order to deploy creatures and expensive locking cards your opponent needs a steady income advantage. He can’t get it from fortune cards every turn, he needs Crusader Treasurer and/or Tithe Collectors present on the board."

The problems:
    - it slows down Cassandra's rush to Prison and we have to choose if we want to go for 3 Destiny or 4 might. The effective maxout was 6 - 3/2/5 (nobody was playing with a Bard), now it's 7 - 4/2/5. Notice that Crag/Ishuma's maxout is 4 (sometimes 5 for Crag if playing with Zafiria)
    - It screws up resource management
    - you start first with a Collector: next turn 3 resources and we hope for a Glorie and next turn a Treasurer -> this is nowadays best start i guess.
    - If you start 2cd -> watchman -> WC + Collector, next turn 5 resources and this is a problem. It's no longer early game with crag hack/Ishuma they might've already taken the field control and you have 5 resources, go for a Treasurer and waste 1 resource? Let's say you don't have a Treasurer and you go for fortune and have a River on hand. You have 3 resources. 2 2-drops+ pillage or + 3-drop?
    - 4 glories are the only 3might creatures. That might not be enough. But what you can add? the New Crusader Vanguard? Griffin Knight? Sun Rider.
    - it makes Wastelands weaker compared to Pillages

And it's gonna be easier to cast FF. Losing one life for a board wipe-out it's nothing.

EnlightenedOwl's Avatar Member
    The deck will still be good to some extent but it won't be THE best deck anymore the way it (arguably) was before.

BlueStorm2112's Avatar Member
    Can I ask where people are viewing the patchnotes / balance changes? I could only find the ones for old expansions in the forums.

jkk89's Avatar First 1700 ELO! Hooah!
    I've played as Dham against Durendal's Cass in Fall Open semi-finals. Don't wanna spoil it for those who wanna wait for Tyrion's and R0's commentary, but as soon as it will be transmitted I also post the replay here as part of my Dham vs Cass guide.

BlueStorm2112's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Dipl0mate Go to original post
    Tyvm