Originally Posted by ZergRusher Go to original post
    @nefczi

1. you can play w/o Anael but you cannot w/o Wolf Captains - i'm sry. The difference is just too big, Playing any kind of haven deck w/o Wolf Captains will give you bad habits in units positioning.
    2. Cassandra is quite cheap (8 WC) so altar might be a better option. But if you don't need gold consider buying Haven deck. Don't count on getting Wolf Captains from packs - somehow it just never happens
    Thx for answers. I think im gonna get cassandra for gold and buy FW box for the seals i have. I figured that its still at least 2 weeks before next expansion. WIth 1 level per day i reach i should go from 34lvl that i am now to 50 in 2 weeks, more or less. Thats 1600 seals from each level and 900 seals from lvl 40&50 achivement. Plus around another 200 for weekly rewards and I should have almost 2800 in 2 weeks, for 2 boxes from new expansion.

FW box gives me 37 wildcards, so I will get 2 wolf captains today and 3rd tommorow when I get few wildcards from packs, maybe I wll try to go for swiss tonight as well. WIth 3 captains it should be playeble i guess, not optimall but playable right? Good plan? :P

ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    For 1990 seals you're gonna get 2 FW Boxes i'd go for it i guess. It's more like 3 weeks before expansion.

For 1990 seals you're gonna get 2 FW Boxes i'd go for it i guess. It's more like 3 weeks before expansion.
    This. I think the offer is until 15th december? or longer?

Originally Posted by Nahi0 Go to original post
    Any replays of this deck? i'm curious
    I dont have a lot of interesting replays, maybe this one was fun because there are not a lot of decks which have better late game than Zardoc =p
    http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/345

Anyway its the cassandra topic, so I wont talk about morgan here ^^

CALL TO ACTION

Wow - expansion took me by surprise. Do we want to postpone it? Please write your thoughts in the googledocs document

Since we agree that counters are a priority lets start writing them. We need an article how to counter Cassandra written by top players. I'll open a Google docs file with an article and invite top players to write their counters to Cassandra. The players listed below has full access to the document.

Content:

Introduction - ZergRusher - done

Cassandra's weaknesses - ZergRusher almost done

Ishuma - i asked Allinin and Smurfburn/Deatrick, maybe sb wants to write it Alinin confirmed

Craghack - i'll ask WesleyCau - i dont think he plays, ANYONE WANNA DO IT?? -> not important CH isn't popular anymore

Dhamiria - jkk89 & SoAmazinglyBad - ok

Adar Malik - EnlightenedOwl - ok

Sandal - VampFury - almost done

Ignatius - i'll ask MalyDrab - ok, at least "i'll try" i understand i'll do it or drop dead

Hakeem Mill - I'll ask Enclase & amoshias

Zardoc - I'll ask LQDBrunt - ok

Mirror - Dipl0mate ok - done

Kelthor - trupiciel - ok

Around 200-300 words for each matchup.

These matchups are my priority. If anyone wants to write about other deck feel free and post it here or send to xNamelessOrderx (at) gmail.com. If anyone wants to join this guide just write here stating what would you like to do.

I think it'd be nice to have each section written by Sunday and send it to Enclase to publish on mmdocking or any other DoC site that wants it and move it to the first post. I'll start sending information today to people who i hope will write matchup tips.

Ok. Enclase confirmed that the article will be on mmdocking

I'll ask makastory for his excellent VS graphics.

i'm not sure if we're going to use them but they seem nice

Hope this initiative will help.

jkk89's Avatar First 1700 ELO! Hooah!
    I can write something about Dhamiria from both perspectives.

Originally Posted by teoftw Go to original post
    I am playing this version of Cassandra Fortune deck http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/316 . After 3 weeks playing this game, i sit on 1200 ELO, managed 2 first positions and 2 second in my 6 first Swisses. I am having a very hard time against Adar Maliks, losing the majority of the games against him. What is there to know to properly play against him?
    I dont have time to wrtie a guide on this matchup but you need to:
    - kill'im b4 he uses Forbidden Flame FF (eg. using Pillage into prison)
    - force him to use his FF early and at the same time not lose too many cards
    - discard FF with with Realignment -> good starting hands will have this card

Crusader Treasurer is going to be nerfed tommorow. Might requirement rised to 4 :/

So apparently only Cassa fortune was nerfed. I thought they gonna nerf Raya but maybe uniques are not to be touched.

Short thoughts about some cards:

Buildings:
    - Watchtower - +1 retaliation is nothing it is just bad (maybe some Alia rage/retaliation decks may take advantage of it but i don't see it in Cassa)
    - Tower of the Inventor - looks very promising
    - Tower of the Gardener - very strong, i included it in my decks (Cassa, Sandal) but after some testings i have mixed feelings

Creatures::
    - Vindicator - no
    - Crusader Vanguard - ofc it's worse than the Glory but maybe i want to include it. I feel like there is a lack of 1 or 2 3-resources creature but it's a melee so it might be not that easy to keep full health as a Watchman. (Might work in some Alia decks andmaybe in Sandal with Ice Armor and Griffin Priests).
    - Angels of Mourning - no, Angels of Mercy are better
    - Crusader Sergeant - 5 might = no
    - melee shooter are effected by melee guard even if they are in the back line

Fortune:
    - Strength in numbers - i dont think i will be using it but since we have to clamp unit together, maybe
    - Morgan inspiration - i dont think so

Spells:
    - Chain Heal - still no
    - Ylath Breath - nice spell but not really for Cassa

Events:
    Time of War - i still believe that WoT and Storms are better

I omitted the cards im not even interested in testing

GuyJoe's Avatar Junior Member

Events:
    Time of War - i still believe that WoT and Storms are better

WoT and storms will also get nerfed as you must know (the pay one life thing if you still play the spell or the fortune, just like with the austerity event)
    So, I was wondering if your comment on time of war was talking this into account or not ?

That asked,

This treasurer nerf, even if I can somehow understand (I don't understand), still comes as a nasty blow...

I was going to post a version that got me to 1423 elo, explaining why I thought it was worse than diplomate's, which would have probably reinforced this reference, but...