ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    Please note that this thread is about OPN Cassandra.

Another expansion so i think it's time to refresh this thread.

I will write shortly what i think about new cards that might be added to Cassandra. If you want to read some thoughts on every card from expo you can read czwartek's review although i often dont agree with his views: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...y-cards-review

CREATURES

the Stackables:
    In general i dont believe that they will be played on their own without a deck concentrated on them. They really need the buildings to work efficiently, otherwise they are just overpriced creatures with fetching ability, However stackables on Garrison and with Barracks are obviously OP. The key to stackable deck will be to find an optimized build because the units are really a kind of liabitily w/o buildings.
    However i do believe that it's possible to create a Cassandra deck around stacks and maybe i will post an example on this thread.

Griffin Crossbowman - the 1st stackable creature, 1/0/3 creature stackable. I don't believe that stackable can be played outside a deck that is specifically designed for such a play that's why i dont recommend putting them in the deck unless you build a deck that relies on stackable.
    Griffin Legionnaire - the melee counterpart to the Crossbowman. Stronger body 1/2/4 means that on Garrison he will instantly become 2/4/8, that is not easy to deal with. Clearly the key card in haven stackable strategy,

Devout Priest - he's not that bad, i think he's better than Griffin Battle Priest but it's a defensive creature and Cassandra as a rushy deck doesnt need a defender. However, he's not bad and including just one is not a mistake in my opinion.

Benevolent Angel - although a great card 2 magic req disqualifies it in my eyes. Not in Cassandra fortune.

Angel Protector - he's a real gamechanger - a playable dispel. I'd play around 2 of them in every Haven deck that goes to 3 magic. However Cassandra doesnt touch 2 magic so playing him is not an option.

Angel Commander - probably the strongest 5 drop in the game. Only 4 might but those stats 4/3/8 flyer. Definitely a card worth checking out. Feel free to include 2 of them in a version with Treasurers and skip Lightning Strikes - Angel can deal with Lurkers. Also you can deduct a Bridge to play him since his high HP makes him a good blocker. He will strengthen the deck vs mass removal decks like Hakeem.

FORTUNES

Hall of Memories - i believe this card will be OP in some deck that can utilize it. I'm not fond of any kind of dodo effects and this basically introduces a "dodo Angel". You can imagine new Anael on turn 4 - which will be impossible to deal with for some decks. Anyhow, i'm not particularly sure if it's worth to play in Cassandra rushlock since you don't play with many Angels (and you certainly dont play with the big Anael but maybe the combo Soothsayer -> Hall of Memories + new Anael is worth it? i dont think so but maybe). If you play with many angels definitely use it.

Reserves - again a card for stacking decks

BUILDINGS
    building are specifically for stacking strategy

i will upload some decks later also when i create a stacks deck for Cassandra i will upload it as well

new Cassa decks example:

more mid-range:

1x Cassandra, Seeker of Light

Events (8)
    3x Path of the Ancestors
    4x Week of Training
    1x Week of the Mercenaries

Creatures (31)
    4x Tithe Collector
    4x Loyal Griffin
    1x Holy Praetorian
    4x Wolf Captain
    4x Crusader Watchman
    2x Soothsayer
    4x Radiant Glory
    1x Pao Deathseeker
    4x Crusader Treasurer
    1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
    2x Angel Commander

Fortunes (19)
    2x Revised Tactics
    2x River of Gems
    2x Broken Bridge
    4x Campfire
    4x Pillage
    1x Cassandra's Imperial Devotion
    1x Altar of Asha
    2x Cosmic Realignment
    1x Prison

hectoring's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    Hey Zerg, the last time I met you in Open you were playing Cassa with L Strikes (since there are so many Garant Gates & Inferno rushes with Lurkers) - do you not think it necessary anymore? And if you are playing with L strikes would you include benevolent angel?

Originally Posted by hectoring Go to original post
    Hey Zerg, the last time I met you in Open you were playing Cassa with L Strikes (since there are so many Garant Gates & Inferno rushes with Lurkers) - do you not think it necessary anymore?
    Well i always consider LS as necessary evil and i do believe that the deck is better w/o them.

In the GB version i posted i have 7 4 might creatures so i do believe i can deal with Lurkers w/o LS even though Lurkers still will cause problems.

Originally Posted by hectoring Go to original post
    And if you are playing with L strikes would you include benevolent angel?
    I dont think so. I really dont wanna go for 2 magic unless i feel like i have to and i'm not that concerned about targeted spells. It's a good creature but i cannot put on T3.

some classic builds that should still work well:
    - OPN classic Cassandra RushLock - http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/6524
    I played with 1 Wolf Trainer/1 Vanguard/1 Angel of Mercy since i dont know how to arrange the additional units to the core build but i'd never go further than 2 Wolf Trainer or 2 Angels of Mercy
    - OPN - classic Cassa with LS - http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/6525
    I decided to go down on River of Gems since in this version i don't have a big number of creatures and i often ran out of creatures quite quickly. I also encountered a weird meta with Lurkers and many stall decks - that's why i have Phoenix and LS. I'm not fully satisfied with this deck but should work very well. Also i noticed that people play with Sayama Warrior quite a lot and he's very nasty to deal with w/o strikes (but still i prefer him than a Lurker )

Hi ZR what's your take on the following cards?

Angel of Mercy

Shrine of Elrath?

Are they worth being included? Thanks.

Originally Posted by journeyman1414 Go to original post
    Hi ZR what's your take on the following cards?
    Angel of Mercy
    i've already written about them on the first page (under cards from the decks -> creatures). Is there sth missing. What should i add?
    Yes 1-2 Angels of Mercy are worth including although they are not standard (they fit mostly versions with 2 Realignments instead of 3 and with rather low number of creatures)

Shrine of Elrath?
    no just no. This cards doesnt fit the deck at all. It just does nothing you want it to do and slows you down. Totally not worth even considering. It doesnt give you new card and there is not really a creature you want to return every time.
    This card is played in some control decks (rage Alia for example) to get back Void Wraiths

^ Thanks ZR!

SINS OF BETRAYAL

Please note that this thread is about OPN Cassandra.

With every expansion i write a short review of Haven cards and mention light/air spells, especially those that can be added to the Cassandra deck.

EXPANSION NERFS AND CHANGES

A small reminder in the spoilers:

Spoiler:  Show
    Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    First/second player advantage
    changed the rules to even the odds whether you play first or second in a multiplayer match:

• On its first turn, the first player doesn't draw a card during its supply phase and cannot use his hero's ability
    • The second player starts the game with a Dragon Crystal. This special fortune card gives the opportunity to the second player, at the time he chooses in the game, to use one free effect (either drawing a card, gaining a temporary 1 resources boost or dealing 1 damage to a creature)

Resource curve becomes 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc. instead of 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, etc.

Check out a comprehensive graphic here

Magic Schools
    The text indicating the Creatures' schools of magic is replaced by the image of that school

Changes to 'Invokers'
    All Heroes with the "Invoker" in their title (Asalah, Jezziel, Kal-Azaar, Mother Namtaru, Shaar, Kaiko) change starting requirements from 0/2/1 to 1/2/0

Card rebalancing
    We've changed the following cards:

• [*]Lurker in the Dark: Now Requires 3 Might, and has Fear effect lowered to 2
    • Chain Casting updated description and effect to: Until end of turn: Spells you play cost 1 resource less for each other spell you played this turn. The cost of those spells could not be reduced to less than 1 resource.
    • Bloodsnake Shaman updated description and effect to: The first time an Enrage counter is put on Bloodsnake Shaman in a turn, it deals 1 damage to all enemy creatures on the same row.
    • Titan Workforce updated description and effect to: Permanent: The first time that one or more friendly Construct dies in a turn, return them to their owner's hand instead.
    • Writ of Fate updated description and effect to: Shuffle target Unique card into its owner's library.
    • Swelling Breeder's Magic Resist effect no longer stack
    • Zardoc's special ability now only work with friendly creatures
    • Generator Titan no longer gives his ability to enemy construct creatures
    • Guardian Golem no longer requires Forked Firebolt to target it
    • Corrected the german version of the "Barracks" card with the good HP value (1 instead of 2)
    • Doom Bringer now destroys all creatures when dying from Soulfire
    • Tokens are now correctly deployed by Bone Setter if Coral Ohyaku is in play
    • Week of Austerity now works correctly with Inferno tokens

I'll focus on the most important from the Cassandra point of view:

1. starting first redesign
    Starting first has been the biggest problem of the game from the e-sport point of view. The advantage of starting 2cd was unbearable and some changes needed to be implemented. The new system is definitely much more fair and i have a trouble guessing which player has an edge. However, for Haven i'd say that starting 2cd is better simply because the flagship opener: Tithe -> 3-drop (usually a Glory) is no longer possible since you cannot reach 3 might in the 2nd turn, but when starting 2cd you can deploy Tithe and then your 3-drop or even 2 2-drops with 1 resource from the Crystal.

Not being able to raise your stats also favors decks with lower maxouts.

Some might try a version of Cassandra w/o Tithes but with 3-4 Treasurers and 4 Rivers of Gems.

2. Lurker's redesign
    Lurkers have always been the bane of Cassandra decks but with he recent change it's no longer that potent. This means that:
    • i'm against using Lightning Strike in Cassandra decks
    • the rushy version becomes stronger (hard to say if stronger than the mid-range version)

3. ninja changes
    - Devout Priest has now Light school of magic. Should be really strong in Light theme decks.
    - Radiant Glory has now Light school of magic. Should be really strong in Light theme decks.

Please note that the new cards are designed to create Light-theme decks. I'm quite confident that some Light-theme Cassandra decks will become viable but this thread is about RushLock so i won't focus on Light-theme decks. However, maybe it is possible to create a Light-theme RushLock - here is my theory-crafting example: http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/1678-...raftin.en.html.

CREATURES

Lesser Glory - she looks quite interesting with her 1/1/6 stats so the question is if she's better than Griffin. Surprisingly i cannot give you a definite answer since 1 attack creatures are rather weak when deployed during the first turns. Her being Light doesn't mean anything for us since we won't be using any other cards to take advantage of that. I think it is reasonable to play either them or Griffins. In Light theme decks there is no contest - she's miles better.

Wolf Priest - playable only in Light theme decks. Please note the small requirements: 2/1/0 and that he's magic (he looks like a might creature).

Blessing Inquisitor - a backbone of Light-theme decks. He's basically a 2/3/7 Honor 1 guy. One of the strongest 4-drops in the game

Cleansing Priestess - it's another interesting healer (apart from Devout Priest and Anael). Her abilities seems very interesting, especially that it hard-counters crippling decks that might become popular after this expansion. I wouldn't put more than 1-2 of them to deck and only in 4/2/5 version. Please note the 2 magic req.

Warding Inquisitor - the guy just doesnt fit the deck. His CiP effect is quite potent but on the other hand he's basically a 2/2/7 creature for 5 and Cassandra has other ways to deal with mass removals and stalling deck (resource denial). I think he just doesn't suit the deck - there is no synergy. Please note the 2 magic req.

FORTUNES

Suply Chains and Construction - both fortunes belongs to stacks decks so they won't find a place in the RushLock. Supply Chains looks quite interesting, Construction seems pretty weak.

BUILDINGS

Chapel of Elrath - interesting card for Light theme deck but with so many playable healing creatures i dunno if it's needed now.

Holy Lighthouse - i really dislike the design of the card. It's basically a silver bullet against Necro that is a dead card vs most of the meta. This card will probably never see play since its effect is too narrow.

Angel's Temple - useless in RushLock

LIGHT SPELLS

Holy Sacrifice - doesn't fit the deck

Holy Light - another key card in Light-theme decks.

Sunrise - might be quite strong in some builds i cant see it working in Cassandra.

AIR SPELLS

Blast of Wind - a stalling card and a weak one. Not suited for the deck.

Storm Rage - a card is of similar power level that Lightning Strike so using it if you're going for 2 magic build is not a mistake. However i think i'd prefer to stay at 1 magic and 4/1/5 build.

Wind Arrows - obviously not for Cassandra decks

Is Wolf Priest different on the live servers? According to the mmdoctools card db, he gives his bonus to adjacent humans, not light creatures.

Your review seems to reflect different text, but I don't have one, and a lot of stuff is different from previews and the like.

Originally Posted by larkhainan Go to original post
    Is Wolf Priest different on the live servers? According to the mmdoctools card db, he gives his bonus to adjacent humans, not light creatures.

Your review seems to reflect different text, but I don't have one, and a lot of stuff is different from previews and the like.
    ? what is differenct?

i was using mmdoctools to make this review of new cards.

I'm asking you if it is different given you evaluated a card that interacts with the human subtype as 'only playable in a light based deck'. It just reads kinda weird, given he cares about humans. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment or anything, just thought maybe they'd changed the card or something.