Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager

New PS3 & Xbox 360 global release date and story trailer!

Hi Assassins!

We are pleased to announce the new story trailer for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and a new global release date for PS3 and Xbox 360:

Release dates:The PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions will now be available globally on October 29th.

Versions for the Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PC and Wii U will still be available on November 22nd in the UK.

For other regions - your Next Gen release date remains the same, please check with your local retailers.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Not long now

Sn1p3r-28's Avatar Member
    Dammit Ubi, now I'm more tempted to get a current-gen version as well......

I'm expecting to be just as impressed with this game as I was with the previous installments. Very interested to see what Edward's character will be like and his overall story arc. I remember for AC3 they never really managed to get me interested in Connor before the game came out.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon. Will my expected delivery date be updated or must I just hope it comes on that date regardless?

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon. Will my expected delivery date be updated or must I just hope it comes on that date regardless?
    It will change soon, news outlets only started reporting it a few hours ago.

Mattaio19's Avatar Junior Member
    Does the november 22nd date include the Black Chest Edition for the PS4?

Originally Posted by Mattaio19 Go to original post
    Does the november 22nd date include the Black Chest Edition for the PS4?
    Only the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions have altered release date - so the others remain the same for you.

ctuagent15's Avatar Member
    Why is it coming out on the 22nd in the UK when the PS4 isn't coming out till the 29th, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, it'll be nice to know I'll have it already for when I get my PS4, but it just seems odd.

Originally Posted by ctuagent15 Go to original post
    Why is it coming out on the 22nd in the UK when the PS4 isn't coming out till the 29th, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, it'll be nice to know I'll have it already for when I get my PS4, but it just seems odd.
    Hi,

It's due to the Next Gen versions, all releasing together, means they can target advertising, offers etc all for the same time

So, rather than release Xbox One, PC and Wii U one week and PS4 the next, it's all together

it should be easy for people to make sure they have the game, on the shelf ready for release of the console.