Blacklist Broken after patch

Recently i have been playing (and loving) blacklist, i was able to play for a few days after purchasing with a solid 60 fps on medium settings but as soon as i installed the latest patch (1.01 i believe) and upon opening blacklist, the game gets as far as the initial splash screen then crashes. ive talked to support and have been met with answers ranging from "too many applications running" to " drivers out of date" and " need better video card".

i have also tried changing the ini WindowStyleFinal to 0 or 2, however this solves nothing.

does anyone else have this issue or know of a way to fix the problem. worst case scenario im thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling without patching, but i assume that will break any kind of online functionality.

pls help

Same thing happened to my installation after patching 1.02 to 1.03 - editing the screen mode or DX version didn't help either. I opened a ticket and sent my DXDiag but just got a generic message back from UBI support. I reinstalled twice, on the second run settling to keeping on playing version 1.02. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity - I'm running GeForce 327.23 on an EVGA Titan. What's your driver and gfx card?

Originally Posted by GermanJoe Go to original post
    Just out of curiosity - I'm running GeForce 327.23 on an EVGA Titan. What's your driver and gfx card?
    im currently running AMD Radion 5800 series (5870 i think), not the newest card but it hasn't given me any trouble yet, im using amd driver installer to keep it up to date.

AJRimmsey's Avatar Member
    started game unpatched...ran fine

closed game

started again after din dins...patched itself...ran fine

went out and closed game

started game and voila...its patching again....ran fine

had a kip...started game again...true to form its patching again...and these are not small patchs

started game-crashed-crashed-crashed-...ripped me off for 200,000 credits in game

uplay says redeemed...game says nothing.....is ubisoft so popular it can pox peoples games with bad patchs ?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi guys, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

after deleting and reinstalling uplay / ubisoft game launcher, then verifying the steam cache for blacklist, the game has been running fine.

i suggest verifying the cache if you havnt done so already, then reinstalling uplay if necessary.

good luck guys.

AJRimmsey's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi guys, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    automated tech support is worse than no tech support,
    its sees "patch" and tells me where to get the patchs i already have.
    it sees "crash" and tells me to reinstall the game

what i need is someone with actual eyes and a brain to read this and tell me why its causing this crash>

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5245f25a
    Fault Module Name: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5245f25a
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00422c5c
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

games fine up until abandoned warehouse...then it all goes mammarys up.

Finally got it working again. I reinstalled, then applied each patch through the auto-downloader, making sure to not manually quit the patch window after each patch installation. Plays like a charm!

I blame the manually downloaded Patch 1.02 from the Ubisoft Blacklist website for the problems I had earlier, it had CRC errors unpacking and would mess up the installation in a way that crashed the installed 1.03.

Good luck for you guys,
    Jens

Originally Posted by AJRimmsey Go to original post
    automated tech support is worse than no tech support,
    its sees "patch" and tells me where to get the patchs i already have.
    it sees "crash" and tells me to reinstall the game

what i need is someone with actual eyes and a brain to read this and tell me why its causing this crash>

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5245f25a
    Fault Module Name: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5245f25a
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00422c5c
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

games fine up until abandoned warehouse...then it all goes mammarys up.
    From my basic reverse, this issue is related to nsOnlineConnection::StateLoggingInToRdv function. I've been spending hours trying to figure out over last few days, as normally most people who dealt with this issue had it caused by firewall, except I have entire game as well as uPlay already cleared by firewall. And good luck counting on Ubisoft support... this is clearly an issue with the code (the game literally tries reading from Null Pointer!), not OS, drivers user configuration etc. and requires patching.

Can't request refund obviously, cause Uplay denies you after you first launch it.

--EDIT--
    When running Uplay in Offline Mode (despite being connected to internet) and then starting the game, this function doesn't seem to be used at all. It is by no mean a fix, cause that'd require Ubisoft actually patching it, but at least it should get the singleplayer portion playable. Assuming there are no issues with saves.