Haven deck: suggestions

Thanks in advance for your suggestions http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/14343/

Ymouse's Avatar Junior Member
    It really depends on how far you want to rise in ELO. From the deck you linked, i assume you are fairly new to the game and play in the 0-500 bracket. Anyway, my suggestions to climb up to the 1001-1500 bracket are (very cheap changes you should be able to afford very soon):
    - Drop all the Imperial Sentinels and Imperial Crossbowman,
    - Add 2 Loyal Griffins,
    - Add one Sunrider and one Radiant Glory,
    - Drop all the Purity spells (too situational),
    - Drop all the fortunes
    - Fill with the removal spells you like the most: personally i would drop the cyclones and go with 4 of all the remaining spells).
    - If you really want to use some fortune cards, just have 4 campfire and add some River of Gems if they fit.
    - If you can get your hands on some Lightning Strikes (Herald of the Void expansion) they will fit pretty nicely in this kind of deck.

With this deck you should break the 1000 threshold without too many problems.
    How to play it:
    Start early with the Tithe Collector or any of the 2 resource cards and raise your hero might the first 1-2 turns (with the exception of a full, one sided board clear chance with the Sunburst. In this case put one point into magic and clear the board if you feel like it). Once you reach 3 might (3rd turn) you should have 2 options: switch to raise magic and start gaining the board advantage with spells, or wait one more turn, cap the might at 4 and dish out the bigger creatures. You should put one point into fortune after getting 4 might and 4 magic, except when you think you can gain a clear advantage by raising the fortune to play more cards together.
    How to improve it (cheaply):
    Try to go for a Cassandra 3/4/2 (which means you should only have cards of max 3 might, 4 magic and 2 fortune requirements). This will help you reaching the full potential of your deck pretty quickly (rush deck). I think it's the most effective deck you can use with the least amount of effort needed to gather the cards, while waiting for your collection to grow. I'm using this at the moment and it's pretty effective, you have some chances to beat a major deck if you're lucky and don't commit any mistakes.

Thanks your suggestions. I will try asap. Can you tell me something more about 3/4/2 deck? Which creatures and spells?

Ymouse's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by dec982 Go to original post
    Thanks your suggestions. I will try asap. Can you tell me something more about 3/4/2 deck? Which creatures and spells?
    It depends on your strategy and how you want to play it. I like fast, simple decks also because most of the cards are cheap. Something basic for a Cassandra 3/4/2 would include (remember that you may want to fill the deck depending on what you have available in your collection):
    Hero:
    Cassandra 1/1/2 - Light and Air

Events:
    - Week of taxes: you don't have any fortune, so it's worth it.
    - Month of the Dancing Flames (if you don't have Week of the Mercenaries)

Creatures:
    - As 1 cost, just Tithe Collector,
    - As 2 cost, Holy Praetorians(x2), Elite Squires(x2), Expert Marksman(x 2-4) and Loyal Griffins(x4). Wolf Captains and Dark Assassins if you have any.
    - As 3 cost: Radiant Glory (x4), Sunrider(x4), Wolf Marksman(x 2-4). Pao Deathseekers if you have any.

Spells:
    - As 2 cost: Sunburst (x3-4).
    - As 3 cost: Bless (x3-4). Lightning Strikes if you have any.
    - As 4 cost: Word of Light (x2-3), Chain Lightning (x3-4), Lightning Bolt (x3-4).
    - As 5 cost: Divine Intervention (x2). This spell is VERY useful against a lot of decks who rely on particular ongoing spells synergies.

Note that the costs are referring to the general resource cost, not the hero's ones.
    This list is just a start from which you can fill the deck adding the cards you have available in your collection that will go along well with the rush strategy.

ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    Hello!

Ymouse suggestions are fine if you are going for magic Cassa - which is rather rare above 1k elo. Most T1 Cassas are fortune Cassa rushes. Please take a look: http://www.momcards.fr/fr/deck/view/2882.html .

Since Cassa is a Seeker (has no ability but 2 destiny at the very start) if you're going for magic you are sacrificing fortunes and thus make her 2 destiny useless. I'm not saying it's a mistake just saying that it is a less popular approach.

Originally Posted by ZergRusher Go to original post
    Hello!

Ymouse suggestions are fine if you are going for magic Cassa - which is rather rare above 1k elo. Most T1 Cassas are fortune Cassa rushes. Please take a look: http://www.momcards.fr/fr/deck/view/2882.html .

Since Cassa is a Seeker (has no ability but 2 destiny at the very start) if you're going for magic you are sacrificing fortunes and thus make her 2 destiny useless. I'm not saying it's a mistake just saying that it is a less popular approach.
    Thanks for the hint but I miss half the cards of this deck.
    Yesterday I got Morgan, Beloved General. is it viable? Some deck ideas?

ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    Missing many cards is a common problem for new players. Ymouse said: very cheap changes you should be able to afford very soon so you should be able to implement his suggestion while saving wild cards for wolf captains and other important epics. His suggestions are very good for a cheap deck.

I played magic Cassa until i reached 1100 elo when i switched into impoverished version of fortune Cassa. Next, when new expansion kicked in i spent all my Wild Cards on cards i needed.

About Morgan: Archer is a well-know player who advocates Morgan play - his deck: http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/13112/ -> it's a very simple deck that relies on strong creatures that will give you a long-term advantage over almost any player. You can temporarily replace Path of the Ancestors with Mana storm or Day of Sanctuary but path is much better.

You have to choose whether you want to switch to Morgan or stay with Cassa and build your basic deck and improve it on while you play. Prioritize Wolf Captains while spending your Wild cards. They are essential in every haven deck. I wouldn't spend wild cards on commons or uncommons you will get them eventually.

I implemented Ymousse suggestion and the deck work better, now I am 700 elo. Surely I don't have cards for a Cassandra fortune deck. I will try Morgan asap as well.

Hey, i'm a fairly new player of the game and started with Haven. I had some good moments with it, reaching 750 elo but i got eventually fed with the unconsistency of my previous deck (in which i had too many situational cards, or as i liked to call them, options). I implemented Ymousse changes, with a couple of tweaks (a couple of void wraith i had and two DA to stack with the pao's ; and i play 4 campfire along with 3 broken bridges to get the fortune usefull). I was lucky enough to get those cards and i know they don't come cheap, but i'd like to know what you think of them.

With those changes i was able to come back a bit, with a second and then first place in a swiss, beating two 1.2k elo in a row, and well, i'd like to thank Ymousse for it (and ZergRusher).
    I found that most haven deck requires an insane amount of rare and unique cards (fortune Cassandra for instance) most of them i cannot even get in the pit since all the extensions cards are still locked for me. So of course it was very frustrating to shuffle around decks and find i had most cards but the most important.

Anyway, it worked out so thanks. Sometimes, when you are neck deep in your deck for a while, it's hard to take a fresh look. The changes were simple enough but god knows why i couldn't not get rid of my shi no shi or my sun crusader and etc.