The first official patch is out!

Dear Might & Magic fans,

the first official patch is out, and it brings you new classes, features and lots of bugfixes. Thanks to everyone of you who contributed to this by giving feedback!

Here's a short list of the most important updates (read more on our Open Dev Blog):

• 4 new classes: Scout, Druid, Mercenary and Shaman.
    • The "Item Comparator" feature allows you to compare a selected item from your inventory or a merchant's shop with an item that's currently equipped
    • The day and night cycle has been extended
    • Two additional languages have been added: Chinese and Japanese
    • More than 100 bugs have been fixed thanks to your feedback

Getting the patch is easy:

The patch will download automatically when you run your Steam Client (whether you activated the Beta mode or not). All other users just need to launch the game in order to download & patch.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Please note that due to the number of changes we have implemented, there might be issues when loading previous save files. Therefore we strongly recommend that you create a copy of your save files in a separate folder.

Thank you all and have fun! We're looking forward to more feedback from you!

Your MMX team

Gotta say, good job! Everything feels more polished and smooth. Many of the little bugs/annoyances are gone, and I had fun running through the first part of the game with a new party. There are still some issues though:

1. My stuff still breaks a lot.
    2. Animation speeds for monsters is still ridiculously slow. It feels way too artificial. Like you are trying to make the game take longer to complete for no reason.
    3. Some visual clipping: liquid armor was clipping and subtle light hints for the secrets in the rogue hideout was clipping like crazy.
    4. There should be some slow regeneration of HP/Mana outside of combat.
    5. Still got the "Combat Lock" where all my party has moved, but nothing happens.
    6. Still need better indicators for who have/have not acted during combat rounds.
    7. Maybe update the spellbook to show all possible (normal) spells but grey them out if you have not learned them yet. Gives a better sense of how to build your character.

At work, I'll post more later.

s_bertram's Avatar Junior Member
    О! Спасибо за ваши труды!
    Ждём следующего обновления!

This patch was a huge improvement in so many aspects. I am really impressed.

- The item comparison was done very well. I like the equipment icons below the character portraits. It is a bit unresponsive now and then: I have to drag and drop items twice to equip them and the comparison tooltip pops up with a slight delay.

- Small interface improvements like the option to display party ressources in the bottom left corner are a nice surprise and I would like to see more of this subtle things implemented. For example, in older games you could turn off that your party automatically turns the other way when leaving a house. Or an option to turn on the bloodstains of fallen monsters.

- The bonus item from the disk we got at Gamescom was also cool. Useful but not ridiculously powerful, at least at level 2.Unfortunately I can´t wear my Might and Magic Legacy shirt at the same time because it is so cold at home.

- Map icons are nice but they need a little more colour to make them more distinctive.

- Maybe I am lying to myself, but was the quicksave notification added because I mentioned it a few weeks ago in the forums?

I hope to see more patches like this in the future, keep up the good work!

The official patch provided a tremendous improvement to the gameplay. Well done! Keep up the excellent progress! Some of my comments/observations are below:

1. I still get the "Combat Lock" or "Combat Freeze" bug where I have to reload my game. This typically happens against Militia and Brigands. Maybe there is something to that. That bug is very annoying.
    2. The movement system is still very slow and inflexible.
    3. I would like to see enemies respawn every month or so. I am not sure if that's already in the game or not. I usually get past the Act 1 in less than one month game time.
    4. I would like to see my NPCs in the game that I can interact with. Moreover, I would like to see more side quests. There are very few quests in the Early Access version of the game, probably by design, but the final version needs more quests.
    5. I would like to see more world map markers, such as the "Crypt" and "Cyclops" caves.
    6. You guys fixed a lot bugs, improved the graphics and sound. I really like the comments from my party. It keeps things interesting.

The new patch is awesome. I'm still hoping (and waiting) for a complete spell rebalancing so magic is more than casting Regeneration, but one thing at a time, I guess. ;-)

Originally Posted by delslow78 Go to original post
    7. Maybe update the spellbook to show all possible (normal) spells but grey them out if you have not learned them yet. Gives a better sense of how to build your character.
    There's already an option to show unlearned spells. Can't check right now but I think it's in the bottom right of the spellbook.

Originally Posted by DreamWarden33 Go to original post
    1. I still get the "Combat Lock" or "Combat Freeze" bug where I have to reload my game. This typically happens against Militia and Brigands. Maybe there is something to that. That bug is very annoying.
    Ctrl+Alt+R usually fixes the Lock without need for reloading.

Fixing Lock

Originally Posted by vaderbg2 Go to original post
    The new patch is awesome. I'm still hoping (and waiting) for a complete spell rebalancing so magic is more than casting Regeneration, but one thing at a time, I guess. ;-)

There's already an option to show unlearned spells. Can't check right now but I think it's in the bottom right of the spellbook.

Ctrl+Alt+R usually fixes the Lock without need for reloading.
    Thanks! I will try that if the "Lock" happens again.

In general I am very impressed with the amount of improvement that this patch has added. Though there are still a few things that I think need improving

Bugs
    Dunstan still has the odd bit of speech that isn’t voiced audibly.
    Right clicking to swap my broken shield meant that it disappeared rather than go to my inventory.
    I was in coordinate 112,66 fighting an elite bandit who was meant to be according to the map in coordinate 112,67 and who I could still attack though visually he was 3 blocks in front and I was killing him even though I was swinging at thin air. Also I have seen it noted somewhere else but the bandit didn’t fall over when killed.
    I have found twice when levelling up that the game half freezes and I can do most things apart from move or access the main menu. Forcing me to Ctrl Alt r to carry on

Improvements to make the game better
    There is a bridge near where you meet the first rogue mage in the game at coordinates 127,50 to 129,50. This bridge is accessible from one end but not the other due to bushes and other vegetation blocking it. This is rather odd. Not sure if this is going to have something in the later game ?
    I still think that both the area map and the main map can be improved.
    -the area map needs proper names such as portmeyan castle rather than just entrance as this isn’t very helpful.
    -the area map would also look better as a map rather than a block map which can be confusing. Or at least add in bit of imagery/colour
    -Also the mini map should aline itself with the way that the character is facing to cut down on confusion as to which way to go.
    -For the main map it would be nice to have a marker so that one knows roughly where one is in the world and how close you are to your objectives
    Militia, elite militia, city guards and imperial sentinels all look the same bar a tiny amount of colour which is very confusing.
    I see that other people are having the same problem as me and accidently hitting the rest button. It would be nice to have a confirmation for it.
    I have started playing mm6 and I really like the fact that there is a little description about each weapon and armour. I think this would add a lot to the game.
    Same also with being able to visually see the armour and weapons that are placed on our characters.
    The main issue I found with the whole play through is the mamushi fight. In general I think he is the right hardness if maybe still a little too hard considering he is the 2nd mission. The main problem I found is if I didn’t move at the beginning then I would get body slammed and everyone killed instantly even at level 5 I would also get the odd hit that like wise would destroy me even if all my characters had full health. Apart from that the rest of the hits were ok.
    Still in the bestiary the coral priestess and kenshi are at the top of the list and elite versions are at the bottom it would make sense to have them grouped together.
    Same goes with stuff in the traders inventories. potions I find will have 10 health potions at the top of the list then another 5 further down the list. This goes for other items as well. A little thing but I think it will make a big difference.
    I don’t know how the game will evolve after act 1 but it would be nice to see the castle passage ways cleared of derby and restored to its rightful glory after one has defeated all the invaders.
    For the mercenary class I like the fact that he is a master at most combat but as others have said it seems he will be lacking later in the game due to not being able to be a gm in any classes so I was thinking that instead you could get the choice to level up say 1 or 2 weapons and one armour type thus giving you the choice on what your mercenary becomes gm in
    The rest bonus from a tavern is to short it is usually gone before I have reached anyone to fight.
    I am sure that later on in the game it may come as a mission but in the town one of the villagers mentions that a mage came in to the village and went to an abandoned house and then disappeared. Is this little story going to be made into a side quest?

All in all very good. Keep up the good work guys