killzab's Avatar Senior Member

I'm wary of Black Flag's glitchiness...

Considering how glitchy AC3 was...

I fear that the problems come from the Anvilnext engine which might actually be a good-looking pile of crap.

Seeing how ACIV uses the same one. I just hope they ironed it out a lot. Black Flag looks stellar, but at the same time, if we can't play for 5 minutes without seeing 10 visual glitches, it will be for nothing.

I am 90% certain that many gameplay problems in AC3 came from that glitchiness.

For example, the notoriety system was complete BS !!! everytime I air-assassinated a guard on a rooftop, I was praying that I wouldn't alert the single guard a hundred meters from us ! Whenever we were running incognito in New-York, an alert would start with no reason, forcing us to stay at Level 1 constantly to avoid this EXTREMELY annoying glitch.

Another example is the ambient music, I am almost sure it is simply a bug. The devs have ALWAYS refused to answer our questions on the subject. If it was a deliberate choice, why not simply say something like "we decided to not include ambient music to give a more realistic tone to the game" or some PR answer like that ?

What surprises me is that in one of the first interviews about the game, in April 2012 I believe, a dev said that the game was already complete, and all that remained was polishing the bugs and glitches to make it all run perfectly. So in 6+ months of ONLY getting rid of bugs, THAT was the best they could do ? So either something happened during developpement, something big and bad that basically slowed them down dramatically, or it all comes from the crappy engine that makes it almost impossible to make everything run...

Anyways my fingers are crossed, but I DON'T want Hutchinson directing an AC game EVER AGAIN !

The problems with AC3 were because of an incredibly slow storyline and a massive open world with very little in it. To the semi-casual gamer, the glitchiness wasn't that bad at all.

adventurewomen's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't worry at all!

LAWD another one of these threads.. seriously wait till you play AC4 before you make a judgement!

silvermercy's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by adventurewomen Go to original post
    Don't worry at all!

LAWD another one of these threads.. seriously wait till you play AC4 before you make a judgement!
    Indeed...

Personally, I think I completed a pretty thorough gameplay and I only encountered a few bugs. Which I a expect with every game in general. (Maybe it was because I had PS3 Freedom edition version? lol)

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by adventurewomen Go to original post
    Don't worry at all!

He never said it IS going to have glitches. He says he is Wary of them.

I didn't encounter that many glitches in AC3. For me it was pretty typical open world glitch frequency. AC3 introduced more new stuff than I believe AC4 will, so 4 will likely be less glitchy. I'm not really worried about that.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    I count glitches as pop in and shadowing problems too.

Hopefully next gen gets rid off this.

lothario-da-be's Avatar Senior Member
    AC3 was the first game the used anvillnext and they tried a lot of new stuff like Sushi said. So i think ac4 will have less bugs. Personaly i didn't experinced more then 5 bugs in more then 70 hours.So i am not worried at all.

I actually enjoy bugs a bit, it's part of the charm with OW games for me. In AC3 there was this awesome bug that shot me into the air, like 30m or so and than I crashed and died, but had a nice view before that. Happened twice, wish I knew how to recreate it, because it was pretty sweet.

Edit: Pretty much like this:

I dont care about glitches in games..never have..never will.
    I actually ENJOY finding them.
    Open world and WWE Games..its just hilarious to me to find this stuff....Every glitch has put a smile on my face (except Skyrim..because those glitches get you stuck in the map lol)
    If you judge a game based solely on its bug count, you game for the wrong reasons.
    Which I believe so many critics did to AC3..they used it's bugs as a scapegoat to give it such a low score
    8.5..is that really that bad? No..but It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when review after review the only negative critique was bugs (Though I know there were more such as character development...the sequences of his childhood were empty, not full enough to make us care about Connor's Strugle.)
    The Open world and game play to me was a 10, the story was an 8...Averages out to a 9/10 lol
    And those are the only 2 things that matter ;D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►